Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray vs Federer ** [Official Topic] ** 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray vs Federer ** [Official Topic] **

(Read 3437 times)
Josh
Seed

Murray vs Federer ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #30 on: October 02, 2005, 10:12 AM »

Yep, Andy should hold his head high.  

Josh's mum
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray vs Federer ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #31 on: October 02, 2005, 10:13 AM »

Yup, clearly will get top10 in the world now, that sort of proves it in a way, the way he made Fed try so hard.
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Murray vs Federer ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #32 on: October 02, 2005, 10:19 AM »

Quote from: "Tally"
Quote from: "crookshanks"
oh, I didn't realise Andy was playing in the Mons challenger! It's reaaly close to my home, so if he does play I might go and see him, even if it is only a challenger!

Unfortunately, I dont think he's going to play that. (Or so it was said on Sky Sports).

Yup. Andy's just confirmed he WONT be going to Mons.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray vs Federer ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #33 on: October 02, 2005, 10:55 AM »

It's a good thing he won't be playing the challenger, he needs to leave those lower tier tournaments behind now and only play against the best in the world. Putting a performance like that against FedEx, well, I just don't see why he won't beat most of the top10 in future tournaments.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Murray vs Federer ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #34 on: October 02, 2005, 01:10 PM »

lol  lol "The future's so bright - we gotta wear shades!!

Our boy did good!
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Murray vs Federer ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #35 on: October 02, 2005, 01:19 PM »

Quote from: "ellyb"
lol  lol "The future's so bright - we gotta wear shades!!

Our boy did good!

8)  8)  8)
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Murray vs Federer ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #36 on: October 02, 2005, 06:24 PM »

Said in interview that he might try and qualify for the 2 remaining Masters events.  Does anyone else think that he deserves a Wildcard, or could he get in automatically with his high 60s ranking?
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Murray vs Federer ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #37 on: October 02, 2005, 07:53 PM »

He wont automatically get into The Masters as that's only available for the top 48. But I can see Madrid giving him a WC. He's practically one of theirs as he trained in Spain.

But it would be good to go through the quallies for the last two Masters Series. More ranking points. Though there's a fair few ATP events before the end of the season.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.
IP Logged
kundalini

Murray vs Federer ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #38 on: October 03, 2005, 02:04 AM »

Despite Andy claiming he wants to play qualifying for Madrid Masters he is prevented from doing so because of the rules concerning tournament entries. Andy is already committed to playing Kolding Challenger that week and so cannot enter Madrid Masters.

In fact Andy is on the direct entry lists for Mons, Sacramento and Kolding Challengers over the next 3 weeks which means that he cannot play in any other tournaments those weeks. He could withdraw and take a week's rest should he wish to do so.

Paris Masters is still a possible. Most probably it would mean playing qualifying.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »