Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  MWTC QF: A. Murray [3] vs. J. Wilfried-Tsonga [6] (26th December 2013, 2pm GMT) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Down Reply
Author

MWTC QF: A. Murray [3] vs. J. Wilfried-Tsonga [6] (26th December 2013, 2pm GMT)

(Read 4588 times)
Elena
Seed

Didn't realise he'd be playing again tomorrow!

Against my man Stan. DOUBLE BONUS!!   drool

That's at 12.30pm local time, 8.30am for us in UK, and middle of the night for you?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

You never know prodigy, you never know.....

True.

We gonna see what's going on!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Ruthie, Andy was fairly lacklustre against Tipsy last year. I saw that one and seem to remember certain people working themselves up about Brisbane and the AO. Well, Andy won the one and reached the final of the other, so it wasn't so bad.

First and foremost I just think it was nice to see Andy back out there today. He didn't touch his back once that I can recall, which has to be good, and he seemed to be happy enough at the end. I still think he was moving pretty well, and he did play some good stuff. There were some uncharacteristic errors, fair enough, but I don't see anything to panic about. Cometh the hour, cometh the Murray, or to put it another way, when it matters Andy will be ready.
I agree tj - it was just good to see Andy out there again because you can never be sure with back ops.  I did see him touch his back just once after that amazing stretch shot in 1st set but it seemed more like a gingerly testing it out than the frantic clutching of old.  So I'm hoping his big smile at the end indicates that he felt pretty good with how his back held up.  So nice as it would have been to come back with a win, it really signifies nothing that he didn't.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

I seemed to be watching it streamed from Sky Italy so am wondering why Sky can't put it on in Andy's home country.  Perhaps they will show tomorrow morning's match when less other live sport to compete with it?  Might be worth checking.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Hi Jan. I am watching here. You do not have to register. Do not click on any of the ads, but at the bottom right of the screen click onto the full screen.

http://www.sportlemon.tv/20131226/vv52bbe3d28cc1c2.57219929-
712596.html. Thank you for your help. Gave up soon after and went for drinks with Wendy's lovely neighbours
Hence the crummy posting!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Couldn't watch Andy as it wasn't on sky, glad to here he played well and a big sme at the end Smile
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Couldn't watch Andy as it wasn't on sky, glad to here he played well and a big sme at the end Smile

I only recently invested in Sky, mainly because of Andy, so don't know my way round all the bits but the rubbish stream I was watching had Sky and ESPN in the corner.     I tried Sky Sports and found it on Channel 417 and its on again tomorrow with Andy/Stan and 8.30 a.m. our time I think.
I don't know if that helps anyone to see it on TV.     I just loved watching Andy again even if he did lose.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

the rubbish stream I was watching had Sky and ESPN in the corner.

It was Sky Sports Italy.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

It was Sky Sports Italy.

Yes, Ruthie had already said that but she seemed to think it wasn't on Sky TV and I was trying to let her (and others) know that I had watched it on Channel 417.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Yes, Ruthie had already said that but she seemed to think it wasn't on Sky TV and I was trying to let her (and others) know that I had watched it on Channel 417.

Channel 417 is ESPN, so you can't watch it via Sky unless you are subscribed to it.
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

An article which includes a post-match interview with Andy is here   http://rabulleil.blogspot.ae/2013/12/mwtc-murray-positive-despite-defeat-in.html

IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Channel 417 is ESPN, so you can't watch it via Sky unless you are subscribed to it.

Thanks for that TJ.    I didn't know I had subscribed to ESPN but, there you go, I must have done at some point.   I subscribed to Eurosport to get the Davis Cup last time but having decided, at last,  to have Sky,  I've probably gone for everything that will give me either tennis or football.   
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

I only recently invested in Sky, mainly because of Andy, so don't know my way round all the bits but the rubbish stream I was watching had Sky and ESPN in the corner.     I tried Sky Sports and found it on Channel 417 and its on again tomorrow with Andy/Stan and 8.30 a.m. our time I think.
I don't know if that helps anyone to see it on TV.     I just loved watching Andy again even if he did lose.
Yes.....I loved watching him too and win or lose, I'll enjoy watching him again today! No expectations means no nerves and if his road back to full fitness takes a while, then that's fine by me!  Wink
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Having read all the posts I would like to add my pennyworth.
Not a Rafa comeback....Rafa played his first match against much lower players in South America.
Jo- W played very, very well and his serve was exceptional. Andy played some very good tennis and was moving very well. His serve was not firing, but I would have thought he was not working hard on his serve at his rehab as this needs him to put pressure on his back, I'm sure he will now be working on getting his rhythm back.
I was interested to see read that he was not going to do very little post match rehab to see in the morning how his body was. He seemed satisfied how the match went and admitted that he slowed down in the second set. This is very much a try out time and he will progress and be able to do more in Doha, and playing doubles as well will all aid his fitness and get him ready for the AO. I was interested to see him coming up the net and playing some exceptional shots.
As some wrote the doom mongers are still alive and kicking, a leopard cannot change its spots!!
Also pleased to see that there are plenty of the more positive beings also alive and kicking.
I for one am not going to write Andy off and if all progresses as he wants in the next week or so I can see him winning the AO and then well..........
IP Logged
Tonedial
Challenger Level

WORTH THE WAIT

Andy v Stan... http://www.drakulastream.eu/static/popups/1914501021354380.html
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »