Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 81 Go Down Reply
Author

MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...)

(Read 31706 times)
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1005 on: July 07, 2012, 10:53 AM »

OMG Nigel, started again when I listened to you. Very wet weekend here inside and out Whistle

Let's hear it for Nigel and Ruthie clap clap clap kicking
[ Last edit by blueberryhill July 07, 2012, 11:00 AM ] IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1006 on: July 07, 2012, 11:56 AM »

Just listened to the soundbite (thanks for posting that, Mark.)

You were incredible, Nigel!  How on earth did you manage to decipher what that twat said? I didn't understand a word.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1007 on: July 07, 2012, 01:47 PM »

Here's Nigel responding to the Murray haters who phoned in: http://soundcloud.com/murraysworld/nigel-graber-5live-phone-in

Nigel, my hero. The anger in your voice was palpable!

Did you prepare that beforehand? It was amazingly eloquent given how wound up you were! Did any of the haters come back on afterwards to spout out some more drivel in response?
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1008 on: July 07, 2012, 06:02 PM »

Terrific, Nigel. Glad the interviewer let you have a rant, rather than cut you off.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1009 on: July 07, 2012, 09:57 PM »

Terrific, Nigel. Glad the interviewer let you have a rant, rather than cut you off.

Joey Barton is a football star who is known for losing his temper and thumping people, an out and out thug in fact. He was interviewed by Sky news outside Wimbledon and said that he was supporting Andy because Andy polarised (big word for a professional footballer) opinion and was like him.  News flash Joey - you and Andy have nothing in common at all.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1010 on: July 07, 2012, 11:19 PM »

Oh God. I just listened back. I think you could tell I was shaking with anger. They probably thought I was an utter mentalist.
[/quote)

Fantastic Nigel. So much passion about Andy, Monday someone should play it to him.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1011 on: July 08, 2012, 12:15 AM »

Nigel, my hero. The anger in your voice was palpable!

Did you prepare that beforehand? It was amazingly eloquent given how wound up you were! Did any of the haters come back on afterwards to spout out some more drivel in response?

I had a broad idea about the themes I was going to touch on. However, there's no way I planned to be that angry. But I had to wait on the line for about 14 minutes while these utter morons had their say. By the time I got on, I had steam coming from my ears. My whole body was actually shaking.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1012 on: July 08, 2012, 12:17 AM »

I had a broad idea about the themes I was going to touch on. However, there's no way I planned to be that angry. But I had to wait on the line for about 14 minutes while these utter morons had their say. By the time I got on, I had steam coming from my ears. My whole body was actually shaking.
I was thinking this might be the case at the time actually, whilst listening to the guys on before you.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1013 on: July 08, 2012, 12:19 AM »

I was thinking this might be the case at the time actually, whilst listening to the guys on before you.

I loathe and despise the 95%-cretin populace of this country with every filament of every fibre of my being.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1014 on: July 08, 2012, 12:39 AM »

Yu
Ah, but did you hear Five Live tonight? I was a man on the edge.
You were certainly enraged Nigel! You are one, but you spoke for many, knowing how we feel.

The take home message for me was when you said:
"If he wins on Sunday, he will transform tennis in this country."

If for no other reason than this, he MUST win. Transformation is needed, we desperately need more up-and-coming players. Otherwise, how who will step into Andy Murrays shoes in a few years time?

Bravo Nigel. clap
[ Last edit by lashurst July 08, 2012, 12:43 AM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1015 on: July 08, 2012, 12:40 AM »

I loathe and despise the 95%-cretin populace of this country with every filament of every fibre of my being.
Aye me too. Constantly get myself drawn into arguments as well, and always end up pissed off. Can't stop myself.

There are many out there who aren't utter twats and say they will support him but dislike him. I still can't even fathom how anyone can dislike him. Most claim it's his personality. How can you judge someone based on a few interviews after hours on court? It's not his fault he's got a monotone voice.

The oxygen-thieves who claim to 'hate' him, spout sh*t about being anti-English and go out of their way to mock him/support his opponent are the most annoying, but they can just be passed off as thick-skulled cretins.

Here we have a very genuine, honest, hard-working, friendly young man, who happens to be one of the best sportsmen we have ever produced.

Why can't we get behind him? How do so many people dislike him? He's pretty much the perfect sportsman - extremely talented, hard-working, great attitude, humble, friendly, appreciative. I'm not ashamed to admit he's one of my idols. I love the man, and I'm so proud to watch him represent our country (well, group of countries). Why are so many people determined to dislike him, when they don't even know him? How do so many people seriously claim to be gutted when he wins?

It just does my goat.

(I know, I know, I shouldn't let it get to me. I try not to.)

I'm so glad I found this place. It's nice to be among others who appreciate this guy as much as I do, and are as desperate for him to win as I am.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1016 on: July 08, 2012, 12:56 AM »

Very Happy grouphug
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1017 on: July 08, 2012, 12:58 AM »

TheMadHatter: I blame the media for much of the Murray-hating. They produce whatever sewage they like and put it on TV, or print it, and have no scruples at all.

They choose photos where he is not smiling on purpose, quote out of context etc. Its the same thing they do with the Royals at times and other celebs. They'll do anything to cause controversy, with the goal of making a fast buck.

We  have seen Andy joking, laughing etc, we know what he's really like. He's a tennis player and not a Hollywood actor with a script, for gods sake. They should watch that programme with James Cordon when Andys fooling around and joining in the fun.

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1018 on: July 08, 2012, 02:17 AM »

TheMadHatter: I blame the media for much of the Murray-hating. They produce whatever sewage they like and put it on TV, or print it, and have no scruples at all.

They choose photos where he is not smiling on purpose, quote out of context etc. Its the same thing they do with the Royals at times and other celebs. They'll do anything to cause controversy, with the goal of making a fast buck.

We  have seen Andy joking, laughing etc, we know what he's really like. He's a tennis player and not a Hollywood actor with a script, for gods sake. They should watch that programme with James Cordon when Andys fooling around and joining in the fun.
Yep, agree 100%. Anyone who's even spoken to Andy comments on how nice a guy he is, how genuine is. We all know how great he is. But others who have never seen anything other than spiteful comments and his after-match interviews just claim dislike for him without knowing him at all.

Well, now it's Andy's time to prove all the doubters wrong. Come on Andy, come on son.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1019 on: July 08, 2012, 08:18 AM »

Andy is the most genuine guy out there, all the other players like and respect him, that says more than what some of these knobheads think. If its about his personality thats laughable how dour unintelligent and moody are the likes of Wayne Rooney and John Terry to whom some of these people idolise?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 81 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »