Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray in Dunblane on Sunday 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray in Dunblane on Sunday

(Read 12082 times)
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #300 on: September 19, 2012, 06:04 PM »

The Avenue of Aces is located on the magnificent grounds of the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center—home of the US Open. Surrounded by beautiful landscaping, it forms the pathway between the east gate entrance and the historic Arthur Ashe Stadium (click here to see the layout plan). Your personalized paver will forever link you to the US Open, the world’s ultimate tennis proving ground.

These pavers can be bought by groups for players.  We bought a bronze paver for a fan club I run for Pete Sampras, we had the name samprasfanz put on the paver.  Murraysworld should look into getting a paver for Andy.  Our club raised $2500 for our paver and when you walk through the US Open grounds you can walk through these gardens.  The money they collect goes to USTA Serves which is doing great things for kids tennis, like the racquets with the shorter handles, smaller courts, and the bigger balls.  It would be a great honor for Andy, and considering the way he feels about kids, I think it would make him happy.

* img_13_14989_200.jpg (19.01 KB, 200x299 - viewed 359 times.)
IP Logged
jeanie1953
Junior

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #301 on: September 19, 2012, 06:58 PM »

Thanks Apollo....I would certainly make a donation to something like this for Andy.....
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #302 on: September 19, 2012, 11:49 PM »

Was great seeing Andy signing auto's and getting pictures with everyone he could. Top lad.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #303 on: September 20, 2012, 02:54 AM »

Yes, what happened to ak400!
He got a permanent ban after comments made during the USO and posting a huge pic of the Swiss flag on one of the threads.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #304 on: September 20, 2012, 10:21 AM »

He got a permanent ban after comments made during the USO and posting a huge pic of the Swiss flag on one of the threads.
'twas before the Olympic final.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #305 on: September 20, 2012, 10:51 AM »

Good riddance to bad rubbish, thats what I say!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #306 on: September 20, 2012, 11:20 PM »

'twas before the Olympic final.
Thanks for the correction.  I really should never rely on my memory, especially as Andy didn't even play Fed at the USO.  doh

IP Logged
ally
Challenger Level

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #307 on: September 21, 2012, 08:28 PM »

I know this is a bit late to reply about this subject, but I have just found and registered with this website.  It's great.

I was in Dunblane on Sunday, the atmosphere was electric and the heavy shower of rain certainly didn't dampen the enthusiasm.  I arrived about 10.30am and finally got my autograph from Andy at just after 2.00pm.  It was well worth the wait.  He seemed to take everything in his stride and had a permanent grin on his face.  He may have said part of the day went by in a blur for him, but for those of us in the crowd waiting for our moment with him, we will remember the event for a very long time.  It was a real priviledge to get the chance to say 'Well Done Andy' personally.  He is a cool guy.

I thought I would share a couple of my photos with you.

* 50.jpg (85.3 KB, 448x336 - viewed 195 times.)

* 51.jpg (86.85 KB, 448x336 - viewed 199 times.)
IP Logged
jeanie1953
Junior

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #308 on: September 21, 2012, 09:11 PM »

I know this is a bit late to reply about this subject, but I have just found and registered with this website.  It's great.

I was in Dunblane on Sunday, the atmosphere was electric and the heavy shower of rain certainly didn't dampen the enthusiasm.  I arrived about 10.30am and finally got my autograph from Andy at just after 2.00pm.  It was well worth the wait.  He seemed to take everything in his stride and had a permanent grin on his face.  He may have said part of the day went by in a blur for him, but for those of us in the crowd waiting for our moment with him, we will remember the event for a very long time.  It was a real priviledge to get the chance to say 'Well Done Andy' personally.  He is a cool guy.

IP Logged
jeanie1953
Junior

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #309 on: September 21, 2012, 09:12 PM »

Ally great to hear that you had a wonderful time there.  Wish I could have been there too.
IP Logged
jeanie1953
Junior

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #310 on: September 21, 2012, 09:13 PM »

Ally...I am originally from Balloch, not too far from Kirkintilloch or Dunblane............
IP Logged
ally
Challenger Level

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #311 on: September 21, 2012, 09:21 PM »

Ally...I am originally from Balloch, not too far from Kirkintilloch or Dunblane............

Ah, yes, much more scenic than Kirkintilloch though!  Which I am sure can be said for your location now.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #312 on: September 21, 2012, 11:39 PM »

Hi Ally! welcome  Thanks for sharing your photos and experiences with us, especially that of meeting Andy.  Hope you enjoy your time on MW. Smile
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #313 on: September 22, 2012, 12:41 AM »

Ah, yes, much more scenic than Kirkintilloch though!  Which I am sure can be said for your location now.
welcome Amazingly good taste you have in tennis forums  hearts
IP Logged
jeanie1953
Junior

Re: Murray in Dunblane on Sunday « Reply #314 on: September 22, 2012, 03:38 AM »

When is Andy's next tournament and where.......thanks
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »