Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Today, 12:00 Midnight BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  MWTC QF: A. Murray [3] vs. J. Wilfried-Tsonga [6] (26th December 2013, 2pm GMT) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Reply
Author

MWTC QF: A. Murray [3] vs. J. Wilfried-Tsonga [6] (26th December 2013, 2pm GMT)

(Read 4236 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Missed the Tsonga match and only saw the second half of this one.  Tsonga result was pretty much what I expected but our lad looked good out there just now.  Onwards and upwards! yay
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Really promising stuff from him. Much more than I expected at this early stage.

I'm going back to bed, now. yawn
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

particularly pleasing that he beat Stan after USO.  Despite the dfs the serve looks like it's getting back in groove, with 7 aces.  I see he said in his pressa that it had lost none of its power, which suggests the back has been good.  Both days there was some good net play, which also encouraging.  All in all a promising start.
It was also good to read that Andy had been missing the tour.  While inevitably it will take some time to get back to his peak game, it does suggest he might be playing with revived zest after the post-W come down.
Can't say I enjoy the watching on-line experience though particularly when it keeps breaking up.  But I'm not going to be seduced into signing up for BT broadband etc in order to access the occasional ESPN match, having read how their customer service has gone from bad to worse and nor am I going to pay for BT Sport as don't watch footie.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Missed the Tsonga match and only saw the second half of this one.  Tsonga result was pretty much what I expected but our lad looked good out there just now.  Onwards and upwards! yay

Where the bloody hell have you been!?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Didn't expect him to beat Wawrinka, especially given how the Swiss man has performed in their last two meetings. Great result, even if it is only an exho. Very encouraging.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Where the bloody hell have you been!?
[/

quote]  My gratetful thanks to all those who were able to catch Andy's matches   and give me a flavour of his form by posting comments
 I don't know where Aileen's been but I've been repairing damage  caused by our endless storms this week,walking a frantically bored dog and cooking for the five thousand!
Congrats to Andy the season is on  Marvellous the wait has been worth it
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

anyone know when the draw will be made for Doha?  Can't find it on the tournament website but I guess it will be soon given that it starts on Monday.  I don't suppose Andy will play before Tuesday.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

anyone know when the draw will be made for Doha?  Can't find it on the tournament website but I guess it will be soon given that it starts on Monday.  I don't suppose Andy will play before Tuesday.
Usually done the Saturday before.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Anyone know how Djokovic or Nadal got on?
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

At the moment 4 -3 Ferrer, going with serve.    Djoko later.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

I see Ferrer took 1st set.  The players who have to play the QFs are at an advantage really as they have a match under their belts and are more used to the conditions. 
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

David Ferrer wins 6-4 6-4
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

well well but don't think we can read much into that.  Still good for Ferrer's confidence as he starts working with his new coach.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Missed the Tsonga match and only saw the second half of this one.  Tsonga result was pretty much what I expected but our lad looked good out there just now.  Onwards and upwards! yay

That was very enjoyable, well worth setting the alarm for! I know it's only an exho and doesn't count in h2h but kinda like that his first win on comeback is against the last person to beat him. Some great shots, stuff to work on, sharper than yesterday - and Linda I too had missed the chunterings! We are back on the Murraycoaster - enjoy the ride folks, been a long 3 months!
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

He did look as if he benefitted from having a match yesterday.    Didn't watch it all but he certainly looked more comfortable than Nadal.    Hope the same applies to Jo Wilfried.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »