Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray Videos 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 ... 244 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray Videos

(Read 185450 times)
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #1815 on: September 25, 2012, 06:25 PM »

I wondered if it was Maclagan, but thought the two weren't exactly on the best of terms these days.  I may have missed some of this second time round because I did skip forward a little at that point.  I'm even more intrigued though to know who they were playing that they managed to lose to them!  Andy did mention a name but I couldn't make it out.

I think that Andy and Miles are still friends Aileen - they seem to meet up at tournaments from time to time when they're both there. I thought it was nice how Andy gave credit to Miles and the rest of his team as well as Lendl for the USO win.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #1816 on: September 26, 2012, 02:44 AM »

http://www.wentworthclub.com/tennishealth/3417/

Not sure if the link will work but it answers  your questions Aileen, its was Miles Maclagen and they played against Kevin Ullyett and James Marsalak, Kevin is now a coach at Wentworth
Unfortunately I can't get the link to work on either Google Chrome or IE, but what an interesting combination their opponents were.

Ullyett, now aged 40, comes from Zimbabwe and has 34 doubles titles to his credit, including 2 GS wins (2001 USO and 2005 AO), reached the Wimbledon final in 2008 and the QF of the French Open in 2004, 2008 and 2009.  He also won the mixed doubles with Daniela Hantuchova at the 2002 AO.  Marsalek, on the other hand, is a 20 year old Brit who's current ranking is 589 (doubles) and a career high of 584 (singles) with one doubles Futures title to his name.

Also Maclagan coached Ullyett and his partner Wayne Black when they won the 2005 AO and continued coaching Ullyett and partner Paul Hanley when Black retired, until 2007 when he became Andy's coach.

I don't know what the final score was but at least the presence of Ullyett goes a long way towards understanding why Andy and Miles lost!

I think that Andy and Miles are still friends Aileen - they seem to meet up at tournaments from time to time when they're both there. I thought it was nice how Andy gave credit to Miles and the rest of his team as well as Lendl for the USO win.
Thanks.  I just got the impression from something Andy said in an interview (I think it was before his Wimbledon Baghdatis match) that relations between him and Miles were a little cool, but possibly he didn't want to be too forthcoming on that subject with the media.
IP Logged
jillypops

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #1817 on: September 26, 2012, 08:21 AM »

Sorry the link didn't work but I put in Wentworth Club/ Andy Murray and found the photo and piece about Andy
IP Logged
jillypops

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #1818 on: September 26, 2012, 08:36 AM »

Sorry put AM/Wentworth in Google
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #1819 on: September 26, 2012, 08:01 PM »

I think it's gone by now jilly because I just tried googling AM/Wentworth/tennis.  I did find a link but was told the page couldn't be found.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #1820 on: September 27, 2012, 04:56 PM »

IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #1821 on: September 27, 2012, 06:13 PM »

I expect this has been posted before, but I hadn't seen it!

IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #1822 on: September 27, 2012, 07:11 PM »

I expect this has been posted before, but I hadn't seen it!

I hadn't either Elena. Thanks for posting.

But peroxide blond hair, or natural?
 He didnt turn out to be a blond tennis-bimbo did he ? lmao
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #1823 on: September 27, 2012, 07:17 PM »

Thanks Elena.  I think his hair is sandy there rather than blond lashurst. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #1824 on: September 28, 2012, 12:50 AM »

Thanks Elena.  I think his hair is sandy there rather than blond lashurst. 
Agreed.  It just got darker as he got older.  Same thing happened with me.  Until I was 10 my hair was so fair it was almost white but by the time I got to my 20s it was dark blonde.

I enjoyed the video.  Even at the age of 12 Andy knew what he wanted!  Thanks Elena.

IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #1825 on: September 28, 2012, 10:07 AM »

^^ well it's thanks to my daughter who not only sent me the video link, but also gave me Andy's autobiography for my birthday recently.

Last night I got to the chapter about all his coaches, and Leon Smith, who he started with at age 11 "was a bit of a poser back then: tall, good looking, with bleached blond hair. On one of our trips he aquired an earring too........

I would imagine he had quite an effect on me because I used to bleach my hair a little bit too, with a spray lightener. I'm sure it was horrendous for my hair: it made it go rock hard, and sometimes ginger if it went wrong. Fortunately it wasn't Leon's only legacy. He gave me the enthusiasm to carry on with my tennis..."

So - any pics of the bleached blond earringed Leon Smith?
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #1826 on: September 28, 2012, 01:34 PM »

IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #1827 on: September 28, 2012, 02:50 PM »

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #1828 on: September 28, 2012, 03:08 PM »

Nice video of Andy's history at USO from 2004-2011.

IP Logged
bes03_philippines
Satellite Level

game, set, match!

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #1829 on: September 29, 2012, 01:38 PM »

Hi everyone. I wanted to download a file of Andy and Nole's USO match and then I came across this torrent (http://kat.ph/usearch/murray%20vs%20djokovic%20us%20open%202012/). However, no one's seeding/leeching it so I could not really download the video. Anyone who has a copy or at least point me to another link?

Thanks! Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 ... 244 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »