Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 ... 721 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 426909 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #4440 on: December 20, 2012, 03:00 PM »

Yes, thanks - that's the pic I had in mind.

MW was on fire by the time Andy got to the final.  Little did we know what was coming up next!!

No problem.A wonderful image from a wonderful day!

I really wish I'd found the site before I did.It's still a mystery to me how I was a fan doing so much "Andy googling" for so long before I found it!I'd have loved to have been chatting with everyone on here-and to share the joy and excitement of that week with everyone would've been amazing!Still,I found the site in time for the USO-and to be on here for that was just brilliant Very Happy
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #4441 on: December 20, 2012, 03:05 PM »

Dani & Aileen.. sounds like you are both talking about (what I call) the Deranged Stalker Video. lmao I thought it was funny, but I too loved the moment between Andy and Kim. Thanks.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #4442 on: December 20, 2012, 03:09 PM »

Craig.. you are a Hero!! Thanks for that article.

I'm impressed at how Lendl can detach himself emotionally in order to keep at the task in hand. I found his comments about the Wimbledon loss very interesting.
Sounds like great team-work all round.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #4443 on: December 20, 2012, 03:19 PM »

Hi Dani and all,

I only found this place just after Wimbledon, and I'm so glad I did.

Being around here for the Olympics was fantastic. I don't think I'll ever forget how utterly jubilant we all were when Andy won the gold. It was wonderful. It wasn't just the win either, at least I don't think, but the manner of it, and how well Andy had played for the vast majority of the 9 days. I think the only time we all got a bit jittery was during the third round against Baghdatis, although I still feel that playing under the roof for the first two matches and then playing in the wind against Baggy was a factor in Andy losing that first set. After that it was normal service as usual, and Andy's serve wasn't broken again - amazing when you think he played Djokovic and Federer back to back.

I suppose the only downer from that time was Andy and Jamie losing in the first round in the doubles, but in retrospect I think it helped him.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #4444 on: December 20, 2012, 03:23 PM »

Craig, you beat me to it with the Times article lol. I jus downloaded it to my kindle and was going to type it up. You've saved me some work, bless you.

I love Lendl's way with words lol. He's so straightforward, what you see is definitely what you get. Also, I love the sense of the whole team effort behind Andy, and how Lendl is so respectful of the part they all play.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: News Articles « Reply #4445 on: December 20, 2012, 05:48 PM »

Hi all, I am currently creating a book full of articles about Andy from the Times from 2004 to present.

Here is a quick preview before the full book is up on Monday.

* Andy Murray Articles.pdf (230.22 KB - downloaded 93 times.)
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4446 on: December 20, 2012, 06:25 PM »

Hi all, I am currently creating a book full of articles about Andy from the Times from 2004 to present.

I can only get the front cover but that is awesome!  Thanks Craig. Smile
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #4447 on: December 20, 2012, 06:32 PM »

Brilliant article and one which shows just how harmoniously they work together as a team.  Long may it continue.

Really like this bit though -  not a man to mince his words! Whistle  In the morning session, playing sets against Jamie Baker, a fellow Scot, he ran down a drop shot and tried a floppy lob that floated over the baseline. Lendl gave me one of those looks. “I think Andy is too nice sometimes,” he said. “He knew what I wanted. I wanted it buried, either in the corner or in the guy’s nuts, but bury it somewhere. You can only play the way you practise — there’s no way you’re going to play differently than the way you practise.
  Beat me to it Aileen - that's nub of the article for me. Now we know the secret! ( as if we couldn't have guessed)
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4448 on: December 20, 2012, 06:37 PM »

Craig, this is fantastic! Well done and many thanks from me and from all at MW. How you have the time and patience, I don't know, but I am impressed.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: News Articles « Reply #4449 on: December 20, 2012, 06:38 PM »

This looks amazing Craig, thanks very much! Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4450 on: December 20, 2012, 06:38 PM »

Beat me to it Aileen - that's nub of the article for me. Now we know the secret! ( as if we couldn't have guessed)
I think Andy's still got a bit of work to do on that killer instinct, but it will come - Lendl will make sure of that!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #4451 on: December 20, 2012, 06:58 PM »

Wow, Craig! Haven't time to read right now, but did take a quick peek. You must have spent some significant man-hours on that.
Thanks for all your impressive contributions to MW. Smile
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4452 on: December 20, 2012, 07:20 PM »

Craig thanks so much for posting the interview with Lendl.  Really liked the way he talked about the team work and his attitude towards coaching Andy. Managed to say so much without giving anything away about what they're working on.
Looking forward to your book of articles - what a labour of love.
And those of you who are sad you hadn't found MW by the time of the Olympics, remember you were also spared some less happy times like Queens!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #4453 on: December 20, 2012, 07:38 PM »

I see Sports Illustrated ranked Andy's USO win at #20 out of the 112 best sports moments of 2012.

What will you remember about 2012? The historic? Hysterical? Or the heart-stopping? Any way you look at it, the past year in sports had an overwhelming number of fascinating moments. How overwhelming? Just try to narrow down -- and rank-- the best of the best. It was a mission. So here is our completely subjective, entirely debatable ranking of the 112 (an unpredictable year deserves an unpredictable number) most mystifying, monumental, mesmerizing and magical moments, memes and memories of 2012.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/specials/best-sports-moments-of-2012/#ixzz2FcfD5600
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4454 on: December 20, 2012, 09:20 PM »

I see Sports Illustrated ranked Andy's USO win at #20 out of the 112 best sports moments of 2012.

What will you remember about 2012? The historic? Hysterical? Or the heart-stopping? Any way you look at it, the past year in sports had an overwhelming number of fascinating moments. How overwhelming? Just try to narrow down -- and rank-- the best of the best. It was a mission. So here is our completely subjective, entirely debatable ranking of the 112 (an unpredictable year deserves an unpredictable number) most mystifying, monumental, mesmerizing and magical moments, memes and memories of 2012.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/specials/best-sports-moments-of-2012/#ixzz2FcfD5600
20 out of 112 yay  Felt sad at seeing the other Andy though (#54).  I'm going to miss him. Very Sad

I love that pic of Andy.  Says it all really.
[ Last edit by Aileen December 20, 2012, 09:43 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 ... 721 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »