Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray loses a match=career over. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray loses a match=career over.

(Read 2161 times)
fuzzyballs
Challenger Level

Murray loses a match=career over. « on: January 06, 2006, 10:49 PM »

Gotta love the British press. Funnything is nobody was making such a big deal when Berdych lost in 3 sets to Murray.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray loses a match=career over. « Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 10:58 PM »

Quote from: "fuzzyballs"
Gotta love the British press. Funnything is nobody was making such a big deal when Berdych lost in 3 sets to Murray.

Don't know where you read that but Daily Mail today said 'don't panic' if he loses a match or two or three!
IP Logged
maisy_moppy
Junior

Murray loses a match=career over. « Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 11:06 PM »

Yeah, it is so dumb. Andy loses 1 match and the press suddenly start acting as if his career is over. I mean, ppl are disappointed, but just cos he loses 1 match doesn't mean he is going to lose all of them, far from it. Sometimes I swear the press act as if they want Andy 2 lose so they can write about his failures. I mean look at his successes, who cares if he loses 1 or 2 matches!?!?! goodjob
IP Logged
heavenlyangel
Challenger Level

Murray loses a match=career over. « Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 11:10 PM »

Thats the press for you.
One minute when things are going well they back them and when they lose they are quick to knock them, same happened about Andrew Flintoff one minute he was the hero and when he was pictured drunk he got slated for it.
IP Logged
brighton babe
Challenger Level

Neue Jaffageschmack kuchen schlager Andy?

Murray loses a match=career over. « Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 11:11 PM »

i read an article in the sun today about Andy losing, and they did make it out as if this was the end of Andy! i mean he has got the rest of the year left!
can't wait till he starts writing a column in the sun, the only reason we buy the sun is for the sport!
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Murray loses a match=career over. « Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 10:16 AM »

And here ladies and gents is that lovely Mail article for you Smile

‘I Will Get Over It’.

No cause for panic as Murray takes Berdych knockout in his stride.

Ivan Speck.

Be Prepared. There will be many more days like this for Andy Murray in 2006. He knows it, and the followers of British tennis should know it, too.
Let us not over react. The 18-year-old Scot’s 7-6, 4-6, 6-1 second-round defeat again Tomas Berdych at the Next Generation Adelaide International should not cause us to doubt Murray’s ability or worry that he may fall short of our expectations as he begins his first full season on the men’s tour.
This was simply a tight, early season contest against a world class player, which Murray lost when he might have won.
The evidence of his second competitive match on the men’s tour since late October is that he needs to recapture the timing of his ground strokes – the returns in particular – before this month’s Australian Open.
Today, he flies from Adelaide to Auckland for the Heineken Open, his final warm-up tournament before the Grand Slam year begins at Melbourne Park in 10 days.
A young man as intense of Murray will reflect on yesterday’s defeat, but he promised not to dwell on it. Berdych is relatively unknown outside tennis, but those inside the game recognize that the 20-year-old Czech possesses all the attributes required to life himself higher than his present position of 25 in the world.
As such, we have no right to expect a player of the stature of Berdych to be dismissed by the merest waft of Murray’s racket.
The Czech had lost to Murray in three sets in Basle in October. In South Australia, he exacted revenge over the same length of match.
This pair will have many more battles over the next decade and at far later stages of tournaments than the last 16. Murray said: “To go three sets against a player like Tomas in my second match of the year isn’t such a bad thing. He’s beaten Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal in his career already, and many of the other guys in the top 10. to win a Masters Series, like he did in Paris at the age of 20, is a pretty good effort.
If he plays more consistently throughout the year, he can definitely be in the top 10. It would be nice to play against him in the bigger tournaments because as well as being a very good player, he’s a nice guy.
I’m sure we’ll play some bigger and better matches in the next few years. The thing I’m most annoyed about today is losing my serve in the first game of the third set after fighting to win the second. I just returned badly and I didn’t defend well, either.
Those two things are normally the best two things I do, so I was getting a bit frustrated, but my goal on this trip has always been the Australian Open.”
Murray looked the better player in the opening set, only to throw in an error-strewn tie-break.
The next set was a mirror image with the Scot having to fight off a total of 6 break points across 3 service games before punching a backhand pass down the line to secure the set on his first opportunity. A pity, then, that he immediately surrendered the initiative at the beginning of the third set and was left repeatedly bouncing his racket around the Rebound Ace court as an ever darkening mood took hold of his mind. [oo the drama!]
At least that inner fury was quickly overtaken by a mature acceptance of the reasons for his defeat and of the difficulties that face him this year as the expectations of a demanding public [ha!] press down on his young shoulders.
Murray added: ‘A lot of people are expecting a lot of me this year, and I expect a lot of myself. But it’s not that easy just to keep jumping up straightaway.
You have to get used to playing in the bigger tournaments week in, week out against the good players.
They won’t want to lose against an 18 year-old who they might play in the later stages of a big tournament in a couple of years’ time.
If you look at the guys like Rafael Nadal, who came through to the top 50 at 17 and finished the next year with a lower ranking, it’s going to be a difficult year for me.
I hope I do have a great year but if I don’t, it won’t be the end of the world. I’ll only be 19 at the end of the year.
I’m looking forward to playing this sort of tournament and as many matches as I can to get as much experience as possible.”
That experience may involve losing as many matches as he wins.
If so, don’t panic. Murray won’t.

Rather sane for the british press dont you think?
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Murray loses a match=career over. « Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 10:17 AM »

Thanks  goodjob
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Murray loses a match=career over. « Reply #7 on: January 07, 2006, 10:36 AM »

That is a very good article.....  goodjob
Did you type that up Laura..... if so,  :thx:
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Murray loses a match=career over. « Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006, 10:38 AM »

Quote from: "Banannie"
That is a very good article.....  goodjob
Did you type that up Laura..... if so,  :thx:

Er, yes in my sadness I did.....

Brokeback mountain was sold out last night, so we went back to one of my friends houses instead (and watched Bill Bailey and Eddie Izzard - Cake or Death? thank you for flying Church of England) and when I got home afterwards I wasn't tired.....
IP Logged
maisy_moppy
Junior

Murray loses a match=career over. « Reply #9 on: January 07, 2006, 10:42 AM »

Wow u typed up the whole artice thanks! Tha must hav taken some time and patience!!!  =D>  goodjob
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Murray loses a match=career over. « Reply #10 on: January 07, 2006, 10:43 AM »

only about 10 minutes or so - my speed typing has increased dramatically since i've been typing up lecture notes!
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Murray loses a match=career over. « Reply #11 on: January 07, 2006, 10:45 AM »

Lol, well thanks, very much appreciated  goodjob
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Murray loses a match=career over. « Reply #12 on: January 07, 2006, 10:50 AM »

You did great :p
IP Logged
~Lola~
Challenger Level

Flood me with your words - trust me, I can swim

Murray loses a match=career over. « Reply #13 on: January 07, 2006, 02:18 PM »

Thanks for that article Laura. goodjob
IP Logged
brighton babe
Challenger Level

Neue Jaffageschmack kuchen schlager Andy?

Murray loses a match=career over. « Reply #14 on: January 07, 2006, 03:18 PM »

great article Laura, thank you goodjob
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »