Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Musings on 2014 so far 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Musings on 2014 so far

(Read 2704 times)
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Musings on 2014 so far « Reply #30 on: August 16, 2014, 08:13 AM »

My musings are thus  a year of steady but slow progress  Murray got to the quarterfinals of Cincinatti without a stamina collapse that is an achievement Now I'd like him to battle on and try some smaller tournaments and hopefully taste a little more success
 This year  its been damage limitation hopefully next year will see him really back to his old form
IP Logged
althusser
Satellite Level

I Conquer

Re: Musings on 2014 so far « Reply #31 on: August 16, 2014, 09:18 AM »

The davis cup win over the US was great. And I really enjoyed the run to the FO semis

IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Musings on 2014 so far « Reply #32 on: August 16, 2014, 09:18 AM »

Well said Bennibone.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Musings on 2014 so far « Reply #33 on: August 16, 2014, 04:09 PM »

Yes it's okay for Djokovic to loose did anyone see Stans match yesterday he went to pieces but poor Andy gets all the ****.  No one is perfect and we should be kind enough to understand why some players are not playing as well as they can. Or is it to much to ask for people to be more understanding. It is the same culprits who post all the negative comments it's time they became a bit more understanding and that means you Connor.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Musings on 2014 so far « Reply #34 on: August 16, 2014, 04:53 PM »

Yes it's okay for Djokovic to loose did anyone see Stans match yesterday he went to pieces but poor Andy gets all the ****.  No one is perfect and we should be kind enough to understand why some players are not playing as well as they can. Or is it to much to ask for people to be more understanding. It is the same culprits who post all the negative comments it's time they became a bit more understanding and that means you Connor.

LOL. I haven't even said anything in the past few hours and I'm still overlooked by the likes of MassiveNose, Backhandshit and rob92yearsold.

I assume you've been in close contact with Masaka? How is she these days?

But honestly, I have never bashed Andy outside of matches. It's a fans prerogative to judge the performance of their favourite player much harsher than others because they want the best out of them. It's just what fans do.
[ Last edit by Connor August 16, 2014, 05:00 PM ] IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Musings on 2014 so far « Reply #35 on: August 16, 2014, 07:28 PM »

I don't even know Masaka and have never ever posted to her Connor. I am not the only person on MW who thinks some of your comments are unwarranted. It's called give and take you have to put up with things you don't like other days everything is fine. You seem to be unable to understand this. Andy has had good and bad days before, he wouldn't be human if he didn't. But he doesn't give up and that's his strength to keep trying at least he doesn't give up.
IP Logged
althusser
Satellite Level

I Conquer

Re: Musings on 2014 so far « Reply #36 on: August 16, 2014, 07:42 PM »

I think to be fair to Connor he actually has the phrase 'the great British player will be back' embedded under his name, hence it shows up on every post. Not much negative about that!
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Musings on 2014 so far « Reply #37 on: August 16, 2014, 08:04 PM »

I don't even know Masaka and have never ever posted to her Connor. I am not the only person on MW who thinks some of your comments are unwarranted. It's called give and take you have to put up with things you don't like other days everything is fine. You seem to be unable to understand this. Andy has had good and bad days before, he wouldn't be human if he didn't. But he doesn't give up and that's his strength to keep trying at least he doesn't give up.

If mine are unwarranted, what about the trolls I mentioned that only come on here when Andy is losing? I suppose there posts shouldn't even be allowed to be shown on here? Or am I wrong?
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Musings on 2014 so far « Reply #38 on: August 16, 2014, 08:15 PM »

Backhandslice isn't a Murray fan, have no clue why he's here. There's a difference in being critical and popping on here to gloat in the failings of a player you purportedly supoort.

With regards to the rest of the year. I think we can discount him winning the USO, that's not me being overly pessimistic, it's just based on current form. He would have to drastically swing his fortunes around for that to happen, and i think 2 weeks is too short a time frame for that to happen.

I'm hoping he picks up in Asia and makes the WTF, he can then take the off season to fine tune his mind and reset the clock and have a brilliant 2015.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Musings on 2014 so far « Reply #39 on: August 16, 2014, 08:16 PM »

I think to be fair to Connor he actually has the phrase 'the great British player will be back' embedded under his name, hence it shows up on every post. Not much negative about that!

I'm confident Andy will be back, it doesn't look like a long term decline. But at this moment in time, my faith and confidence in him to produce great results isn't very high.
IP Logged
althusser
Satellite Level

I Conquer

Re: Musings on 2014 so far « Reply #40 on: August 16, 2014, 09:50 PM »

Yes, also, when you are a double slam winner, you do not disappear within the game, even if you slide down the rankings

Once you are a 'name' , you always attract attention, discussion and speculation. A lot of the anti murray geeks who cheerfully chart Andys decline in rankings don't appreciate how irrelevant that is to the wider publics perception of the game.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Musings on 2014 so far « Reply #41 on: August 16, 2014, 11:20 PM »

Yes, also, when you are a double slam winner, you do not disappear within the game, even if you slide down the rankings

Once you are a 'name' , you always attract attention, discussion and speculation. A lot of the anti murray geeks who cheerfully chart Andys decline in rankings don't appreciate how irrelevant that is to the wider publics perception of the game.

Dunno.... I had to, like many i suspect, wikipedia his coach and she won 2 slams. Hate to think thats what people outside of UK are gonna have to do in 5-10 yrs to recall Murray. That would be the result of underachievement on his part.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Musings on 2014 so far « Reply #42 on: August 17, 2014, 08:37 AM »

I'm confident Andy will be back, it doesn't look like a long term decline. But at this moment in time, my faith and confidence in him to produce great results isn't very high.

I agree with you both.  I see this year as being a blip due first, to his recovery from back surgery, and second, to the abrupt departure of Lendl and having to find and then get used to a new coach, but I don't see his present situation as being insurmountable.  Andy has goals he wants to meet, mainly winning more Slams, in particular the two he hasn't won.  He knows time isn't on his side now so if he has the will and the desire I'm sure he'll take the steps necessary to achieve them.

Dunno.... I had to, like many i suspect, wikipedia his coach and she won 2 slams. Hate to think thats what people outside of UK are gonna have to do in 5-10 yrs to recall Murray. That would be the result of underachievement on his part.
I doubt that Andy's Wimbledon win will be readily forgotten by tennis fans even outside of the UK because it was such a major historic achievement. 
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Musings on 2014 so far « Reply #43 on: August 17, 2014, 12:42 PM »

Andy's achievements  at Wimbledon will always be remembered in England but in time he will only be
a footnote in the history books    Fame  rarely lasts
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Musings on 2014 so far « Reply #44 on: August 17, 2014, 01:32 PM »

@benniebone
I disagree. Lol Fred Perry's achievements seemed to be remembered every day for 77 years Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »