Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Somdev Devvarman, Thursday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray vs Gonzalez ** [Official Topic] ** 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray vs Gonzalez ** [Official Topic] **

(Read 4266 times)
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Murray vs Gonzalez ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #60 on: October 28, 2005, 09:47 PM »

been going crazy by typing a live blog on Andy's match for VR.com... but *phew* it's over... and WHAT  match!!! ...yea ok Andy lost, it's sad... but the experience, all that tension and atmosphere!! some excellent tennis my Andy, some good wrist use and some nice net play.. but Gonzo, well hrmn, he really was wacking those balls in... Andy even had to duck behind the net to let the ball zoom past! HAHAA!  lol
Beautiful play! im very proud of Andy!!  w00t  

mexicanwave

all the best to Andy for the rest of the year (i think it was his last match on the ATP tour...)  Rolling Eyes so... let's hope for a Murray Mania 2006!! yaaay!!!
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Murray vs Gonzalez ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #61 on: October 28, 2005, 09:50 PM »

Not just hope for it... we are it! lol
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray vs Gonzalez ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #62 on: October 28, 2005, 09:52 PM »

Quote from: "JohnW"
Um.. no. It still shows for me. I'll try and fix it.

And there was me just going to help Laura with her avatar Rolling Eyes

Edits: Is that better Mark? Smile

Yup it's fixed.
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Murray vs Gonzalez ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #63 on: October 28, 2005, 10:57 PM »

Quote from: "alansk"
Apologies for my continually negative predictions, but I'm just trying to keep my expectations in check. As you've just been saying, these are still his "early days" and I would not expect him to beat someone of Gonzalez's quality yet. Yet! When he's 21 or so I'll be disappointed in him if he loses to anyone!

Completely with you there.

Oh and my "Gonzales to win in 3" was a winning prophecy for a change. But, and a huge round of applause here, Andy played one of the best matches I've seen him play.

Welcome to life at the top Andy. From here it gets tough. You are a marked man. Like Nadal and Hewitt before you, you have set the tour buzzing. All the top lot will be gunning for your scalp.

But what a game. No "if only's" there. You played a top class opponent brilliantly.

Embarassed  Would this be too early a time to predict a Grand Slam win for Andy? The speed of his learning plus the natural stuff you cant coach, is astounding.

Anyone knocking his decision to take Petch as his coach now? I have always been a Petch fan. You dont have to have been a great player to be a great coach...usually the best coaches were mediocre to average players.

I am in total shock that Britain could have produced such talent....that is until I remember British tennis has bugger all to do with it. It's a combination of natural talent, positive mental attitude, quickness of learning and general stroppiness familiar to all who have "Kevins" :P

Add Queen Judy to that mix and (dare I whisper it?) we have potentially Britain's greatest player ever.

But not to be too carried away, these are early days. Anything could happen, we've seen prodigies come and go.

Embarassed  And yet, and yet, I just think that this time we are truly looking at a champion in the making.

(I'll be crossing my fingers and toes, that's for sure!)

(I'll be crossing my fingers and toes, that's for sure!)
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Murray vs Gonzalez ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #64 on: October 28, 2005, 11:02 PM »

I'm a fan of Petch too... I think he's doing just great. Smile
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Murray vs Gonzalez ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #65 on: November 01, 2005, 09:51 AM »

There was nothing Andy could in that match.  Normally when he loses I am vedry upset and sulk but in that match he did nothing wrong, Gonzales was just the better player.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »