Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray in Dunblane on Sunday 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 22 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray in Dunblane on Sunday

(Read 11282 times)
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #60 on: September 16, 2012, 10:25 AM »

This is a day that I thought I'd never see.Please,please if you are going to Dunblane, would you post a description of events for those of us who can't be there.?
  Andy going to his home town with his Olympic Gold Medal and his US Open trophy and his girl friend. It is just wonderful
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #61 on: September 16, 2012, 10:27 AM »

To those who are going have a fabulous time and make as much noise as you can alright!! Also take plenty pics please x Very Happy
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #62 on: September 16, 2012, 10:30 AM »

I find it quite offensive to be called deluded
It wasn't aimed at you, but if you take offence it's your problem not Aileen's. She is a proud Scot but feels that Scotland is part of this Island of ours. I'm Welsh and proud of my Celtic heritage, but I'm also proud to be British and part of the rich tapestry created by putting together the different nationalities and find it hard to understand how anyone is going to get anything out of independence. confused
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #63 on: September 16, 2012, 10:33 AM »

Anyone fancy giving me a lift from Glasgow? lol

Have a wonderful time everyone that's going, it will be an emotional one! Smile
IP Logged
bhill_mfc
Satellite Level

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #64 on: September 16, 2012, 10:42 AM »

It wasn't aimed at you, but if you take offence it's your problem not Aileen's. She is a proud Scot but feels that Scotland is part of this Island of ours. I'm Welsh and proud of my Celtic heritage, but I'm also proud to be British and part of the rich tapestry created by putting together the different nationalities and find it hard to understand how anyone is going to get anything out of independence. confused

There are quite a few benefits to independence but fortunately this is not a place for political discussion. I'm keen for this thread to steer clear of politics as sport and politics rarely make a good combination.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #65 on: September 16, 2012, 10:50 AM »

This parade will be amazing. Wish I could take part in person, but I live too far away.
Nice little article here:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/andy-murray-set-for-homecoming-as-dunblane-1326617

IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #66 on: September 16, 2012, 11:06 AM »

Don't talk to me.  One is not amused.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #67 on: September 16, 2012, 11:15 AM »

Apologies to those who may have seen this, but it sums up how many of us feel in Scotland at the moment. And yes, the politics is relevant at this point.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/tennis/andy-murrays-us-open-triumph-is-scotlands-1326643
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #68 on: September 16, 2012, 11:32 AM »

Sky News just went to it there, looks lively already. Very Happy
IP Logged
toady
Junior

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #69 on: September 16, 2012, 11:38 AM »

Sky and BBC both there by the looks of things- check out their live news channels nearer the time.

Speaks volumes about Andy that he goes to Dunblane first.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #70 on: September 16, 2012, 11:44 AM »

Apologies to those who may have seen this, but it sums up how many of us feel in Scotland at the moment. And yes, the politics is relevant at this point.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/tennis/andy-murrays-us-open-triumph-is-scotlands-1326643
That was brilliant Fiverings! Thanks for sharing!
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #71 on: September 16, 2012, 11:59 AM »

In Dunblane. I'm basically on the road bridge that crosses the railway. It's raining heavily.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #72 on: September 16, 2012, 12:24 PM »

It's nice now it's stopped raining and the sun's out. May also have been on Sky News for a second or two a few  minutes ago.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #73 on: September 16, 2012, 12:51 PM »

There are moments in life when you know the world has shifted from its axis.

Like on Tuesday night, in the middle of a World Cup qualifier, when the Tartan Army struck up a chant.

For a tennis player.

The subconscious acknowledgement of a shift in our national pride from what they were watching in front of them, and despairing at, to a sport which has long been the pursuit of the middle classes but suddenly has its everyman.

A class reaction for a truly world class act, and recognition for the best moment in the history of Scottish sport.

Superb article.  Thanks for posting it.   It makes me  feel so proud to be Scottish!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #74 on: September 16, 2012, 01:04 PM »

So frustrating - I can't find anything anywhere, and it's perhaps a pity that the Great North Run is also taking place today, but here's a pic from BBC Scotland website -

And the Beeb have invited folk to send in their photos of the occasion.  Hopefully they might have video highlights like they had of the Glasgow parade.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 22 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »