Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray vs Gonzalez ** [Official Topic] ** 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray vs Gonzalez ** [Official Topic] **

(Read 4064 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray vs Gonzalez ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #45 on: October 28, 2005, 12:46 AM »

That prediction is almost ban worthy.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Murray vs Gonzalez ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #46 on: October 28, 2005, 08:26 AM »

I don't think Andy need fear anyone out there any more.  He'll have given them all something to think about over the past few months.  Bet no-one on the tour relishes the prospect of playing him (apart from maybe Fedex).  He's more than capable of taking anyone on now.  Just depends on how it all goes on the night.

For me, it's Andy's presence/aura (call it whatever) and mental strength that are quite extraordinary, and I believe he intimidates his opponents, and wears them down mentally - Jesus, Tim Heman was a wreck in that first set!  But, I do agree that he has much to work on in his game....... and when that comes together he will be a formidable opponent.

Andy to win 3-6  7-6 7-5

crossfingers
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Murray vs Gonzalez ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #47 on: October 28, 2005, 08:41 AM »

Hmm... not at all sure on this one.

I'll go for Andy in straight sets, 7-6, 7-6. Smile
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Murray vs Gonzalez ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #48 on: October 28, 2005, 09:30 AM »

My heart can't take it, I felt sick last night and of course couldn't watch the game, I just jumped in and out, the spiced rum didn't help it just made me woosy.  I'd love to know what Andy was mumbling to the umpire though after he thought he had a couple of dodgy calls.  I think tonights match will be very hard for Andy but he seems to be able dig deep when it counts, I'll take scrappy, flukey, sheer will power just as long as Andy wins, I've never seen Gonzalez play so I really can't comment on how it will go, I just can't take another 3 setter though.  He just needs to find his Thailand form and I think he'll come through to night.
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Murray vs Gonzalez ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #49 on: October 28, 2005, 11:16 AM »

Quote from: "alansk"
I don't wish to be a party pooper, but Mark, it's time to assert your authority!

Ban the trolls please.

Here comes another god-awful prediction: Gonzalez 64 63!

I so agree with your first sentence. I would hate to have to leave here, and, from experience of being Admin on another forum you have to act swiftly so idiots cant ruin the forum. If they stay then I'm off.
 Frown  :twisted:

Re your prediction, I'm going for Gonzales in 3 sets. I'll probably be completely wrong, but hey? That's never stopped me before.  Very Happy
IP Logged
dpconker

Murray vs Gonzalez ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #50 on: October 28, 2005, 11:41 AM »

To the best of my knowledge Murray has only lost in straight sets (as a senior player) twice.  Once in the Davis Cup to Wawrenka and once to Federer.  I'd be very surprised if Murray goes out in straight sets.

I'd predict another 3-set match, but Murray is looking good at holding his game together and will still be the under-dog tonight which suits him.

Let's say Murray to win - 2-6, 7-6, 6-4
IP Logged
David
Satellite Level

Murray vs Gonzalez ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #51 on: October 28, 2005, 01:09 PM »

To the best of my knowledge Murray has only lost in straight sets (as a senior player) twice. Once in the Davis Cup to Wawrenka and once to Federer. I'd be very surprised if Murray goes out in straight sets.

Since turning pro Andy has lost in straight sets to..

Alessio Di Mauro
Kevin Sorensen
Daniel Gimeno-Traver
Michael Lammer
Antony Dupuis
Gregory Carraz
and the two you mentioned
IP Logged
dpconker

Murray vs Gonzalez ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #52 on: October 28, 2005, 01:14 PM »

Oh yeah, and those other six you mentioned.   Embarassed

I only started following Murray properly a few weeks after Wimbledon so I'm still playing catch-up I guess.
IP Logged
David
Satellite Level

DP « Reply #53 on: October 28, 2005, 01:18 PM »

I think he's improved since his early days. (early days? that's only about 9 months ago!) I don't think we will see too many easy straight set victories for his opponents from now on!
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Murray vs Gonzalez ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #54 on: October 28, 2005, 01:20 PM »

I don't think we'll see any easy victories for his opponents, straight sets or not. Even Federer's victory couldn't be described as easy. Smile
IP Logged
alansk
Satellite Level

Murray vs Gonzalez ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #55 on: October 28, 2005, 05:07 PM »

Apologies for my continually negative predictions, but I'm just trying to keep my expectations in check. As you've just been saying, these are still his "early days" and I would not expect him to beat someone of Gonzalez's quality yet. Yet! When he's 21 or so I'll be disappointed in him if he loses to anyone!
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Murray vs Gonzalez ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #56 on: October 28, 2005, 07:06 PM »

Um... Gonzalez ranked 14. Nalbandian ranked 12. Twas not a bad performance at wimbers apart from the fitness. Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray vs Gonzalez ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #57 on: October 28, 2005, 07:07 PM »

John, you relise your avatar has not loaded for a few days now and just shows a red cross for IE users?
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Murray vs Gonzalez ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #58 on: October 28, 2005, 07:09 PM »

Um.. no. It still shows for me. I'll try and fix it.

And there was me just going to help Laura with her avatar Rolling Eyes

Edits: Is that better Mark? Smile
IP Logged
alansk
Satellite Level

Murray vs Gonzalez ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #59 on: October 28, 2005, 07:13 PM »

His performance against Nalbandian was what made me sit up and take notice. I was screaming maniacally when he stayed in the rallies and then unleashed his big forehand. It's why I'm here now! Andy rocks my world. But I still won't be expecting him to beat top 20 players for the next couple of years. I'm not saying he can't though. Happy to be proved wrong!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »