Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray vs Ancic ** [Official Topic] ** 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray vs Ancic ** [Official Topic] **

(Read 15398 times)
Josh
Seed

Murray vs Ancic ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #420 on: January 11, 2006, 09:34 AM »

Pictures on Getty images do a good job of summing up Andy's frustration during the match....
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Murray vs Ancic ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #421 on: January 11, 2006, 09:37 AM »

yes indeedy Smile

Getty Images

Thank you for editing it Wink x
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Murray vs Ancic ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #422 on: January 11, 2006, 09:42 AM »

Quote from: "eira_arian"
Fantastic Smile Thank you! Loving the NZ commentators!

Lol the NZ one is Keith Quinn, he is a rugby commentator and knows absolutely nothing about tennis. He has spent most of each day talking about rugby anyway, cant seem to stop mentioning it even in the middle of points sometimes.
The yank is called something like Bud Collins, he comes here every year, a bit strange, especially his dress sense but apparently a well known tennis commentator for years.
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Murray vs Ancic ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #423 on: January 11, 2006, 02:01 PM »

thats bizarre.were lucky with sue and john then
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Murray vs Ancic ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #424 on: January 11, 2006, 02:05 PM »

and castle......... :P
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Murray vs Ancic ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #425 on: January 11, 2006, 03:07 PM »

whos he again?what wrong with him anyway?
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Murray vs Ancic ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #426 on: January 11, 2006, 03:10 PM »

Andrew Castle Smile Used to play tennis, now presents GMTV and does stints on the BBC commentary team. Generally very good, except for the Murray / Henman match, when he came out with such inanities such as 'here we have the fine red wine against the alco pop'. Was generally quite Tim biased and didn't add a lot to the enjoyment of the game, except for causing us to shout at him to shut up.
IP Logged
kwevus
ATP Level

Let us taste those Murray mints

Murray vs Ancic ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #427 on: January 11, 2006, 03:14 PM »

yea i remember that alright - though in fairness some of the syuff was funny - something aboot scruffy sideburns r something - biased but funny all the same! x(",)x
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray vs Ancic ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #428 on: January 11, 2006, 04:12 PM »

Yeah I found it all quite amusing Smile
IP Logged
Tennis-Player
ATP Level

Murray vs Ancic ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #429 on: January 11, 2006, 04:14 PM »

Bad luck Andy. I'm confident he'll improve at the Aussie because he's going to think "I MUST do better" so I think he'll be quite fired up.

Sorry I couldn't stay up people, but I had an exam today... went really well btw Smile

Thanks for the video... really enjoyed that.

Ah well at least we won't have any more of this staying up to the small hours to watch a "live"score. I'm looking forward to actually WATCHING some next week Smile
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Murray vs Ancic ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #430 on: January 11, 2006, 04:19 PM »

Me too, I haven't seen an Andy match for ages, missing hiding behind a cushion and running in and out of the room when I can't take the pressure anymore, have watched some of the womens stuff on Eurosport but not quite the same, good match with Ana Ivanovich on last night.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Murray vs Ancic ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #431 on: January 11, 2006, 04:23 PM »

Reading the Telegraph though, Andy says hes been performing badly because hes been thinking - 'I've done all this training, improved my game, so i should be playing better' and then putting too much pressure on himself to perform.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray vs Ancic ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #432 on: January 11, 2006, 04:25 PM »

Yeah and maybe this whole idea of trying to be more calm this season isn't working for him, I really hope we get the old fired up Andy back.
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Murray vs Ancic ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #433 on: January 11, 2006, 04:25 PM »

He should just relax and go out and enjoy the tennis, so what if he doesn't win it's not the end of the world.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Murray vs Ancic ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #434 on: January 11, 2006, 04:28 PM »

Quote from: "KitKat"
He should just relax and go out and enjoy the tennis, so what if he doesn't win it's not the end of the world.

Also similar to what he says in the bbc audio - he thinks hes been flat so far this season, not pumped up enough, not enjoying it enough....
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »