Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray vs Srichaphan ** [Official Topic] ** 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray vs Srichaphan ** [Official Topic] **  (Read 2432 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray vs Srichaphan ** [Official Topic] ** « on: September 30, 2005, 04:40 PM »

About that time again, lets talk about tomorrow's match!
IP Logged
kevster6969
Junior

Murray vs Srichaphan ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 04:48 PM »

Well after todays result anything is possible for Murray, but i think it hinges on Murrays first serve if thats working ok i think Murray will take it in 3 sets (hope its straight sets).
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray vs Srichaphan ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 05:13 PM »

I agree, his first serve seems very important for him if he is to win a match. Lets hope he does OK so can see a Murray vs Federer final.
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Murray vs Srichaphan ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 05:37 PM »

In his interview with Bales at lunchtime, he reckons he can win.  Very Happy  I love his attitude and self belief.

He really must get some work done on his first serve percentage, though. It's down in the low 50's. Petch was reeling of a litany of stuff he needs to work on.

(:P Andy says once he gets to 79 in the rankings, then he'll start telling Petch what to do, as that was the highest Petch ever got.  )

Watching the match today though, his return was greatly improved.

Never underestimate the home crowd, but Srichapan is a much easier proposition than Leyton.  :?

And *kneels down in thanks" it's the second match on court, so I haven't got to wake up at the crack of dawn.

Rolling Eyes  :P
IP Logged
Mike

Murray vs Srichaphan ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 05:43 PM »

The motif of playing Federer in not only a tournament but the final will be almost unbearably sweet for Murray. Hes playing against the crowd though he has expressed liking to this. I don't know that much about Srichaphan but I agree that the match will depend heavily on Murray's serve. If he can hold his service games well I reakon he'll win this match in straight sets. Those of you that saw my prediction for Murray v Ginepri match will see I got it right. Lets hope I'm right again.

Does anyone know what style of play Srichaphan has?
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Murray vs Srichaphan ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 05:50 PM »

Quote from: "Mike"

Does anyone know what style of play Srichaphan has?

Dunno lately, as I haven't watched him much in the last couple of years.

At his best he has a great forehand, suspect on his second serve, but quite a good all round game, and moves well around the court.

At his worst, he's erratic, a bit full of overconfidence since he's become the most famous and revered man in Thailand, and dodgy at the net.

Be interesting to see if the obvious adrenaline buzz that comes from having a packed stadium rooting for you, will mean he plays his best. Some players find the pressure overwhelming when they're playing a home tournament.
IP Logged
David
Satellite Level

Hi all « Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 08:07 PM »

Srichaphan is a similar player to Hewitt and has first class groundstrokes and manoeuvrability and his favourite court is hard, which this match is played on! He will run everything down, as seen when he did the 'splits' trying to return a shot at last Wimbledon. That made my eyes water!... Crying or Very sad
IP Logged
kundalini

Murray vs Srichaphan ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 09:52 PM »

Relying on Andy's serve is not usually a good idea.

45% of first serves in play is about par for Andy. Above 50% is good and I seem to recall him once getting 61%.

Anyway, I shall make an effort to watch this match. Not been able to watch any tennis this week.

Both players will be motivated to win.

This is the sort of breakthrough tournament I've been expecting since Wimbledon. I was starting to wonder whether it was the grass or the home crowd that helped to produce his success. Surprised it didn't happen at Indianapolis but Andy contrived to lose to an out of form, unfit Mardy Fish.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray vs Srichaphan ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #8 on: September 30, 2005, 11:01 PM »

http://www.atptennis.atponline.net/en/newsandscores/news/2005/bangkok_friday.asp

"Federer will face Andy Murray  for a place in Sunday's final."
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Murray vs Srichaphan ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #9 on: October 01, 2005, 08:17 AM »

again - seriously doubt murray will win this one, but i really hope he does cos id love to see murray/federer, if the bbc stop being cheap and show it on tv :x  :x
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Murray vs Srichaphan ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #10 on: October 01, 2005, 10:36 AM »

Frown  Andy looks completely knackered. Pete Fleming's just said he looks like "the walking dead".

But it's 4 all at the moment Smile
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Murray vs Srichaphan ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #11 on: October 01, 2005, 10:56 AM »

Srichaphan is in one of his "brilliant at the net phases"

He's playing pretty well, but if Andy can just last the distance energy wise, this could be close.

(6-5 to Paradorn at the mo, on serve) But Andy had so many chances to break in that last game.
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Murray vs Srichaphan ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #12 on: October 01, 2005, 11:11 AM »

Andy's just lost the first set in a tie break Frown
IP Logged
crookshanks
Challenger Level

Murray vs Srichaphan ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #13 on: October 01, 2005, 11:12 AM »

Are you  watching the match on tv? How is Andy doing, is he playing well?
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Murray vs Srichaphan ** [Official Topic] ** « Reply #14 on: October 01, 2005, 11:22 AM »

Quote from: "crookshanks"
Are you  watching the match on tv? How is Andy doing, is he playing well?

Yup. It's on Sky Sports Extra.

He's playing pretty well, except for his serve. That's letting him down big time.

But he looks so tired. There's flashes of sheer genius from both players, but he MUST work on his serve. Too many second serves that Scrichapan can jump on.

Andy's doing well in the long rallies.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »