Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray vs Ginepri ** [Official Topic] ** 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray vs Ginepri ** [Official Topic] **

(Read 3107 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray vs Ginepri ** [Official Topic] ** « on: September 29, 2005, 03:19 PM »

Might as well have a thread for each important match for Murray, so lets chat about tomorrow's match here.

By the way, has anyone actually met another user on the live chat yet? :p

I admit it doesn't have much use when most of us are just watching score boards, I would expect it to be used more when there is wider coverage of a match.
IP Logged
David
Satellite Level

A tough one! « Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 03:47 PM »

Ginepri recently took a set off Federer! He plays similar to Roddick, so Andy will have to slow him down.  Andy has a good chance if he plays to form.
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Murray vs Ginepri ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 04:32 PM »

No, I'ne never spoke to anyone on the chatrooms.  Andy has nothing to lose against Ginepri, so hopefully he can just forget the nerves and try and reach the semis
IP Logged
Mike

Murray vs Ginepri ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 05:20 PM »

After taking Soderling out in straight sets (whos about a full 60 positions better than murray in the race), Murray will be going into this match with confidence. However, experience is on Ginepri's side as hes in the top twenty and doesn't play at the net so much, preventing Murray from performing his excellent passing shots.

This will be a tough match, quite likely to go to three sets. But with the possibility of facing Hewitt in the semis and then even Federer (whom he narrowly missed the chance to play on Sunday) he will have the slight edge. Shame this won't be on tv as its gunna be an amazing match.
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Murray vs Ginepri ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 07:10 PM »

Personally (although i do admit i am a complete pesimist) i dont think he has a chance, but i wish the best of luck to him as i would love to see him go further!
What time is he playing?
IP Logged
Mike

Murray vs Ginepri ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 07:19 PM »

Quote from: "annie"
Personally (although i do admit i am a complete pesimist) i dont think he has a chance, but i wish the best of luck to him as i would love to see him go further!
What time is he playing?

You shouldn't be so doubtful. Your forgetting that he cruised past Stefenek in Wimbledon with straight sets and he was 14th in the entry system at the time. Hes playing 0730 BST
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

Murray vs Ginepri ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 07:52 PM »

Quote from: "Mike"
Quote from: "annie"
What time is he playing?

You shouldn't be so doubtful. Your forgetting that he cruised past Stefenek in Wimbledon with straight sets and he was 14th in the entry system at the time. Hes playing 0730 BST

Andy Murray is an inspiration to every junior tennis player in the country. He's achieved so much in very little time and deserves all the credit he gets.
One thing i have noticed, is that with Andy's two handed backhand he struggles to get to the lower balls, becaus eit doesn't allow as much reach as i one hander. His slice is excellent though (which is really hard if you're a double handed backhander. i am!). He should take a few more small steps to fine tune his positioning and then a big final step to initiate his forward leg transfer.
The thing to watch with Robby Ginepri, is that he has a really fast serve. i think he's in the same league as Andy Roddick.
We all know by now that Andy Murray is a pro when it comes to mind over matter- so shouldnt suffer mentally from this next match. And his fitness has improved a lot in the last three months so cramping shouldn't be a problem.

But lets not get too hyped up. He is still young and has years to improve and win thousands of tennis matches in the future. What is unfair to him, is all this attention from the press he's getting and they're slating him when he looses a match and acts like its expected of him to win and if he looses theres gotta be something wrong.

Whatever happens tomorrow morning, i just hope the media don't hassle him too much. It's not nice playing under pressure.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Murray vs Ginepri ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 08:17 PM »

I don't think the media will be too unkind if Murray loses tomorrow because he really is not expected to win this one.  I am keeping everything crossed as I'd love to see him go through.  However, I think he has surpassed all expectations and I am sooooooooo delighted for him.  The boy just didn't do good - the boy done absolutely great Exclamation  Smile More pleeeeaaase
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Murray vs Ginepri ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 08:56 PM »

good luck to Andy against Ginepri...it's gonna be hard to fight off the man with holes in his back!  Very Happy I think Andy isn't expected to win, because Ginepri has really made progress this year, and it's hard to believe that Andy will have the power and courage to win such a match! fingers crossed though!  wink we never know! Andy might just pull something outstanding out the sack!  wink wooot!
IP Logged
David
Satellite Level

Andy loves playing Americans! « Reply #9 on: September 29, 2005, 09:11 PM »

Out of the 8 Americans he's played, he has only lost against 1 and that was a 3 setter against Mardy Fish.
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Murray vs Ginepri ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #10 on: September 30, 2005, 08:53 AM »

Ooh... one set all.

The tension is terrible Very Happy
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Murray vs Ginepri ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #11 on: September 30, 2005, 09:09 AM »

Murray breaks to go 3-2 up in the last set...

Where is everyone?
IP Logged
kevster6969
Junior

Murray vs Ginepri ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #12 on: September 30, 2005, 09:12 AM »

4-2 to Murray it really is looking good for Murray yeeeeee haaaaaaa
IP Logged
kevster6969
Junior

Murray vs Ginepri ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #13 on: September 30, 2005, 09:13 AM »

4-3 to murray looks like murray just needs to hold serve and hes thu
IP Logged
kevster6969
Junior

Murray vs Ginepri ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #14 on: September 30, 2005, 09:18 AM »

5-3 to murray omg i cant take the tension, murray thu to the semi final with this win who would have thought that go on murray
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »