Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Murray vs Stepanek 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Stepanek
Murray in 2 - 8 (47.1%)
Murray in 3 - 6 (35.3%)
Stepanek in 2 - 0 (0%)
Stepanek in 3 - 3 (17.6%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray vs Stepanek

(Read 3809 times)
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Murray vs Stepanek « on: October 14, 2007, 01:13 PM »

Murray faces world number 35, Radek Stepanek, in round 1 of the Madrid Masters. The OOP should be released later today.

No comment nervous nervous nervous

Head To Head
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 01:26 PM »

These guys don't get along and I see Murray taking in two.
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 02:13 PM »

I'm very inclined to say Stepanek in 3, but a little part of me has faith Andy can do this. Think
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 02:18 PM »

Stepanek is over-rated. The rest of the draw is my concern. Chela, Nadal, Robredo, Djokovic...
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 02:20 PM »

I'd say he's underrated. He's beaten some pretty good players lately, and they weren't having a low like Andy is right now.
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 02:23 PM »

I love the fact that Andy tanking in a couple of sets has become a low. One of them was in the FINAL of a tournament remember. And he won every other match he'd played pretty comfortably up to then. Ok, it's a really tough draw but he can do a few rounds...
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 02:31 PM »

Actually, compared to what he used to be, he's still having a dip.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 02:42 PM »

I would actually say Stepanek is underrated. If you have a look at his last Masters performance (Cincy) he beat Bjorkman, Gonzalez, Haas, Davydenko en route to the semi - let's hope heartbreak over Martina turns the tables w00t pray
[ Last edit by top_spin October 14, 2007, 02:42 PM ] IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Re: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 05:42 PM »

3rd up on centre court...

First match 11 AM local... 10 PM UK time... remember folks, Madrid is 1 hour ahead. Smile
[ Last edit by JohnW October 14, 2007, 05:44 PM ] IP Logged
Johnny Handsome
Futures Level

Re: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 06:28 PM »

i hope murray gets through to meet nadal, beating nadal could give him a much needed pick me up and i think andy will wanna teach him a lesson on the court after nadal critiscised him off it. p.s davydenko is an alien
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 06:58 PM »

I would actually say Stepanek is underrated. If you have a look at his last Masters performance (Cincy) he beat Bjorkman, Gonzalez, Haas, Davydenko en route to the semi - let's hope heartbreak over Martina turns the tables w00t pray

Think Have I missed something here - have they split up?  God, I'm so behind the times Whistle

Toughie for Andy, but hope he does it in 3 pray
[ Last edit by Bevc October 14, 2007, 06:58 PM ] IP Logged
Seany-Bhoy
Challenger Level

Re: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 07:06 PM »

I would love for AM to get through to at least meet Nadal.  However, recent results haven't convinced me that he will win tomorrow - If he had not been injured I'd say he'd be one of the favourites for the tournament.  Against Robredo and Tipsaravic (2 recent losses) his serve let him down - badly.  He cant afford to do that especially when the tournament is a MS.  A while back nearer the start of the year AM said that whilst being with Gilbert they havent really worked or changed his serve technique - he believes his serve will get better and more consistent as he gets stronger. And after being in the gym every day, I just don't see any improvements (with the exception of power, occasionally) on that shot. He really needs his serve to be firing on all cylinders more consistently because his 2nd serve is one of the worst.  If you compare Nadals serve now to what it used to be - that is a difference you can actually spot but with Murray, I don't see anything.  I just feel he will lose tomorrow because of his 1st serve.  I hope to god I'm wrong.
IP Logged
Margaret Robb
Futures Level

Re: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 08:53 PM »

Andys' serve was working last week against Canas,So we can hope he and his serve will have a good day.Hope he's not distracted with his meeting on Tuesday with the Spanish inquisition.Also hope he doesn't toddle in there on his lonesome with the usual "speak your thoughts aloud"line.Wonder if they'll ask Daveydenko to explain his accusations about Murray,don't suppose so.Bunch of hypocrites,DeVilliers took part in the same broadcast.How does he then need an explanation did he not listen to it??
IP Logged
Margaret Robb
Futures Level

Re: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 09:02 PM »

I know this is about Andy's match with Stepanek would you believe my husband likes watching him,any-way,I was looking for any news on Andy's interrogation and one of the Spanish press has an article saying Andy retracts and he was misquoted,he's been talking to Rafa,they also printed Daveydenkos comments.Has no one actually listened to that Radio5,Live broadcast??It's interesting and Andy's contribution took about two minutes and all hell has broken loose Hope he gets mad and plays etter tennis,Sorry Mark for not keeping to topic.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Murray vs Stepanek « Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 09:31 PM »

Murray to win 6-2 6-2 on the way to his first Masters title.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »