Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray in Dunblane on Sunday 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray in Dunblane on Sunday

(Read 10533 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #270 on: September 17, 2012, 12:44 AM »

Can't believe the length of this thread already.  Don't have time to read it now but will when I get home and will check out the video links then as we're asked not to use streaming here on pc where I'm staying.  But just from the little I've read sounds as if an amazing occasion despite awful weather.  And how typical of Andy to spend so much time signing autographs.  Do hope he gets some real rest before he takes to the courts again.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #271 on: September 17, 2012, 12:52 AM »

Yep...sounds like guesswork to me.    If it comes to pass everyone will say isn't he wonderful and if it doesn't they will have forgotten.    To paraphrase GC : I'm a cynic but am I cynical enough.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #272 on: September 17, 2012, 01:49 AM »

Andy's own words (from ATP report) -

"It was great, I've really, really enjoyed it.  I had all my family here and a lot of friends from school and teachers who taught me - all sorts - my old tennis coaches. It was a great day, I'm really happy to have been part of it"

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #273 on: September 17, 2012, 01:59 AM »

Thanks guys for all the lovely clips. Much appreciated.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #274 on: September 17, 2012, 02:32 AM »

Since I'm anxious to watch Andy playing again I wouldn't be surprised if Andy is anxious to get back out on the court and start playing. I know if I had just won something like that I would really want to be back out there to see what my game is like now.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #275 on: September 17, 2012, 08:02 AM »

My favourite bit was the interaction with, and the signing of the Jack Russell dog. It was very cute. My second favourite was the looks on the little kids faces when he draped his Olympic medals round their necks. They looked like Christmas had come for them.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #276 on: September 17, 2012, 02:17 PM »

Since I'm anxious to watch Andy playing again I wouldn't be surprised if Andy is anxious to get back out on the court and start playing. I know if I had just won something like that I would really want to be back out there to see what my game is like now.
Apart from that, he needs to start re-focussing on tennis again as soon as possible if he's to have any chance of increasing his ranking points.  Cincinnati was a disaster in that respect and one that was only mitigated by the points he picked up at the Olympics.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #277 on: September 17, 2012, 05:48 PM »

Apart from that, he needs to start re-focussing on tennis again as soon as possible if he's to have any chance of increasing his ranking points.  Cincinnati was a disaster in that respect and one that was only mitigated by the points he picked up at the Olympics.

And in winning a major I would have thought.

In retrospect Andy got it a bit wrong after the Olympics. He went to Toronto immediately after, having had no time to digest what he had achieved. Frankly, you only had to look at him in Toronto to see he was knackered. The fall-out from that went on into Cincy.

However, this time he has had some rest, and good on him. I think going to Dunblane was absolutely the right move, because surely it has given him chance to enjoy what he has done, but also talk about it to his hearts content with people who love and care for him. That will help it to sink in, but will also surely give him the desire (assuming he needs it now) to strive for more.

I'm pretty sure I heard Andy say yesterday that he will back in training very soon and that he was looking forward to it. I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that he has gone back to work this week.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #278 on: September 17, 2012, 07:20 PM »

I'm pretty sure I heard Andy say yesterday that he will back in training very soon and that he was looking forward to it. I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that he has gone back to work this week.
He said he'd back in training tomorrow.  The statement was reported in an article in today's Daily Mail.  Looks like Lendl's going to be around too.  I'd post the article, but inevitably it doesn't seem to be online.

Also we now know why he gave the Glasgow Parade a miss.  In the same article Andy said he'd managed to get only about 3 hours sleep in 3 days and, not surprisingly, was utterly exhausted.  He spent some time at home just walking the dogs and sleeping, so it's great to see him looking so fresh in the Dunblane pics, but, please, I hope he doesn't overdo it now.
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #279 on: September 17, 2012, 10:13 PM »

I saw some reports on News 24 yesterday after my visitors left. Today there was different footage of him on every Reporting Scotland bulletin talking about campaigning for a national tennis centre for Scotland. Apparently there's one at Stirling Uni but the facilities there only do up to a certain age? There was some footage of what looked like Colin Fleming hitting with young kids there.

Got a Herald today and there was a really nice photo on the front and a two page spread. Then in the sports supplement there was a couple of articles about the fate of squash in Scotland drawing parallels between Peter Nicol (a 4x Commonwealth gold medallist and World Champion player) and Andy with Peter basically saying Andy's achievements were greater than his because of who he had to beat. Modesty must be a trait amongst our sportsmen! It's a good read and online here http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/other-sports/scots-share-a-similar-approach-to-success.18888569 .

Thanks for posting all the links to the videos. I was offline yesterday and desperate to catch up on them all. I got a wee bit emotional watching them there!

To everyone who went and saw Andy you're so lucky! Glad you had a great time!

IP Logged
colincro

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #280 on: September 17, 2012, 10:55 PM »

This is a short video of my brother's interaction with Andy in Dunblane.

IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #281 on: September 17, 2012, 10:57 PM »

I saw some reports on News 24 yesterday after my visitors left. Today there was different footage of him on every Reporting Scotland bulletin talking about campaigning for a national tennis centre for Scotland. Apparently there's one at Stirling Uni but the facilities there only do up to a certain age? There was some footage of what looked like Colin Fleming hitting with young kids there.

Got a Herald today and there was a really nice photo on the front and a two page spread. Then in the sports supplement there was a couple of articles about the fate of squash in Scotland drawing parallels between Peter Nicol (a 4x Commonwealth gold medallist and World Champion player) and Andy with Peter basically saying Andy's achievements were greater than his because of who he had to beat. Modesty must be a trait amongst our sportsmen! It's a good read and online here http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/other-sports/scots-share-a-similar-approach-to-success.18888569 .

Thanks for posting all the links to the videos. I was offline yesterday and desperate to catch up on them all. I got a wee bit emotional watching them there!

To everyone who went and saw Andy you're so lucky! Glad you had a great time!

Yup ...good article.. thanks for posting. Peter Nicol showed very similar qualities to Andy Murray... and are both very modest individuals.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #282 on: September 17, 2012, 11:49 PM »

Yes I've just seen that footage after the 10 pm news.  It was definitely Colin Fleming hitting with the youngster.  I think he does some coaching in between tournaments.  The facilities there are only up to the age of 15, and this is what Andy would like to see addressed by a NTC.

Very interesting article.  Nicol is certainly in a position to appreciate Andy's success and what he has had to go through to achieve what he has done, so it's great to have his input here.  Squash is certainly an extremely demanding sport.  I once tried to play a game and was literally on my knees after 30 minutes - and that was at a time when I was regularly playing tennis and badminton and considered myself to be fit!

This is a short video of my brother's interaction with Andy in Dunblane.

Hi Colin! welcome  Thanks for posting the video.  I'm intrigued though - what exactly did your brother say to Andy?

IP Logged
colincro

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #283 on: September 17, 2012, 11:57 PM »

He just said congratulations and asked for a photo.  He’d been trying all afternoon and finally caught him right at the very last moment just before he went into the courts for the exhibition stuff.  You have to love a trier.  It was quite amusing!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #284 on: September 18, 2012, 12:10 AM »

Thanks. Smile  I thought Andy looked like he was getting a bit impatient!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »