Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 ... 81 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...)  (Read 29926 times)
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1020 on: July 08, 2012, 08:51 AM »

I think the problem is we're just not a very intelligent nation. The Sun's style guide says 'You are writing for an average reading age of 6'. Says it all really.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1021 on: July 08, 2012, 10:37 AM »

TheMadHatter: I blame the media for much of the Murray-hating. They produce whatever sewage they like and put it on TV, or print it, and have no scruples at all.

They choose photos where he is not smiling on purpose, quote out of context etc. Its the same thing they do with the Royals at times and other celebs. They'll do anything to cause controversy, with the goal of making a fast buck.

We  have seen Andy joking, laughing etc, we know what he's really like. He's a tennis player and not a Hollywood actor with a script, for gods sake. They should watch that programme with James Cordon when Andys fooling around and joining in the fun.

Been catching up on this thread and listening to Nigel. I too get very angry with all the moronic comments made about him - I'm afraid I am inclined not to read the anti-Murray articles these days but I did join in the comments on Daily Mail and was sickened by some of the ones I read. Fortunately Simon Briggs in the Telegraph is not an anti-Andy reporter - he's fair so I read his articles regularly. The world is full of morons and I don't wish to read or listen to what they say.  Well done Nigel and Ruthie.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1022 on: July 08, 2012, 07:46 PM »

Anybody catch me on Sky 498 just now? Considering I'm absolutely paralytic, I thought I did OK.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1023 on: July 08, 2012, 07:46 PM »

Did you record it?
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1024 on: July 08, 2012, 07:48 PM »

Did you record it?

Yes, how do I put it on here?

The gist of my argument was that Murray wasn't beaten mentally, he was beaten by the tactical choice of going to the Federer forehand to get to the backhand, and he played the Fedex forehand into form. They agreed.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1025 on: July 08, 2012, 07:52 PM »

Sounds like you were a bit of a pro tennis pundit then.

Erm, you will eventually have to get it on here via YouTube but you somehow have to get the recording onto your computer first.

Did they mention MurraysWorld by the way? Because I certainly asked.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1026 on: July 08, 2012, 08:03 PM »

Sounds like you were a bit of a pro tennis pundit then.

Erm, you will eventually have to get it on here via YouTube but you somehow have to get the recording onto your computer first.

Did they mention MurraysWorld by the way? Because I certainly asked.

Yes, the whole time I was on they had a caption on screen 'Nigel GRABER, News Writer, Murraysworld.'

I'm sure the 11 viewers appreciated it.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1027 on: July 08, 2012, 08:10 PM »

Yes, the whole time I was on they had a caption on screen 'Nigel GRABER, News Writer, Murraysworld.'

I'm sure the 11 viewers appreciated it.
roflmao

Anyway... try getting the recording on your computer. Then either I can help you send it to me or you upload to YouTube.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1028 on: July 08, 2012, 08:22 PM »

roflmao

Anyway... try getting the recording on your computer. Then either I can help you send it to me or you upload to YouTube.

Right. The only way I know how to do that is to record it manually on my digital voice recorder and send you a soundfile. The quality will be pants, but I'll try it.

Bloody hell, I was waffling. I had: three pints of Italian lager and six large Pimms. They were looking at each other like: when's this guy going to shut up?
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1029 on: July 08, 2012, 08:24 PM »

Right. The only way I know how to do that is to record it manually on my digital voice recorder and send you a soundfile. The quality will be pants, but I'll try it.

Bloody hell, I was waffling. I had: three pints of Italian lager and six large Pimms. They were looking at each other like: when's this guy going to shut up?

I'm sure you were great Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1030 on: July 08, 2012, 08:27 PM »

I don't want audio, I want video!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1031 on: July 08, 2012, 08:47 PM »

I wasn't ON TV. Just on the phone on TV.

If you want to see me, I'm here: http://www.google.co.uk/search?um=1&hl=en&biw=1024&bih=632&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=nigel+graber&oq=nigel+graber&gs_l=img.3..0i24.7720.7720.0.7897.1.1.0.0.0.0.116.116.0j1.1.0...0.0.QZ3re_BQ7_s
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1032 on: July 08, 2012, 09:45 PM »

I wasn't ON TV. Just on the phone on TV.
I know that but it's a TV show so it's a pretty important to get the right feel for it. I also wanted to see MurraysWorld on the banner. Very Happy
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1033 on: July 08, 2012, 09:52 PM »

What's the Federer-esque vanity shots?
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1034 on: July 08, 2012, 10:06 PM »

^Would like to see, but can't. Maybe bcos I'm not in UK?
Without seeing/hearing, sounds like Nigel is doing a good job of speaking on our behalf.
Counting on you to keep sitting on those numpties, Nigel!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 ... 81 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »