Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray Videos 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 ... 244 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray Videos

(Read 183354 times)
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #3075 on: October 28, 2013, 11:19 PM »

Will do x
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #3076 on: October 30, 2013, 06:55 PM »

I started to watch this  thread from the beginning (cause of a lack of new posts in this no play-period Frown ,  lot of news vids for me. One of them, still amazing, you can skip the 5th if you want,:

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #3077 on: October 31, 2013, 06:29 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/24762416

good interview with Andy.  He sounds fresh and relaxed.  Although it's frustrating he won't be at 02 and that he's losing ranking points, it reinforces the argument that, if he had to take time out, this was a good time when he was finding it difficult to re-motivate himself after climbing the Wimbledon pinnacle. 
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #3078 on: October 31, 2013, 06:57 PM »

It's a nice interview, thanks.

I've maybe missed this, but has there been any concrete evidence that Andy was seriously struggling to motivate himself after Wimbledon, and his lethargic form wasn't more a sign of someone struggling through the pain, and getting tired of playing in pain. 

I get that he was likely to be feeling relief, but I never believed he was lacking hunger.  I just saw someone who knew he was struggling, probably knew he had surgery lined up, and that's why he wasn't prioritising becoming #1, or especially bothered about his results in the North American Masters series.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #3079 on: October 31, 2013, 07:06 PM »

It's a nice interview, thanks.

I've maybe missed this, but has there been any concrete evidence that Andy was seriously struggling to motivate himself after Wimbledon, and his lethargic form wasn't more a sign of someone struggling through the pain, and getting tired of playing in pain. 

I get that he was likely to be feeling relief, but I never believed he was lacking hunger.  I just saw someone who knew he was struggling, probably knew he had surgery lined up, and that's why he wasn't prioritising becoming #1, or especially bothered about his results in the North American Masters series.

While I do agree with some of your points Sparkle,I thought I read in an interview with him that he had found it harder to motivate himself in training and such after winning Wimbledon,so perhaps it was a bit of both Shrug
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #3080 on: October 31, 2013, 07:50 PM »

The only stuff I remember Andy saying was really mild, and it felt as if words were being put into his mouth a bit.  Also, considering Andy was trying to hide his back problems, it's expected that he let people think he was just having a bit of down time.

I'm not saying that there wasn't any dip in focus after Wimbledon, just that I've yet to see any proper evidence that it was as serious as so many of the rent-a-gobs claimed before he went public about his back.   I mean, if Andy was 100% healthy, I don't think anyone would be thinking he needs a break.  The only reason he needs a break now is because of the injury.

I think it's one of those things where a couple of pundits predicted Andy might have a bit of a dip after Wimbledon, and Andy admitted to enjoying a holiday etc, and the next thing we know, people are acting as if he was having some kind of nervous breakdown and the back problem is a cover story.  Some of the press talked about it with such certainty that it's almost become accepted fact, but I don't think the evidence supported it.

I mean, if Andy were 100% healthy, I don't think he'd have had any problems motivating himself for the rest of the season.  On the other hand, a person with an ongoing back problem is likely to take it a bit easy to protect the injury, just as he was doing earlier in the season before he'd won Wimbledon.

Of course, it is possible Andy was having serious problems with motivation and trying to hide an injury, but it would be a bit of a coincidence.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #3081 on: November 01, 2013, 09:33 AM »

I didn't take it as a serious problem but it did seem to me that if you'd just achieved your life's ambition it would not be surprising if you were not quite as motivated as usual to go the extra mile as Andy usually does.  I suspect the mental and physical were very much intertwined as they so often are.  So I do think it's a good time to have had a break, given he couldn't go on for ever playing through that pain.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #3082 on: November 02, 2013, 02:42 AM »

lol I not seen this before:

Don't piss off Andy! He plays his best tennis when he's pumped up. Curious that Delpo then retired after the 1st game in the 3rd set.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #3083 on: November 02, 2013, 07:24 AM »

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000212746

Nice video, at 2.59 Does he really have to think about the question how many times  he played the final of the Australian Open?

Andy posted a link to this video on his website and twitter/facebook as well.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #3084 on: November 02, 2013, 07:31 AM »

yes thanks for posting fp.   A good example of how he is more relaxed and also more animated in interviews these days.  Agree re AO!
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #3085 on: November 02, 2013, 07:59 AM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/24762416

good interview with Andy.  He sounds fresh and relaxed.  Although it's frustrating he won't be at 02 and that he's losing ranking points, it reinforces the argument that, if he had to take time out, this was a good time when he was finding it difficult to re-motivate himself after climbing the Wimbledon pinnacle. 

Nice to watch, thank you!  At 1.37; He is watching tennis and missing it a little bit....seems that this period has two goals,not only the rehab but also to miss tennis an awfull lot and getting backthe love of playing again. Think it's more complicated than getting motivated again. (For example, must be strange to realise that nothing in tennis live will top the moment from winning Wimbledon this year....) Feels like a a very good break time to reset and be ready for the second part of his carreer, with can take many years of we watch 32 years old like Ferrer en Federer. So we can wait and it would be fantastic if he can play at the AO!!!!
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #3086 on: November 02, 2013, 08:01 AM »

yes thanks for posting fp.   A good example of how he is more relaxed and also more animated in interviews these days.  Agree re AO!

yes, agree, he looks fine!
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #3087 on: November 02, 2013, 08:10 AM »

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/oct/31/andy-murray-australian-open-contender

Another video with more or less the same information. In this one he tells that the pressure will never be the same as it was till this year for Wimbledon....
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #3088 on: November 03, 2013, 11:45 AM »

Here's one I've not seen before as we were all watching the match whilst this news report was on but there's a good few clips of Kim etc that I hadn't seen before.

Finally watched this. Aaaaah!  Loved the huge ticker  banner Murray wins Wimbledon. Happy days!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray Videos « Reply #3089 on: November 05, 2013, 05:40 PM »

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 ... 244 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »