Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 ... 777 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 494938 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #3795 on: October 20, 2012, 04:02 AM »

Just came across this article, even though it's dated 11 October.  If you remember, Andy spoke last month of the need for a national centre during his Dunblane visit and in fact he and Judy had a discussion there about it with Alex Salmond.  The proposal sounds ideal to me even although it could take some years to come to fruition. Smile

Developer bids for Scottish national tennis academy to be in Armadale

A developer has lodged a bid to open the new Andy Murray tennis academy in West Lothian.

Southdale, in Armadale, has written to the Scottish government urging it to be considered as the location for the new facility.

Southdale is a new development in West Lothian which will have both residential and commercial property.

A tennis club with eight indoor and eight outdoor courts is to be built on the land, next to the new school.

The company behind the development, SDA Ltd, has offered to gift the land for the academy.

SDA said the reopening of the Bathgate-Airdrie Railway line and the new station at Armadale would provide direct trains services to Glasgow and Edinburgh.

It also said two large park and rides are being created north and south of the station and the proposed Academy site is less than 2 miles from the M8 motorway and a new link road out to the A801.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-19909476
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #3796 on: October 20, 2012, 08:37 AM »

Sounds like a good plan dani. 
And good to read that the AM tennis academy idea is beginning to shape up.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #3797 on: October 20, 2012, 12:54 PM »

That would be fantastic only hope it will be started soon. It will be great because the railway would make it so easy to travel to Edinburgh and Glasgow. I wonder if Andy has been informed about this project.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #3798 on: October 20, 2012, 12:59 PM »

Perhaps that was why he flew up to Edinburgh the other day?  If it's his academy I imagine they would have to work with Andy on it lb.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #3799 on: October 20, 2012, 04:25 PM »

What a load of rubbish by Ben Crome

http://oxfordstudent.com/2012/10/18/will-andy-murray-reach-number-one/
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #3800 on: October 20, 2012, 05:09 PM »

That would be fantastic only hope it will be started soon. It will be great because the railway would make it so easy to travel to Edinburgh and Glasgow. I wonder if Andy has been informed about this project.
I imagine he will have - the academy was the idea of himself and Judy.

Perhaps that was why he flew up to Edinburgh the other day?  If it's his academy I imagine they would have to work with Andy on it lb.
That was my thinking too, if in fact it was correct - but I can't see two independent witnesses being wrong especially as it sounded like they were airline staff because he was spotted both in the morning and again in the afternoon.   However, he must have been feeling dead-beat because he only arrived in London on Monday and 7 hours is quite a bit of jetlag to get over.  No wonder he pulled out of Basel, back problem or not.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #3801 on: October 20, 2012, 06:48 PM »

I'll second that zarfeen.  Funnily enough I was reading an old piece on Guardian website earlier where the journalist [not tennis correspondent] was applauding Andy for his reaction to winning USO.  Apart from anything else the guy was clearly in shock.  And he apologised to journalists for not showing how happy he was feeling inside.  Oh I give up on those sour people who refuse to acknowledge what a brilliant tennis player Andy is and that there are different ways of enthralling and engaging the tennis watching public.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #3802 on: October 20, 2012, 07:18 PM »

I got as far as "Upon being asked whether Murray can reach world number one over the next twelve months, the omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent Roger Federer answered, “Yes, he can”. And let’s be honest; if Federer says it, it’s got to be true."  At which point I felt like throwing up, so stopped reading. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #3803 on: October 21, 2012, 06:09 AM »

I got as far as "Upon being asked whether Murray can reach world number one over the next twelve months, the omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent Roger Federer answered, “Yes, he can”. And let’s be honest; if Federer says it, it’s got to be true."  At which point I felt like throwing up, so stopped reading. Rolling Eyes

Yep, that line is just bull****....I was reading that line again and again to see if I read it wrong..
and anyways, the rubbish comes after that Aileen  w00t
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #3804 on: October 21, 2012, 01:13 PM »

lmao lmao lmao
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #3805 on: October 21, 2012, 01:33 PM »

OK, I didn't know where to post this so I am doing it here.

For my school magazine, I am supposed to write an article for sports and the first thing I could think of was to write about Andy's achievement this year (the Olympics and US open).
Due to my tight schedule because of exams and other stuff, I wont be able to write one now...so, I was just thinking if anyone could help me out and come up with an article about this (about a 100 words-just a brief one) ...my deadline is Tuesday so very less time for me..and to my luck, it is gonna be my Math exam on that very day  doh

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #3806 on: October 22, 2012, 04:04 AM »

OK, I didn't know where to post this so I am doing it here.

For my school magazine, I am supposed to write an article for sports and the first thing I could think of was to write about Andy's achievement this year (the Olympics and US open).
Due to my tight schedule because of exams and other stuff, I wont be able to write one now...so, I was just thinking if anyone could help me out and come up with an article about this (about a 100 words-just a brief one) ...my deadline is Tuesday so very less time for me..and to my luck, it is gonna be my Math exam on that very day  doh
Pity I didn't come across your request sooner, Zarfeen, but I'll have a go anyway.  I'm assuming "sports" is divided into sections like hockey, badminton, cricket, tennis (or whatever sports your school plays)?  Also I won't be in the least offended if you want to change what I've written.  I suppose the best way to start is to say that you're a fan of Andy.

"I'm a huge fan of Andy Murray, Britain's No.1 tennis player, and this year has been a special one for me since Andy broke three records.  At Wimbledon he became the first British man for 74 years to reach the final where he was narrowly beaten by Roger Federer.  A few weeks later at the London Olympics he won a gold medal in the men's singles, an achievement last made by a British player in 1908, and also won silver in the mixed doubles.  To cap it all he then went on to win the US Open, which was not only his first Grand Slam victory but ended a 76 year wait for a British male GS winner."

At a quick count I make that 118 words.

Good luck in the Math, a subject at which I was a complete dunce!
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #3807 on: October 22, 2012, 07:22 AM »

Pity I didn't come across your request sooner, Zarfeen, but I'll have a go anyway.  I'm assuming "sports" is divided into sections like hockey, badminton, cricket, tennis (or whatever sports your school plays)?  Also I won't be in the least offended if you want to change what I've written.  I suppose the best way to start is to say that you're a fan of Andy.

"I'm a huge fan of Andy Murray, Britain's No.1 tennis player, and this year has been a special one for me since Andy broke three records.  At Wimbledon he became the first British man for 74 years to reach the final where he was narrowly beaten by Roger Federer.  A few weeks later at the London Olympics he won a gold medal in the men's singles, an achievement last made by a British player in 1908, and also won silver in the mixed doubles.  To cap it all he then went on to win the US Open, which was not only his first Grand Slam victory but ended a 76 year wait for a British male GS winner."

At a quick count I make that 118 words.

Good luck in the Math, a subject at which I was a complete dunce!

Thank you so much Aileen!!!!!!
I actually may need to add a few more lines because my sheet of paper still has a bit of space left which I will have to fill up but that is okay, I will be able to do that. And there will be no corrections or editing in what you have written since it sums up the whole thing in a very pretty manner.
I got a call from my teacher today asking if my article was over and I said I was working on it  w00t

And talking about the Math, it is a subject which I really hate (that is actually an understatement)...I score quite well in it but not without immense hardwork..
Thanks again for the writing and the wishes Ail..
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #3808 on: October 22, 2012, 01:07 PM »

Thank you so much Aileen!!!!!!
I actually may need to add a few more lines because my sheet of paper still has a bit of space left which I will have to fill up but that is okay, I will be able to do that. And there will be no corrections or editing in what you have written since it sums up the whole thing in a very pretty manner.
I got a call from my teacher today asking if my article was over and I said I was working on it  w00t

And talking about the Math, it is a subject which I really hate (that is actually an understatement)...I score quite well in it but not without immense hardwork..
Thanks again for the writing and the wishes Ail..
No problems Zarfeen.  I could have added a bit more myself but obviously wasn't sure just how much space you really had.  Anyway I don't doubt your ability to add the finishing touches. Smile

I hated math so much I didn't even bother trying to work at it.  Never could see the point of having to learn the subject anyway, so well done for persevering!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: News Articles « Reply #3809 on: October 22, 2012, 01:15 PM »

Zarfeen and Aileen.  whip

My son has his mid-terms this week. Should I tell him to get other people to do his work too?  Eyebrow raise.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 ... 777 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »