Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  murray to win wimbledon apparently.... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

murray to win wimbledon apparently....

(Read 797 times)
eira_arian
John McEnroe

murray to win wimbledon apparently.... « on: October 27, 2005, 10:40 AM »

....honestly, the hype is ridiculous already....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4690543.stm

"For the first time outside of the Wimbledon final, over £1m was gambled on the outcome of a tennis match.

"Considering the very short build up to the game and the fact that it took place in a comparatively minor tournament, the betting interest was extraordinary," said Graham Sharpe of bookmakers William Hill.

"The largest single bets placed on Murray were £13,500, £11,000 and £4,000."

£13,500 on a TENNIS MATCH??!!

they go on to say how bets on murray to win wimbledon and a grand slam by the end of 2006 have rocketed.
honestly people, give the boy a chance!!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

murray to win wimbledon apparently.... « Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 11:10 AM »

This is what I feared...  now comes the huge burden of expectation.

However, I am firmly of the opinion that Andy will cope with the pressure.  Remember he is not English, and 'fraid Wimbly will not have the same meaning for him as it had for Teem.  

Here's hoping he can rise above it all and continue to progress at his own pace. Very Happy
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

murray to win wimbledon apparently.... « Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 12:32 PM »

Also grass is his least favourite surface.

Rolling Eyes  I see The Sun, that beacon of truth, cant even get his age right.

According to them he's 19.  :?
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

murray to win wimbledon apparently.... « Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 02:16 PM »

Quote from: "Tally"
Also grass is his least favourite surface.

Rolling Eyes  I see The Sun that beacon of truth, cant even get his age right.

Acording to then he's 19.  :?

ahh the sun.....sheer comedy value Wink
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

murray to win wimbledon apparently.... « Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 02:23 PM »

The Sun/Andrex - interchangeable terms really  Very Happy
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

murray to win wimbledon apparently.... « Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 06:22 PM »

Quote from: "ellyb"
This is what I feared...  now comes the huge burden of expectation.

However, I am firmly of the opinion that Andy will cope with the pressure.  Remember he is not English, and 'fraid Wimbly will not have the same meaning for him as it had for Teem.  

this expectation thing... is EXACTLY what happened with Teem!  Neutral ...there are just some people that know nothing about the game that think it's all so easy...
gah, i wish the Brits.. and all the press would stop putting sooo much pressure on the boys.. and girls, but we have none - so that's sorted!  Frown

i agree with elly.... Andy will cope well, unlike Tim... he was purley english, which ment that Wimbly was first on the list as a young-boy's dream.. i think for Andy it's more imprtant to find the Loch-Ness than win Wimbly!  wink JK!!
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

murray to win wimbledon apparently.... « Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 06:24 PM »

Quote from: "ellyb"
The Sun/Andrex - interchangeable terms really  Very Happy

Hmm... I don't think The Sun is nearly as good. I certainly wouldn't use it! lol
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

murray to win wimbledon apparently.... « Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 06:28 PM »

The British press will always refer to Tim as the tennis player who has never won Wimbledon and yes, it's the one he's 'craved' the most.  Friends and family only think Wimbledon 'cause that's the only one they really know.  I firmly believe that Andy will go on to win many tournaments, grand slams included!  trophy  No pressure though!!!!!!
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

murray to win wimbledon apparently.... « Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 09:23 AM »

I think Andy would still love to win Wimbledon and it would be top of his list but he knows its unlikely because grass isn't his best surface.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »