Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray Videos 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 ... 251 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray Videos

(Read 200564 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2865 on: August 06, 2013, 10:54 AM »

Grass           Andy 60:40   Djoker
Hard Out              55:45
Hard In                45:55
Clay                     40:60
Thanks Mackem.......That's interesting to see!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2866 on: August 06, 2013, 11:16 AM »

That's very interesting mackem - thanks.  It does underline how close they are and why they are being heralded as the new big rivalry.  Take your point Caz about the psychological advantage but I suspect either player would have to have quite a run of wins against the other for that really to be the case.  So eg winning USO didn't mean Andy then beat Nole at AO and AO didn't then affect W outcome.  I see it swinging between the two of them provided neither gets injured (or Rafa doesn't recover sufficiently to make it a threesome or delpo muscle in)
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2867 on: August 06, 2013, 11:41 AM »

Yes......That's why I said 'especially if Andy beats him next time out' and don't let's forget that Andy has already 3 'huge' wins over him in the last 12 months!  Wink Still, if you don't agree, then that's ok! We can't agree on everything after all!  hug
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2868 on: August 06, 2013, 12:05 PM »

That's very interesting mackem - thanks.  It does underline how close they are and why they are being heralded as the new big rivalry.  Take your point Caz about the psychological advantage but I suspect either player would have to have quite a run of wins against the other for that really to be the case.  So eg winning USO didn't mean Andy then beat Nole at AO and AO didn't then affect W outcome.  I see it swinging between the two of them provided neither gets injured (or Rafa doesn't recover sufficiently to make it a threesome or delpo muscle in)
Just to be clear - these are just my opinion on their relative strengths - not based on any facts or stats.  In fact, on grass, hasn't Andy won every set they've played?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2869 on: August 06, 2013, 12:15 PM »

Just to be clear - these are just my opinion on their relative strengths - not based on any facts or stats.  In fact, on grass, hasn't Andy won every set they've played?
I don't know Mackem, but I wouldn't be surprised. I'm sure someone on here will tell us!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2870 on: August 06, 2013, 12:56 PM »

I don't know Mackem, but I wouldn't be surprised. I'm sure someone on here will tell us!

Yes, Andy has played Novak twice on grass, the Olympics and Wimbledon. Andy won both in straight sets.

People could be pedantic I suppose, saying that the Olympic semi was 'only' a best of three, but my argument would be that yes, but Andy won two of them, so he won the match. What you really can't argue with is that Andy won the Wimbles final, also in straight sets, albeit three tough sets.

Again, people could point to the fact that they've only ever played twice on grass. I would counter that by saying that isn't Andy's fault, and neither is it Andy's fault (although I suppose it is really Smile) that he's a better grass courter than Novak. To me the way Andy's team hoped it would be Novak in the final rather than Delpo, just about says it all.

I think it might have been me who brought up the idea of psychological advantage. I can see Ruthie's point that there could be some see-sawing between them, I suppose you do have to consider things like surfaces, conditions and such, and also that there games are very alike. However, I do get a feeling that Andy is just starting to get under Novak's skin just a bit. I'm convinced, for example, that Novak didn't look confident from the start at the Wimbledon final, and when Andy came back in the second and third sets, Novak was getting wound up in the way you don't see very often with him. I'm also convinced that a lot of Novak's UE's were because Andy was in his head. I get the feeling that things could get very interesting between them in future. However it goes, one thing is certain. They are the rivalry at the top of the sport now, and it will never be dull Smile.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2871 on: August 06, 2013, 01:00 PM »

Just to be clear - these are just my opinion on their relative strengths - not based on any facts or stats.  In fact, on grass, hasn't Andy won every set they've played?
ah thanks for the clarification mackem.  I thought this was based on hour of research!  I did wonder that the grass ratio wasn't more in Andy's favour though I guess it depends on the time frame.

caz: less a disagreement, more of a slight difference in perspective  hug

and tj - yes I take the point about Andy getting inside Nole's head.  He realises that he no longer holds the one real advantage he had over Andy ie self belief and mental toughness since winning the DC.  Now that Andy has discovered his own self belief post Olympics (his personal equivalent to Nole's DC victory) and shown his mental toughness in final set of USO final and final game of W final, he realises just what a struggle it is going to be.   So perhaps you are both right and there has been something of a shift.  But things can shift back very quickly so I'm not going to count any chickens or anything  Whistle
[ Last edit by Ruthie August 06, 2013, 01:04 PM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2872 on: August 06, 2013, 02:03 PM »

Yes, Andy has played Novak twice on grass, the Olympics and Wimbledon. Andy won both in straight sets.

People could be pedantic I suppose, saying that the Olympic semi was 'only' a best of three, but my argument would be that yes, but Andy won two of them, so he won the match. What you really can't argue with is that Andy won the Wimbles final, also in straight sets, albeit three tough sets.

Again, people could point to the fact that they've only ever played twice on grass. I would counter that by saying that isn't Andy's fault, and neither is it Andy's fault (although I suppose it is really Smile) that he's a better grass courter than Novak. To me the way Andy's team hoped it would be Novak in the final rather than Delpo, just about says it all.

I think it might have been me who brought up the idea of psychological advantage. I can see Ruthie's point that there could be some see-sawing between them, I suppose you do have to consider things like surfaces, conditions and such, and also that there games are very alike. However, I do get a feeling that Andy is just starting to get under Novak's skin just a bit. I'm convinced, for example, that Novak didn't look confident from the start at the Wimbledon final, and when Andy came back in the second and third sets, Novak was getting wound up in the way you don't see very often with him. I'm also convinced that a lot of Novak's UE's were because Andy was in his head. I get the feeling that things could get very interesting between them in future. However it goes, one thing is certain. They are the rivalry at the top of the sport now, and it will never be dull Smile.
Oh I do agree TJ.....I'm just hoping we'll see a slight swing in the balance...... for a while at least. Things are going to be very exciting in the coming months!  w00t
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2873 on: August 06, 2013, 02:49 PM »

Andy could have won the Aus Open this year if it were not for those blisters [He was up a set before they started to play up]. The Coms said it made no difference but I don't agree. I'm no tennis player but I do a lot of hill walking up here in Scotland, and I've had blisters when up the top of a munro and you have to walk all the way back down to the car. Take it from me it effects your performance alright!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2874 on: August 06, 2013, 02:54 PM »

Andy could have won the Aus Open this year if it were not for those blisters [He was up a set before they started to play up]. The Coms said it made no difference but I don't agree. I'm no tennis player but I do a lot of hill walking up here in Scotland, and I've had blisters when up the top of a munro and you have to walk all the way back down to the car. Take it from me it effects your performance alright!
Yes......I thought that at the time too, in fact I remember thinking it was a wonder he could stand up, let alone run!  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2875 on: August 06, 2013, 03:07 PM »

Novak hasn't been the same since the AO 2012 final, i was reading somewhere that some medical people think that match could have actually ruined his body somewhat and that it could shorten his career by 6 months to a year, and it's also the reason why Rafa took so much time off which has obviously helped him, but we saw at Wimbledon that even he has maybe done some damage also.

I don't know how much i believe in that but Novak clearly isn't the same player he was in 2011, he has suffered a lot of unexpected losses himself this year so what physical and psychological damage has been done is as yet unknown, but the Wimbledon final sort of proves it in a way as we saw him clearly try to shorten the points, he was not prepared to spend another 4-5 hours on court trying to win after his epic semi against Delpo, he used to be strong towards the end of tournaments but he clearly wilted in that cauldron final.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2876 on: August 06, 2013, 03:35 PM »

I find it difficult to believe that one match could have had such an impact on his body long term gnome.  2011 was an exceptional year and it was highly unlikely he'd repeat it.  Perhaps that was when he was in his peak physically and he can no longer cope with two long matches one after the other.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2877 on: August 06, 2013, 03:39 PM »

Long Semi-Final didn't help either.  Andy should have seen Fed off in 3.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2878 on: August 06, 2013, 04:19 PM »

This match was taken off the video index, i was looking to watch this to get in the mood for the next few weeks but i managed to find a decent version

IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2879 on: August 06, 2013, 04:21 PM »

Thanks Gnome!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 ... 251 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »