Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 ... 81 Go Down Reply
Author

MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...)

(Read 32340 times)
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1035 on: July 08, 2012, 11:42 PM »

What's the Federer-esque vanity shots?

My daughter took them for my website. Good idea in principle but blurred as hell.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1036 on: July 08, 2012, 11:50 PM »

Here's Nigel on Sports Tonight Live which is on Sky's Primetime channel.

http://soundcloud.com/murraysworld/nigel-mw-primetime-channel
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1037 on: July 08, 2012, 11:59 PM »

Here's Nigel on Sports Tonight Live which is on Sky's Primetime channel.

http://soundcloud.com/murraysworld/nigel-mw-primetime-channel

In my defence, I was paralytic.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1038 on: July 09, 2012, 12:02 AM »

Although you did go on for a long time at one point, the fact the interviewers were silent surely must show they believed what you were saying had a lot of value.
[ Last edit by Mark July 09, 2012, 12:05 AM ] IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1039 on: July 09, 2012, 12:03 AM »

Although you did go on for a long time at one point, the fact the interviewers were silent has to show they appreciate the value of what you were saying.

It was the tennis equivalent of War and Peace. They were clearly looking at each other, thinking: when is this guy going to shut up?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1040 on: July 09, 2012, 12:04 AM »

They would be pretty bad at their job if that was the case. Professional interviewers respectfully interrupt with another question if they believe someone is going on too long.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1041 on: July 09, 2012, 10:10 AM »

Am on BBC Radio Birmingham at 2.15 today.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1042 on: July 09, 2012, 10:15 AM »

Nigel, you're everywhere!

It was one of the major topics at morning tea at our place today but probably more because they know I'm a big fan.

It's been such a great Wimbledon this year, I just don't want it to have stopped! Thank god the Olympics are not too far away!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1043 on: July 09, 2012, 02:28 PM »

Mark, I just did a spot on BBC Birmingham. Any chance of a Soundcloud thingy?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1044 on: July 09, 2012, 03:44 PM »

I didn't have you pegged as a baldy. Think

You must be getting fed up of all these interviews by now surely? Or do you just love the attention? lol

Will have a listen to latest one when I get the chance, I'm amazed you were comprehensible after all that you had drunk.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1045 on: July 09, 2012, 04:07 PM »

Yes, it was getting to the point where I just wanted to watch the matches without any hassle.
[ Last edit by Grabcopy July 09, 2012, 04:15 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1046 on: July 09, 2012, 10:08 PM »

Mark, I just did a spot on BBC Birmingham. Any chance of a Soundcloud thingy?
http://soundcloud.com/murraysworld/nigel-mw-bbc-wm Smile
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1047 on: July 09, 2012, 10:12 PM »

Cheers.

Sounded quite polished on that one. Not sure I actually said anything, though.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1048 on: July 09, 2012, 11:26 PM »

Who was that twerp they pitted you against during the semi-final? What a Little Englander although I could barely understand what he was saying! Not the sharpest tool in the box - loved the classic myth about him saying 'I'm not British, I'm Scottish. Wonderful how these things get twisted! You did well to stay calm there, I'd have given him both barrels.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: MurraysWorld in the media (BBC, Sky...) « Reply #1049 on: July 09, 2012, 11:51 PM »

Who was that twerp they pitted you against during the semi-final? What a Little Englander although I could barely understand what he was saying! Not the sharpest tool in the box - loved the classic myth about him saying 'I'm not British, I'm Scottish. Wonderful how these things get twisted! You did well to stay calm there, I'd have given him both barrels.

You make it sound like I was playing a tournament by myself. At times, it felt like it - five radio spots and one TV slot. Yes, I thought my semi-final was my best display. He was a little arse. But the worst one was that guy who came on sounding like a bloody trainspotter, saying Murray had 'no personality'.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 ... 81 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »