Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray in Dunblane on Sunday 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray in Dunblane on Sunday

(Read 12239 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #285 on: September 18, 2012, 01:00 AM »

This is a short video of my brother's interaction with Andy in Dunblane.

Can't play video right now as using a pc in canadian rockies where they ask us not to access streaming but just to say welcome colin.   Lovely to hear more reports from the Dunblane visit
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #286 on: September 18, 2012, 01:06 AM »

Oh goodness you're in Canada Ruthie.  Now I know why you've been posting in the wee small hours!

I put these pics on the pictures thread but thought I'd post them here too.

Alex Salmond met Andy in Dunblane to congratulate him and present him with his Royal Mail stamp, and also to discuss (along with Judy) their idea of establishing a National Tennis Centre in Scotland.

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #287 on: September 18, 2012, 01:11 AM »

Oh goodness you're in Canada Ruthie.  Now I know why you've been posting in the wee small hours!

I put these pics on the pictures thread but thought I'd post them here too.

Alex Salmond met Andy in Dunblane to congratulate him and present him with his Royal Mail stamp, and also to discuss (along with Judy) their idea of establishing a National Tennis Centre in Scotland.

yes just replied on pics thread Aileen.   Great that Andy wants to get involved in setting up a tennis centre in Scotland - should be real momentum behind it now
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #288 on: September 18, 2012, 01:27 AM »

Thanks - I just saw that. Smile  Have a good holiday!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #289 on: September 18, 2012, 09:58 AM »

He said he'd back in training tomorrow.  The statement was reported in an article in today's Daily Mail.  Looks like Lendl's going to be around too.  I'd post the article, but inevitably it doesn't seem to be online.

Also we now know why he gave the Glasgow Parade a miss.  In the same article Andy said he'd managed to get only about 3 hours sleep in 3 days and, not surprisingly, was utterly exhausted.  He spent some time at home just walking the dogs and sleeping, so it's great to see him looking so fresh in the Dunblane pics, but, please, I hope he doesn't overdo it now.
Well Aileen......It must be difficult to get comfy in bed with two heavy medals round your neck and a big trophy tucked under your arm!  w00t
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #290 on: September 18, 2012, 10:07 AM »

lmao lmao
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #291 on: September 18, 2012, 10:29 AM »

He just said congratulations and asked for a photo.  He’d been trying all afternoon and finally caught him right at the very last moment just before he went into the courts for the exhibition stuff.  You have to love a trier.  It was quite amusing!

Ah, so sweet tender
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #292 on: September 18, 2012, 03:49 PM »

Well Aileen......It must be difficult to get comfy in bed with two heavy medals round your neck and a big trophy tucked under your arm!  w00t
roflmao
IP Logged
jeanie1953
Junior

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #293 on: September 18, 2012, 04:44 PM »

http://healthnsports4u.blogspot.ca/2012/09/one-brick-at-time-journey-of-andy.html

Great article about our boy.................
IP Logged
jeanie1953
Junior

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #294 on: September 18, 2012, 04:45 PM »

Another great interview

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-19617470
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #295 on: September 18, 2012, 05:40 PM »

Am going back home up to Crieff in a few weeks,for a wee break! Am going to go to the postbox for an obligatory thumbs aloft photo beside the postbox.
What a day for Dunblane on Sunday, though! Was so proud of Andy taking the time he did to sign thousands of autographs in his marathon walkabout. Has always been a gentleman in my eyes, but that was special.
Andy doubters have been a bit quiet of late!!!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #296 on: September 19, 2012, 11:20 AM »

He said he'd back in training tomorrow.  The statement was reported in an article in today's Daily Mail.  Looks like Lendl's going to be around too.  I'd post the article, but inevitably it doesn't seem to be online.

Also we now know why he gave the Glasgow Parade a miss.  In the same article Andy said he'd managed to get only about 3 hours sleep in 3 days and, not surprisingly, was utterly exhausted.  He spent some time at home just walking the dogs and sleeping, so it's great to see him looking so fresh in the Dunblane pics, but, please, I hope he doesn't overdo it now.

Andy has just posted on FB:-

Andy Murray
Dani just got in to London so we're back on court today...

No rest for the wicked whip
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #297 on: September 19, 2012, 04:14 PM »

I don't think Andy "does" holidays or time off.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #298 on: September 19, 2012, 05:37 PM »

Yes, what happened to ak400!
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #299 on: September 19, 2012, 05:38 PM »

I think what Andy is doing is so smart.  Getting up close and personal with the fans, and talking about a tennis academy in Scotland.  He's doing all the right PR things.  Someday, Andy will be in the Court of Champions at the US Open.

The US Open Court of Champions salutes the tournament’s all-time greatest champions with an individual permanent monument that serves as a lasting tribute. The 2006 inductees will join prior inductees including Jimmy Connors, Margaret Court, Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Billie Jean King, Jack Kramer, Rod Laver, Ivan Lendl, John McEnroe and Bill Tilden. A panel of international print and broadcast journalists selected the 2006 inductees from the roster of U.S. champions based on their performances at the tournament and their impact on the growth of the event.

The permanent US Open Court of Champions attraction, a 9,000-square foot outdoor pavilion bounded by the South Entry Gate and the Arthur Ashe Commemorative Garden and Sculpture, features a complete listing of all U.S. singles champions, updated annually, and through plaques and prose chronicle the achievements of the tournament’s greatest champions.

* imagesCA1B2KPR.jpg (10.57 KB, 183x275 - viewed 181 times.)
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »