Andy Murray vs Teymuraz Gabashvili, Time - 12:30am BST tonight - Discuss the match

MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray v Rusedski ** [Official Topic] **
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 Reply

Murray v Rusedski ** [Official Topic] **

yeah me too but theres no scottish interest in the world cup wheras there is in wimbledon obv. and much as i njoy any football or tennis game ill watch scotland or andy murray first
IP Logged

Yea me too SP! Very Happy
[ Last edit by top_spin July 14, 2007, 03:24 AM ] IP Logged

i thought it would be hard to beat last summer sports wise but if andy does well then that would top everything
IP Logged

Yep...I would rather watch Andy Murray than my beloved Glasgow Rangers, and I have been to Ibrox hundreds of times.

I hope Andy has a good Wimbledon, I know grass isnt his best surface but anything past the 3rd round would be great!!!
IP Logged

yeah.he should be aiming for the second round.only time ive ever been to ibrox (stadium) was to see a 3rd round scottish cup game v ayr united(i was supporting ayr btw) about 7 or 8 years ago
IP Logged

Yeh.....its a brilliant atmosphere at Ibrox...52000 people singing loudly is purely deafening.

Its a shame that tennis venues only hold a fraction of the amount that football does. I dont see why it could improve slightly.
IP Logged

what about the spain v usa davis cup final last year or bthe year before.think it was held in spain and the venue was huge, more in the realms of a large football stadium if i remember coorectly.
IP Logged

Really???

I thought Flushing Meadows held the record (25000)
IP Logged

got this from a quick google

Seville, Spain: Davis Cup final 2004: Spain - United States USA
The best of five Davis Cup matches will be played Dec. 3-5 in Seville, Spain
Spain will play the United States in the Davis Cup final in Seville
on December 3 - 5,
Spanish tennis federation president Agusti Pujol said.
The match will be staged at the Olympic stadium of La Cartuja, Seville,
which has a capacity of 22,000.

would have thought that 22,000 would be a pretty good atmosphere.dont think thats a full time tennis stadium though
IP Logged

I thought the Louis Armstrong court had 25,000

I'll check on Google

22,000 would be pretty amazing though
IP Logged

from what i can see the louis armstrng court only holds 10.000 casue they halved the capacity a few years ago but the arthur ashe court holds 23,000
IP Logged

Oops...thats the one I meant
IP Logged

i think the fact that in a tennis court you're packed around a much smaller playing surface than a football match means that the atmosphere in a 23,000 tennis stadium would be comparable to somewhere like ibrox or much bigger football stadia
IP Logged

Yeah...I suppose it would be hard to keep so many people silent for the serves, and also to get them seated
IP Logged

yeah hadnt thought about that.it would be some atmosphere though.do you think you could hold a tennis match in a football stadium?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 Reply