Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  RC R2: Murray vs Anderson 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Your predictions -
Murray in 2 - 12 (75%)
Murray in 3 - 4 (25%)
Anderson in 2 - 0 (0%)
Anderson in 3 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] Go Down Reply
Author

RC R2: Murray vs Anderson

(Read 2419 times)
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: RC R2: Murray vs Anderson « Reply #135 on: August 09, 2011, 08:58 PM »

More bad matches now than good now, unfortunately.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: RC R2: Murray vs Anderson « Reply #136 on: August 09, 2011, 09:03 PM »

That's got to be a tank from Andy, surely?! He never seems to play well when he's doing the doubles with Jamie either.

I don't mind if he peaks at the right time - winning here would add nothing to his CV. Wonder if he'll get the chance to train with Cahill before the next tournament?
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: RC R2: Murray vs Anderson « Reply #137 on: August 09, 2011, 09:06 PM »

I would love to know what goes on in that head of his,
IP Logged
Ghostbuster
Futures Level

Re: RC R2: Murray vs Anderson « Reply #138 on: August 09, 2011, 09:09 PM »

Add nothing to his CV!? Come on man, it's a freaking Masters Series. Do we only care about 4 tournaments now? Considering he apparently doesn't need any match practice, he should just go home and show up for the Slams if that's the case. And hey, he's not Federer or Nadal. He hasn't won 10+ slams and can say that's all he cares about now. He hasn't won any!!! So he's only interested in 4 tournaments, but doesn't win any of them anyway. Then there's this garbage that he needs to be rested and fit before a slam, as if stuff like that really affects him. He's lost early at times because he's not played well or been injured, and the injury has never really been due to exhaustion or anything. He reached the final in 08 after winning a Masters and a semi, and going to the olympics. He reached the quarters at RG and semis at Wimbledon the next year when he was by far the most consistent player in the world, and he should have won both of those matches, it was nothing to do with exhaustion or needing to "peak" at the right time. The fact is his consistency has just gone to **** in the last 18 months and no one seems to know why, nor does there appear to be any good reason for it.
IP Logged
Geo
Futures Level

Re: RC R2: Murray vs Anderson « Reply #139 on: August 09, 2011, 09:16 PM »

Not only has the lost his Masters 1000 title the US Open Series trophy will be in someone elses clutches in a couple of weeks. 
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: RC R2: Murray vs Anderson « Reply #140 on: August 09, 2011, 09:18 PM »

Andy played very poorly. I agree he was short of match practice. He takes too long to get into his stride. Hopefully he will improve for the next tournament. Maybe a few matches in doubles with Jamie will help I hope so.
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: RC R2: Murray vs Anderson « Reply #141 on: August 09, 2011, 09:22 PM »

Add nothing to his CV!? Come on man, it's a freaking Masters Series. Do we only care about 4 tournaments now?

Yep, sadly.
IP Logged
Geo
Futures Level

Re: RC R2: Murray vs Anderson « Reply #142 on: August 09, 2011, 09:43 PM »

Federer in Indian Wells 2004-06
Nadal in Monte Carlo 2005-11 & Rome 2005-07
Agassi in Miami 2001-03

They are the only players to have won 3 Masters events in a row, just goes to show what a select band Murray could have joined if he had won this week.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: RC R2: Murray vs Anderson « Reply #143 on: August 09, 2011, 10:08 PM »

Add nothing to his CV!? Come on man, it's a freaking Masters Series. Do we only care about 4 tournaments now? Considering he apparently doesn't need any match practice, he should just go home and show up for the Slams if that's the case. And hey, he's not Federer or Nadal. He hasn't won 10+ slams and can say that's all he cares about now. He hasn't won any!!! So he's only interested in 4 tournaments, but doesn't win any of them anyway. Then there's this garbage that he needs to be rested and fit before a slam, as if stuff like that really affects him. He's lost early at times because he's not played well or been injured, and the injury has never really been due to exhaustion or anything. He reached the final in 08 after winning a Masters and a semi, and going to the olympics. He reached the quarters at RG and semis at Wimbledon the next year when he was by far the most consistent player in the world, and he should have won both of those matches, it was nothing to do with exhaustion or needing to "peak" at the right time. The fact is his consistency has just gone to sh*t in the last 18 months and no one seems to know why, nor does there appear to be any good reason for it.

As fans I'm sure we do all still care about the Masters - I'd have loved it if he won here. But is Andy motivated by them now? It doesn't seem like it at the moment. I'm not so sure that another Canada title would really have meant that much to him.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: RC R2: Murray vs Anderson « Reply #144 on: August 09, 2011, 10:09 PM »

The hardest thing to do when you are a fan is hang in there with your player when they are losing.  Hang in when they lose a match.   sorry

It's real easy to rag on them, call them names, swear, and totally write them off. ranting  I believe this is called a "fair weather fan"

I certainly understand your frustration, but put yourself in Andy's shoes, how do you think he feels after today's match.  Do you think he is wondering what happened, do you think he went into this match wanting to play badly.  Some days you just can't buy a decent game.  I believe he will figure it out and do well in Cincy.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: RC R2: Murray vs Anderson « Reply #145 on: August 09, 2011, 10:12 PM »

The hardest thing to do when you are a fan is hang in there with your player when they are losing.  Hang in when they lose a match.   sorry

It's real easy to rag on them, call them names, swear, and totally write them off. ranting  I believe this is called a "fair weather fan"

I certainly understand your frustration, but put yourself in Andy's shoes, how do you think he feels after today's match.  Do you think he is wondering what happened, do you think he went into this match wanting to play badly.  Some days you just can't buy a decent game.  I believe he will figure it out and do well in Cincy.
well said Apollo,there are some of us who fell this way.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: RC R2: Murray vs Anderson « Reply #146 on: August 09, 2011, 11:27 PM »

Im also surprised Andy feels he needs to be well rested before Slams. Trying telling that to Novak Djokovic! The guy played for 6 months basically non-stop and won every match bar one. OK I admit everyone has a different physiology but Andy blamed last years US Open exit on the fact he played in the Farmers Classic months earlier. Really?

Also another thing bothers me about Andy's four first round exits. He hasn't even got close to winning any of them. Lost all of them in straight sets. If he had made a battle of these then that's another story. It doesn't add up. The first match is the easiest one. How can he lose these games so badly?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: RC R2: Murray vs Anderson « Reply #147 on: August 10, 2011, 09:03 AM »

The hardest thing to do when you are a fan is hang in there with your player when they are losing.  Hang in when they lose a match.   sorry

I agree Apollo. People sometimes write as if Andy did it on purpose when he loses so badly.  That said I did find it difficult to understand why he didn't seem to care that much on court.  Perhaps it's his way of trying to hide his frustration given he gets criticised so much when he does show it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »