Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray v Rusedski ** [Official Topic] ** 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray v Rusedski ** [Official Topic] **

(Read 10496 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Murray v Rusedski ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #285 on: November 27, 2005, 01:26 AM »

The grass would need to be trimmed a lot, and I guess the umpire would need one big microphone...LOL
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Murray v Rusedski ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #286 on: November 27, 2005, 01:30 AM »

lol.i was meaning if you put a different surface down but yeah i suppose it wouldnt be very practical
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Murray v Rusedski ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #287 on: November 27, 2005, 01:35 AM »

Welll... it's such a shame he lost  :P
But it was still a good match. And Andy showed some fantastic shots, even if he did loose. He always seems to find a way to get the ball in the right place, he knows where he needs to put it. Even if he does muck it up sometimes, it is still very promising!!
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Murray v Rusedski ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #288 on: November 27, 2005, 01:38 AM »

Peter Fleming said he thought Andy had a great tennis brain, and had a great tactical awareness
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Murray v Rusedski ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #289 on: November 27, 2005, 08:45 AM »

for fantastic stadiums, you can't beat the millennium stadium during welsh rugby internationals or the 6 nations - 73 000 - its INCREDIBLE Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
IP Logged
kate85

Murray v Rusedski ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #290 on: November 27, 2005, 10:58 AM »

Hi, I went to the Davis Cup Final last year and the crowd were amazing. It was the second time I've experienced a spanish home crowd (I went to the final against Australia too) and they are phenomenal. It was packed. I mean I could hear the US fans singing cos I was sat with them, but apparently the players couldnt hear anything, just see us, and we were right behind them! All packed in a football stadium was a great idea. I know Arthur Ashe can hold more, but it is rarely full, when it is I'm sure the atmosphere can be good, but when I've been sat up the back and it's half empty the atmosphere is no where near the same.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Murray v Rusedski ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #291 on: November 27, 2005, 11:14 AM »

Yep....the Millenium Stadium is great. Probably the best stadia in the UK, but the Bernabeu in Madrid is fantastic for atmosphere
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Murray v Rusedski ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #292 on: November 27, 2005, 11:27 AM »

i would love to go to the huge one in brazil.or to have been to hampden befreo it got redone.imagine 120,000+ people all in a space where 50,000 would go today.that would be some tartan army!
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Murray v Rusedski ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #293 on: November 27, 2005, 11:28 AM »

Hapden has held 100,000 when it wasn't seated. But it would have been very tight-for-space

Some people think all-seaters dont have the same atmosphere. But I imagine its a safety thing after the Heysel disaster
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Murray v Rusedski ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #294 on: November 27, 2005, 11:36 AM »

yeah it is and it actually held more like 150,000 - 1937 : attendance 149,415 Home International : Scotland v England and even up towards the 70's 1970 : attendance 136,505 European Cup Semi-Final : Celtic v Leeds United
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Murray v Rusedski ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #295 on: November 27, 2005, 12:41 PM »

Quote from: "eira_arian"
for fantastic stadiums, you can't beat the millennium stadium during welsh rugby internationals or the 6 nations - 73 000 - its INCREDIBLE Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Ahhh yes! Of course.. the stadium in Cardiff is stunning. notworthy
Wembley used to be good to.. there was a feel of historical legendary games when you were in it rather than the atmosphere...  =D>
Well. hopefully with the London 2012 plans - sporting facilites will get better.  goodjob
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Murray v Rusedski ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #296 on: November 27, 2005, 12:44 PM »

international days in cardiff are just the most fantastic experiences - when all you can see is a solid sea of red down the main streets leading to the stadium, it is fantastic.... music, singing, horns, face painting.....amazing.....
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Murray v Rusedski ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #297 on: November 27, 2005, 12:54 PM »

international days in cardiff are just the most fantastic experiences - when all you can see is a solid sea of red down the main streets leading to the stadium, it is fantastic.... music, singing, horns, face painting.....amazing.....

I've been to Cardiff once.. and that once was some REALLY important match they were having. (I don't follow rugby so i have no clue.)  dontknow But we were stuck trying to get out of the city for about 4 hours.
It's amazing, with all the fans.. flags... but very scary if your a first time tourist.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Murray v Rusedski ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #298 on: November 27, 2005, 12:57 PM »

Quote from: "top_spin"

I've been to Cardiff once.. and that once was some REALLY important match they were having. (I don't follow rugby so i have no clue.)  dontknow But we were stuck trying to get out of the city for about 4 hours.
It's amazing, with all the fans.. flags... but very scary if your a first time tourist.

lol its scary if you live there!!
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Murray v Rusedski ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #299 on: November 27, 2005, 03:00 PM »

Not long till Day 2 now....Just two more hours and I'll be watching the matches!!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »