Andy Murray vs Philipp Kohlschreiber, Monday, Time - 10:00am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray v Rusedski ** [Official Topic] **
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 21 Reply

Murray v Rusedski ** [Official Topic] **

So...we approach what could be Andy's last tournament of his remarkable year. And its a nice, amicable little competition between Scotland and England.

Can Andy cap an extraordinary season and beat another player ranked higher than him?

Is Greg more of a challenge than Tim?

Any predictions?

My prediction- 7-5 7-5 (Murray Win)

The Scottish crowd will be right behind him!!!

// Sticky'd topic and now it is the official topic. - Mark.
IP Logged

They are playing reverse singles - one match on Saturday and one on Sunday - so two predictions in order!  I think it'll be one each - although I hope Andy wins both .....
IP Logged

They are playing two matches... what if they both win a match. There wont be a winner!!!

On the plus side however, that means we get to see Andy even more!!!

How many people going to see it?
IP Logged

The tournament schedule is as follows:

Schedule

Saturday 26th November

5pm**  J Murray vs Sherwood
6pm   Baltacha vs O’Brien
7pm   Girls Junior Challenge
8pm   A Murray vs Rusedski

Sunday 27th November

5pm  A Murray and J Murray vs Sherwood and Rusedski
6pm  J Murray and Baltacha vs Sherwood and O’Brien
7pm  Boys Junior Challenge
8pm  Rusedski vs A Murray

So you see, lots of matches to be won and lost!
IP Logged

Sorry, meant to say I will be there - I live in Aberdeen - WOOO HOOO
IP Logged

Well I support Andy, but I don't want Greg to lose completely... I'm hoping they get one each. Smile
IP Logged

Congrats ellyb, I guess living in Aberdeen has its benefits and perks sometimes....

Thats quite tough, but I guess its only 3 setters, so he wont be too tired.

Any idea of the capacity of the venue?
IP Logged

Well I support Andy, but I don't want Greg to lose completely... I'm hoping they get one each.

Sorry, but being Scottish I obviously want Andy to whup Greg's sorry Canadian/ahem... British ass!!   :twisted:
IP Logged

Any idea of the capacity of the venue?

There were 6000 tickets on sale.
IP Logged

Not too bad, Centre Court is about 14000 isnt it?

I might be wrong....

I definetly want Andy to win, I think Greg is a bit of a fiery character and there was no need to rant at the ref against Roddick
IP Logged

Yes, I've never taken to Greg myself.... and I really can't put my finger on why this is.  There's something false about him that makes me feel uncomfortable....
IP Logged

I was reading on the official site for the tournament

www.aberdeencup.com

I didnt know that 11 million people watched the 3rd round Wimbers match vs Nalbandian

Thats a lot of people!!!
IP Logged

Shows you how bloody stupid the BBC are... how many do you think would watch Murray v Rusedski if they were showing it? confused
IP Logged

Wow, I didn't know that either... but it doesn't really surprise me.  I think Andy just attracts attention.. even people I know who are not into tennis at all say that they've found themselves watching when he's been playing.
IP Logged

Yep....the BBC could get high figures but Sky have beaten them to it. I prefer Andrew Castle to Barry Cowan though, and I dont even like Andrew Castle...

I like John Lloyd and John Mcenroe at Wimbledon. Even Barry Davies was great
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 21 Reply