Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray Videos 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 ... 245 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray Videos

(Read 191320 times)
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2850 on: August 04, 2013, 03:11 PM »

Anyone see that video of Novak "I'm glad that Andy won" it is heartfelt. Brilliant!

I haven't seen it Dex, but I did notice, when watching the presentation ceremony (again), that Novak was nodding in a way that suggested he was happy for Andy - like he understood the significance. Classy
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2851 on: August 05, 2013, 08:50 AM »

I find I'm liking Novak more these days!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2852 on: August 05, 2013, 12:25 PM »

it's easier to like him when he's losing Caz     Whistle  Actually I don't dislike him as a person (in fact I think he's very interesting) but I do dislike the way he reacts to winning.  And so long as he's Andy's main rival I can't afford to really like him - just like Andy can't afford to be too close to him.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2853 on: August 05, 2013, 01:13 PM »

it's easier to like him when he's losing Caz     Whistle  Actually I don't dislike him as a person (in fact I think he's very interesting) but I do dislike the way he reacts to winning.  And so long as he's Andy's main rival I can't afford to really like him - just like Andy can't afford to be too close to him.
Well, I don't like those sickening displays either Ruthie, so here's hoping we won't have to see them so often from now on!  Whistle I'm also not keen on his 'gamesmanship' either, but at least when I see that, I know he's feeling desperate!  w00t You're right.......he's infinately more likeable when he's losing to Andy!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2854 on: August 05, 2013, 04:06 PM »

as Andy is a better winner than loser and Nole a better loser than winner, the world will be a happier place the more often Andy beats Nole - that's my theory Caz  Whistle
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2855 on: August 05, 2013, 04:39 PM »

How much longer will he be a good loser if Andy keeps beating him?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2856 on: August 05, 2013, 05:49 PM »

now that's a very good question dex - let's hope Andy puts it to the test and gives us our answer
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2857 on: August 05, 2013, 06:05 PM »

That's a very good question.

I don't want to go against the grain, but to be honest I don't quite buy the 'I'm glad Andy won' thing either. I think Djokovic had a pretty good idea of what Andy was up against in terms of pressure to win Wimbledon, and I do think he understood the magnitude of the win for the country, but I don't think he was glad Andy won, not really.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2858 on: August 05, 2013, 08:11 PM »

No of course he wasn't glad TJ! It's a wonder he didn't choke saying that, but what else could he say without making himself look bad?   Whistle
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2859 on: August 05, 2013, 10:04 PM »

Novak may have got a shock that Andy was able to overpower him in three sets, even if they were long sets! Andy just kept coming back in the 2nd and 3rd sets.  The score line does not look good on Novak's CV, 3 set loss in grand slam final!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2860 on: August 05, 2013, 10:18 PM »

No of course he wasn't glad TJ! It's a wonder he didn't choke saying that, but what else could he say without making himself look bad?   Whistle

Well that's it. I think he was gracious in defeat mind, but I'm certain he'd gone in to Wimbledon thinking he was going to win, so Andy doing that to him, albeit in three tough sets (I'm just watching it again!) seemed to really pull him up.

Thinking about it, I'm certain the grass was a slight advantage for Andy -  I just think he is better than Novak on grass - but that match felt like it has the potential to change the dynamics between them, certainly on anything but clay. I just wonder if Andy might just have a tiny psychological advantage in future on grass, and also on hard, where there isn't much between them.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2861 on: August 06, 2013, 07:18 AM »

Yes....I think that's a definate TJ and hopefully, it will have put Novak at a psychological 'disadvantage', especially if Andy beats him next time out, so fingers crossed eh!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2862 on: August 06, 2013, 09:55 AM »

I think there is no doubt that Andy is best grass court player in world at present.  On hard courts I think he and Nole are equal and the trophies could well seesaw between them.  Clay of course is where Nole has the advantage over him as he slides so well and it does Andy's back in (and doesn't suit his knee problem either).  Shame there isn't a grass court masters.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2863 on: August 06, 2013, 10:01 AM »

Grass           Andy 60:40   Djoker
Hard Out              55:45
Hard In                45:55
Clay                     40:60
[ Last edit by Mackem August 06, 2013, 10:22 AM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #2864 on: August 06, 2013, 10:53 AM »

I think there is no doubt that Andy is best grass court player in world at present.  On hard courts I think he and Nole are equal and the trophies could well seesaw between them.  Clay of course is where Nole has the advantage over him as he slides so well and it does Andy's back in (and doesn't suit his knee problem either).  Shame there isn't a grass court masters.
Yes Ruthie, but we were just wondering about the 'psychological' advantages/disadvantages which could change things in Andy's favour! Of course we know he's never going to win them all, but the balance may change a little! Personally, I'd be delighted if Andy never had to play on the red stuff again, but I know that's never gonna happen! I get so nervous during the clay season, not that he'll lose, but that he might do himself an injury! Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 ... 245 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »