Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 ... 713 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 415501 times)
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: News Articles « Reply #3990 on: November 10, 2012, 06:20 PM »

http://www.linkeballen.nl/Archief/tabid/61/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/1922/Opsporing-verzocht-Gele-broek.aspx

Message from the fashion police, a dutch satiric column about the yellow pants (links only work in original text), wirh google translate it is:

The fashion police calls your attention to the following: Since this week the Scottish tennis player Andy Murray in London spotted in a yellow pants. The yellow pants Murray does not seem like previous posts stolen to the folk singer Dries Roelvink, but it is so ugly that the fashion police hope that Murray, who on Dutch television as Murrie goes through life, the pants never in the public tennis area attracts. After the german tennis on football socks and the successful elimination of pirate pants Rafa Nadal, the yellow pants Murray a new low in the tennis fashion history where no ticket from the fashion police is sufficient. It is the fashion police are dedicated to providing the yellow pants as soon as possible to get hold of the offender to him in the interest of the sports fan forever disappear. The fashion police warns that the live show of the yellow pants not only serious permanent eye damage can result, but also a sense of irritation can call if you're a fan of the traditional pant. If the offender this week unexpectedly again see tennis in his yellow pants, please call 0900-YELLOW PANTS. You can also contact your local fashion police. End of message. Smile

That's quite right too. Awful colour! Give him a fine Smile
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #3991 on: November 10, 2012, 09:26 PM »

Andy Murray last night received an endorsement from Roger Federer that he is entrenched at the summit of the game for years to come.

Murray today hopes to plunder another piece of silverware to crown a remarkable year.

In the next 36 hours, he could win the Barclays ATP World Tour Championship at the O2 Arena to place alongside the US Open trophy and the Olympic gold and silver medals he won at Wimbledon.

'It would be a great way to finish the year,' said Murray. 'But whatever happens, I've had the best year of my life.'

While he had to wait until late last night to discover if he will play Federer or Juan Martin Del Potro in the semi-finals of the championships, the British No 1 has placed a marker that will not be easily displaced.

Federer acknowledged the turning point in Murray's career can be traced to the day when the Scot denied the Swiss an Olympic gold, four weeks after Federer had beaten the 25-yearold in the Wimbledon final.

'You can say it sort of started for Andy at the Olympics,' said Federer, widely recognised as the greatest player in the history of the game.

'Now he's up there - and he will be for a very long time.'

Federer, 31, recalled how Murray reacted positively to the disappointment of losing a third Grand Slam final to him, unlike the previous occasion when the Briton went into depression after being beaten in the 2010 Australian Open.

'Andy set himself a goal (this summer), like I did, that we hoped we could win either Wimbledon or the Olympics. His drive was so strong at the end that it carried him through. I had already got Wimbledon, and I had the silver, so maybe the last extra motivation was missing even though I gave it everything. But Andy did great.

'I always hoped he'd have a reaction like this, to be honest; even though it cost me a gold. I was disappointed with his reaction after the Australian Open final when I beat him. Then, he had a bad spell. Instead of taking positives out of a great tournament, he took the negatives. I don't think he made that mistake again after Wimbledon. That's the sign of a champion.'

Murray admitted that winning at the Olympics was a confidence boost. 'Winning gold was incredible, the biggest success of my career at the time; and it was followed with a silver medal in the mixed doubles with Laura Robson,' he said.

But his joy was surpassed when he beat world No 1 Novak Djokovic, also in the last four of the ATP Championship, in the US Open final.

'I would now have to say that was the biggest moment of my life,' he added. Murray now wants a title Federer has won six times.

The Swiss was beaten 7-6, 4-6, 6-3 yesterday as Del Potro secured his place in the last four, but the clash between David Ferrer and Janko Tipsarevic will determine the semi-final line-up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2230936/Roger-Federer-Andy-Murray-rule-years.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #3992 on: November 10, 2012, 11:17 PM »

Not happy about the timing of that from Federer, sounds like mind games to me.. Hopefully Andy will just focus on the match and not worry about Roger Federer giving him permission to be the dominant player for the next how many years
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: News Articles « Reply #3993 on: November 10, 2012, 11:44 PM »

Not happy about the timing of that from Federer, sounds like mind games to me.. Hopefully Andy will just focus on the match and not worry about Roger Federer giving him permission to be the dominant player for the next how many years
I've read that Andy doesn't read the press or watch TV at crucial times. He will, no doubt be shielded from the media by his advisors, so mind games don't worry me at all.
[ Last edit by lashurst November 10, 2012, 11:58 PM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #3994 on: November 10, 2012, 11:46 PM »

Some more typical Federer responses there.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #3995 on: November 10, 2012, 11:59 PM »

To briefly play Devil's advocate, a role that doesn't suit me considering I wouldn't trust Federer as far as I could spit, I suppose he has been asked a question about Andy and he has answered, but I do think he plays mind games.

I think Andy is wise to stay out of anything that anyone says. While it must be nice in a sense to be considered a huge contender (he clearly is) by his peers, it could also be a distraction to get caught up in what so and so thinks. I'm glad Andy has his feet on the ground when it comes to these things. I will be extra specially delighted if Andy beats Federer tomorrow and demonstrates once again how entrenched at the top of the game he is now.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #3996 on: November 11, 2012, 12:23 AM »

Roger does praise Andy, but in the process manages to remind everyone of two of his own victories over him!

I was listening to Roger "praising" Ferrer after Thursday's match, saying that he always enjoyed playing him "not just because of the 14-0 record, but because ...." 

Once you've spotted his style, it's incredible.  Incredibly funny some days, but then you realise that fairly intelligent people genuinely believe he is being humble and gracious and generous etc.
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #3997 on: November 11, 2012, 12:27 AM »

Roger does praise Andy, but in the process manages to remind everyone of two of his own victories over him!  Once you've spotted his style, it's incredible.

He is the king of the back-handed compliment.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #3998 on: November 11, 2012, 04:44 AM »

He is the king of the back-handed compliment.

Nicely said TD!
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #3999 on: November 11, 2012, 06:53 AM »

"I think he played a bit better (at the Olympics) than maybe in the Wimbledon finals," Federer told reporters. Maybe I allowed him to play a little bit better"

Yeah, right...
a bit better? He thrashed you, fool.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4000 on: November 11, 2012, 01:07 PM »

"I think he played a bit better (at the Olympics) than maybe in the Wimbledon finals," Federer told reporters. Maybe I allowed him to play a little bit better"

Yeah, right...
a bit better? He thrashed you, fool.

I couldn't have said that better myself lol.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #4001 on: November 12, 2012, 10:22 AM »

Andy Murray column: Hard work worth it this year

It's tough to sum up the last year in one word but if I had to it would be 'motivational'.

Sometimes when you lose a tough match or a big final, you spend the next few days thinking, 'Is it worth it? Is all the training making a difference? Will I ever be good enough to win one of these big events.'

I've been through so many highs and lows already throughout my career, and to experience the sort of highs that I did in the summer made me realise it absolutely was worth it.

I finally did it, and it's given me a lot of motivation going into next year to keep working on my game, keep improving. That will be the main thing I'll take from this year.
I have an even bigger challenge before that though - what do you buy Ivan Lendl for Christmas? A sense of humour, maybe?

Only joking!

Ivan has helped me a lot this year, working with him is one of the best decisions I've made in my career and I know he'll keep pushing me hard to achieve even more. We'll be meeting up in Florida for my winter training block next month, so I'd better stay on his good side!

He lives about three-and-a-half hours away from Miami, so when we train we meet halfway. He's actually coming back to London and playing McEnroe at the Albert Hall first, so I'll have to hear all about that. I think it's fair to say that's a grudge match. And I definitely need to have a think about a Christmas present for him, so any ideas would be welcome.

When we get down to the serious business of training, I know what to expect: Pain.

The endurance sessions are the hardest ones because lifting weights isn't that painful - you can either lift it or you can't - whereas when you do an endurance session it depends how much you want to push yourself.

Most people would normally stop when they're struggling to breathe but if you push yourself through that, you might feel horrible at the time but you'll feel better once you get off the machine or the track. It's pushing it that extra bit that makes all the difference.

Having said that, there are limits. I've never actually got as far as vomiting in training - I don't necessarily agree with that philosophy as your body's clearly not ready to do that type of thing - but I've certainly felt like it. Many, many times I've ended a session flat on my back with the world spinning above me.

I've been exercising so much since I was 14 or 15 years old that I can't imagine not doing it, and if I wasn't an athlete I think I'd definitely still keep in shape. I love playing other sports, so I'd find playing football more fun than going for a run for 30 minutes, but when I don't exercise I can only last for four or five days before I start to need it.

I'll have to think about that when I choose where I'm going to go on holiday in the next couple of weeks. As long as it's a nice relaxing place I don't mind if it's in the snow, on the beach or wherever. I actually like the snow a lot, and we're going to be in Miami for four weeks and then we're going over to Australia, so that might be a good idea.

The off-season is a couple of weeks longer this year so it gives me a bit more time to fit in a holiday, training in Florida, and then come back to spend Christmas at home for the first time in four years.

Which brings me back to the question of presents. I always end up doing it last minute - I know I shouldn't because it always stresses me out - but I promise I do put some thought into it.

I prefer to go out to the shops myself as I don't really trust ordering stuff off the internet.

My brother likes to do that, and he's been burnt a couple of times when it turns up three days late or two sizes too small, so you might see me racing round the shops trying to find the perfect gift for Ivan!

And one last thing - I want to say thanks for all your support this year, it's been incredible. I would have loved to have finished with a win at the O2 but Roger played great, and hopefully we'll have many more battles next year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/20293141
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4002 on: November 12, 2012, 10:33 AM »

love it  Very Happy
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #4003 on: November 12, 2012, 10:34 AM »

Ok, I admit it, he made me teary when I read that column...
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4004 on: November 12, 2012, 10:42 AM »

That's a great column from Andy. I love his sense of humour.

Andy should buy Lendl a boxing glove. He could use it to whack idiot journalists and pundits when they ask him stupid questions!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 ... 713 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »