Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  MWTC QF: A. Murray [3] vs. J. Wilfried-Tsonga [6] (26th December 2013, 2pm GMT) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Reply
Author

MWTC QF: A. Murray [3] vs. J. Wilfried-Tsonga [6] (26th December 2013, 2pm GMT)

(Read 4447 times)
Connor
John McEnroe

The great British player will be back!

In the first match of the year, Andy will play Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the quarter-finals of the Mubadala World Tennis Championships exhibition. These two last met in the semi-finals of the Queens tournament back in June, where Andy prevailed in three sets and later went on to win the title. Both of these players have been injured coming into this event, with Tsonga making a small resurgence at the end of last season after injuring himself at Wimbledon against Gulbis and Andy not playing since his Davis Cup tie in September with Croatia, where he led Team Great Britain to a World Group berth in 2014.

This match will be taking place on Boxing Day (26th December) at approximately 2pm British time. The winner of this quarter-final match will then go on to play Novak Djokovic for a place in the final.
[ Last edit by GangstaMurray December 25, 2013, 04:27 PM ] IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Eager much ?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

The winner of this quarter-final match will then go on to play Novak Djokovic for a place in the final.
And the loser will go on to play the loser of Ferrer vs Wawrinka, so Andy is at least guaranteed two matches.

Head-to-head 8-1 Murray.

Tsonga may have been injured for most of the season after Wimbledon, but this from GulfNews.com [16 Dec] -

My pre-season training has been going well and I’ll be spending some time in the UAE before the tournament, which will give me a chance to acclimatise to the warm weather. Murray will certainly be a tough opponent but I’m looking forward to playing some competitive tennis again and can’t wait to get in front of the Abu Dhabi crowds.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

This match will be taking place on Boxing Day (26th December) at approximately 2pm British time. The winner of this quarter-final match will then go on to play Novak Djokovic for a place in the final.

I tried to go back to see if you posted a stream link for the match but couldn't track one down. Is that available only closer the date?  This exhibition tournament will be interesting to see who may be ready for the new season?
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

I tried to go back to see if you posted a stream link for the match but couldn't track one down. Is that available only closer the date?  This exhibition tournament will be interesting to see who may be ready for the new season?

Yes marathonarthur, as soon as I get one I'll post it here.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

given Andy will only be flying in the day before it seems, my expectations are pretty low particularly if JW will have been out there a few days.  Clearly it's not a priority for Andy - he just wants some practice matches, having maximised his training and rehab time.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Please can you post it on the appropriate thread.
IP Logged
Tonedial
Challenger Level

WORTH THE WAIT

http://www.mubadalawtc.com/News/NewsDetails/13-12-17/MURRAY_READY_FOR_FIRST_COMPETITIVE_MATCH_AFTER_SEASON-ENDING_INJURY

* 5.sflb.jpg (120.93 KB, 450x375 - viewed 356 times.)
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

hope Andy is able to fly out ok given all the travel disruption. 
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

I think he's already there.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Think he left on sunday with judy.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

I thought someone said he was spotted in Heathrow ie the implication being that he'd stopped off in UK en route to AD?
But I've now seen pic of him and Judy in Dubai training camp on another thread.  Clearly he decided to go out to Dubai and continue training there rather  earlier than he'd originally indicated.  Good move.
[ Last edit by Ruthie December 24, 2013, 11:24 AM ] IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

He was spotted at Heathrow one day, then was flying with Judy the next.  It's likely he stopped off for a 24 pit-stop at home.   I thought Andy had been fairly vague about his plans, with the press and fans making assumptions about what he was doing, but I think he did that deliberately so he could come and go with minimum fuss.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Yes marathonarthur, as soon as I get one I'll post it here.

Thanks.  End of 2013 not good for me as now have a heavy cold too!  House slowly filling up so seeking refuge at my laptop!

Everyone have a good Christmas. Let us hope that whatever the result this tournament is a good starting point for Andy Murray. I think you all need to wait until after Doha to be able to make any predictions for him!?
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »