Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 81 Go Down Reply
Author

MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...)

(Read 31806 times)
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #60 on: July 02, 2008, 02:39 PM »

I'm just worried they'll ask me something I don't know or I'll say something which is completely wrong... but I will be annoyed at myself for the rest of my life if I don't try and give this a go.

Good stuff.  It's the rght thng to do.  No regrets.  Besides, you know plenty about Murray.  If they were asking about tennis in general you might be in trouble, but not if they're focusing on Andy.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #61 on: July 02, 2008, 02:40 PM »

Hey - realistically, what's the worst that can happen? Shrug They don't ask you back?

If it was me:
1.    I have no idea what you look like, but get their make-up people to give you a quick once over to reduce studio glare, trickle sweat, stuff like that.

2.      Don't bring up the England thing unless they ask. And don't treat it seriously (no-one really takes it seriously). If it sounds like you have a crusade, you'll sound like a geek.

3.     Count a heartbeat before answering any direct questions.

1) OK.

2) I think it's a good idea to bring it up, everyone knows about it so why not clear Murray's name?

3) I'm fine with timing my answers under these situations.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #62 on: July 02, 2008, 02:41 PM »

Hey - realistically, what's the worst that can happen? Shrug They don't ask you back?

If it was me:
1.    I have no idea what you look like, but get their make-up people to give you a quick once over to reduce studio glare, trickle sweat, stuff like that.

2.      Don't bring up the England thing unless they ask. And don't treat it seriously (no-one really takes it seriously). If it sounds like you have a crusade, you'll sound like a geek.

3.     Count a heartbeat before answering any direct questions.

He really has to bring up the England thing.  It has gone too far.  The subject is whether Andy has won over Britain, so this is the perfect opportunity.  He is unfairly beng portrayed as anti-English and it is completely untrue.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #63 on: July 02, 2008, 02:42 PM »

Exactly.  But if you don't want to do it then don't feel like you have to.

I don't want to do it but I know I have to because I will regret it otherwise Smile
IP Logged
gee666
Satellite Level

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #64 on: July 02, 2008, 02:42 PM »

if you don't know something which I would doubt just say something along the lines of "I honetly couldn't say"
Better to be non comital the journo will be asking stuff they know the answers to so they can fill
IP Logged
gee666
Satellite Level

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #65 on: July 02, 2008, 02:42 PM »

Do a Broon and as k to pre screen the questions
IP Logged
netcord
Top Seed

Miles who?

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #66 on: July 02, 2008, 02:43 PM »

If they were asking about tennis in general you might be in trouble,......

So true........ (if you've seen his RTR record) Whistle
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #67 on: July 02, 2008, 02:45 PM »

So true........ (if you've seen his RTR record) Whistle

roflmao
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #68 on: July 02, 2008, 02:51 PM »

Even though I live like a 15min train journey away from the studios I still asked for a cameraman so they're now checking if a satellite van is available for that time, I'm such a diva lmao
IP Logged
AL1874
Top Seed

What was I drinking last night?

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #69 on: July 02, 2008, 02:51 PM »

The English thing is old news, but unfortunately people have already made their minds up on it and wont change them on the strength of a Sky news interview.

If it comes up fine but if not why push it, however if you feel that strongly to defend Andy on this matter then ask for it to be included before the interview starts rather than wait for an opening whilst under pressure.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #70 on: July 02, 2008, 02:53 PM »

The English thing is old news, but unfortunately people have already made their minds up on it and wont change them on the strength of a Sky news interview.

If it comes up fine but if not why push it, however if you feel that strongly to defend Andy on this matter then ask for it to be included before the interview starts rather than wait for an opening whilst under pressure.

Most people don't know the full story.  It wasn't reported in the tabloids.  People still think it was a serious comment.  It has been used in countless articles since the Gasquet match and even on The Wright Stuff earlier today.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #71 on: July 02, 2008, 02:53 PM »

Thats a really good idea.  And it may be old news but alot of people on telly are still bringing it up.
IP Logged
measdale
ATP Level

My life, currently

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #72 on: July 02, 2008, 02:54 PM »

Even though I live like a 15min train journey away from the studios I still asked for a cameraman so they're now checking if a satellite van is available for that time, I'm such a diva lmao

D'you really want to appear on a little screen on the wall, rather than in the studio shocking.

Also, the afore-mentioned geek stalkers will see where you live!    nervous      lol
IP Logged
measdale
ATP Level

My life, currently

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #73 on: July 02, 2008, 02:57 PM »

Most people don't know the full story.  It wasn't reported in the tabloids.  People still think it was a serious comment.  It has been used in countless articles since the Gasquet match and even on The Wright Stuff earlier today.

Remember that there is no corroborating evidence that anyone can find to support Andy's defence (about the previous question).

And treating it seriously gives it more credence (as Al says, no-one's gonna change their mind on this issue whatever Mark or anyone else says).
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #74 on: July 02, 2008, 02:59 PM »

Wasn't there an video taken from that interview?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 81 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »