Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 ... 713 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 414864 times)
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #3825 on: October 22, 2012, 01:49 PM »

Ha ha..
You are very close Aileen.. lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #3826 on: October 22, 2012, 01:53 PM »

Hmm - just lucky for you that I like writing and that it only took me a few minutes to do it.  Scheming little monkey that you are!  Not, of course, that I never did the same thing ... Whistle
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #3827 on: October 22, 2012, 01:56 PM »

Hmm - just lucky for you that I like writing and that it only took me a few minutes to do it.  Scheming little monkey that you are!  Not, of course, that I never did the same thing ... Whistle

Hey, monkeys are cute....
Come on, my parents will be surprised that I didn't write one on my own because I generally do all my work and it will be my brother who will be begging others to help him. Asking someone to do your work once is not a crime.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #3828 on: October 22, 2012, 01:57 PM »

So are you a teacher??
I'm an Educational Assistant, worked with every age group from age 3 to 20, and every subject in the entire school curriculum, from Lifeskills to Calculus.
I prepare and administer programs to assist teachers of students with special needs, from Gifted, ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder), OCD, ADD, ADHD, NOS, CP.. you name it. I also work one-on-one with these students.
These guys have to go more than the extra mile, and it's my job to help them get there.. but it's all down to them.
We have tons of laughs together, but we're always serious about getting down to the job too.
My son is also a stuggling Uni student with Asperger's Syndrome, and spent his entire summer at summer school to catch up on his failed exams from last semester, and is currently repeating his 2nd year, but there is no way he would ever ask someone else to do something which was expected from him.
I didn't mean this to turn into a serious debate, it just touched a chord because it's so close to my heart...so I'll end by saying I'm glad you recovered from your chickenpox and I wish you good luck with your studies, Zarfeen. Smile
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #3829 on: October 22, 2012, 02:04 PM »

First of all Scotnadian, I am really sorry about your son. I hope and pray he is successful and makes you proud.

I didn't really take any offence and yeah, will try to make sure I do my work on my own from now on.

Thanks for the wishes also Scotnadian.

And the main thing, what is your name???
I am sick of typing Scotnadian everytime I address you  w00t
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #3830 on: October 22, 2012, 02:07 PM »

Hey, monkeys are cute....
Come on, my parents will be surprised that I didn't write one on my own because I generally do all my work and it will be my brother who will be begging others to help him. Asking someone to do your work once is not a crime.
I wasn't really criticising you for what you did.  But like I said I would never have done it if it had been school work, and as far as I'm concerned writing for school magazines is an extra-curricular activity, so Shrug
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #3831 on: October 22, 2012, 02:07 PM »

It's Linda Smile
And please don't feel sorry about my son. He is an outstanding young man and I'm already more than proud of him. But thanks for that. hug
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #3832 on: October 22, 2012, 02:10 PM »

I wasn't really criticising you for what you did.  But like I said I would never have done it if it had been school work, and as far as I'm concerned school magazines are extra-curricular, so Shrug

Hey, never took any criticism..I am actually quite good in that since sometimes I fail to understand if someone is insulting me or if it is just for fun...
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #3833 on: October 22, 2012, 02:10 PM »

It's Linda Smile
And please don't feel sorry about my son. He is an outstanding young man and I'm already more than proud of him. But thanks for that. hug

I'm glad to hear that Linda..
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #3834 on: October 22, 2012, 02:36 PM »

Hey, never took any criticism..I am actually quite good in that since sometimes I fail to understand if someone is insulting me or if it is just for fun...
This is where the use of emoticons on this forum comes in very useful, since the spoken word doesn't always translate easily into print, and there's been a few misunderstandings on here for that very reason.  Also look what happened to Andy with his "anyone but England" remark. That came across in cold print is being insulting but the truth was that he actually said it in bantering way during a jokey conversation with Tim Henman, all of which the guy who reported it failed to mention, with very unfortunate consequences for Andy that linger to this day.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #3835 on: October 22, 2012, 02:58 PM »

Yeah, I agree...I try to use the emoticons as much as possible so that people don't misunderstand me.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #3836 on: October 22, 2012, 05:53 PM »

The following three companies have adopted a different approach to extending credit facilities to their customers.

Company A does not give any credit whatsoever and requires payment on delivery (cash on delivery), for which it offers a 1% discount. Company B offers a 30-day credit period and receives payments on time, while Company C offers the same 30-day credit terms, but its customers normally take 90 days to pay. However, Company C charges interest of 12% per annum on late payments.

All three companies have annual sales of £60,000 and a net profit margin (before credit cost) of 5%.

The company finances its operations with money from its overdraft account at a cost of 12% per annum.

You are required to:

a) Calculate the net profit for each company.

b) Calculate a revised profit figure for Company A, if it does not offer any prompt payment discount.

c) Calculate a revised profit figure for Company C, if it stops charging its customers interest on their late payments.

- - - - - - - - - -

Go.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: News Articles « Reply #3837 on: October 22, 2012, 05:56 PM »

^  whats this got to do with glide navigation ?  Think
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #3838 on: October 22, 2012, 06:14 PM »

^ are we all sharing our homework now?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #3839 on: October 22, 2012, 06:22 PM »

^ I thought this thread was about articles relating to Andy.  Has he unknown to us moved into the world of finance/computing?  confused
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 ... 713 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »