Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 ... 754 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 462889 times)
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #4485 on: December 21, 2012, 07:13 PM »

So the Mayans were right - if Andy has the endorsement of The London Evening Standard, whose comment fora have hosted hundreds of miserable-Scotch-git-that-doesn't-support-England-will-never-win-a-slam posts over the years, then the New Age has definitely arrived!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4486 on: December 21, 2012, 07:54 PM »

lmao

Thanks for posting these articles flowerpower.  Personally I can't wait to see Andy the Beast being unleashed in Oz!  But Lendl's right - Andy does need to develop that killer instinct more.  It's always been there but somehow got subdued (maybe after the 2010 AO?).  There have been signs of it returning recently but now's the time to let it rip.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4487 on: December 21, 2012, 08:03 PM »

Anyone like to join me in contributing to the debate in the Bleacher Report as to which player will have the best 2013?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1453636-debate-who-will-have-the-best-2013?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=tennis
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4488 on: December 21, 2012, 08:41 PM »

Anyone like to join me in contributing to the debate in the Bleacher Report as to which player will have the best 2013?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1453636-debate-who-will-have-the-best-2013?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=tennis
I've voted with you Aileen, but I'm keeping my data away from Facebook, thanks very much!
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #4489 on: December 21, 2012, 09:45 PM »

Me too Aileen
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4490 on: December 21, 2012, 11:39 PM »

Thanks both of you for voting. Smile   I see I've notched up 11 votes so far and am equal with the Fed fan!  Meanwhile the other Andy fan (Cathrene) is on 10.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: News Articles « Reply #4491 on: December 22, 2012, 12:51 PM »

Nadal; tennis owed Andy something...

nice!

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/tennis/news/nadal-murray-deserved-grand-slam-title_60548.html
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4492 on: December 22, 2012, 02:03 PM »

Thanks for posting.  Nadal has always been gracious towards Andy, as has Djokovic, which is always lovely to see - and I do think their sincerity is genuine.

I liked the comment - "If you really believe in yourself, it doesn't matter if you were leading by two sets to love and the opponent comes back."  Well Andy proved once and for all that he does have that belief, even if his fans were reduced to nervous wrecks by the 5th set!
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #4493 on: December 22, 2012, 02:41 PM »

Very nice indeed. Quite a philosopher. Just read the full Times article and Rafa is clearly still very unsure of how his knee will hold up in AbDab - any serious twinges and he's off, apparently. Lovely guy, but I wonder what the future holds for him.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4494 on: December 22, 2012, 03:10 PM »

Very nice indeed. Quite a philosopher. Just read the full Times article and Rafa is clearly still very unsure of how his knee will hold up in AbDab - any serious twinges and he's off, apparently. Lovely guy, but I wonder what the future holds for him.
I read this in the Bleacher Report - and it does not sound good. Frown   Apart from the fact that he's bound to be nervous, how can he focus on his game if his mind is worrying about his knee?  I suppose he elected to play in AD because it's an exhibition and therefore not so stressful.

Nadal 'prepared to accept' his knee 'may not respond well at the beginning'

MADRID (AP) — Rafael Nadal says he is nervous about his return to tennis after a seven-month layoff and believes it may be some time before his injured knee is completely healed.

Nadal told Canal Plus television Friday that "I'm prepared to accept that my knee may not respond well at the beginning." He has considered playing off and on during the first three months of 2013.

The 26-year-old Spaniard is set to play in Abu Dhabi on Dec. 27. It will be his first match since he was sidelined with tendinitis in his left knee after a second-round loss to 100th-ranked Lukas Rosol at Wimbledon in June.

Nadal says his goal is to be back in top form for Monte Carlo in April.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d9ctG?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=tennis
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #4495 on: December 22, 2012, 03:47 PM »

Nadal will be 27 this coming year. I still remember when he was a teen winning Roland Garros for the first time. Was it really that long ago?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #4496 on: December 22, 2012, 04:57 PM »

Good to read so many positive end of year reports about Andy. And also what he says about his successes motivating him to achieve more.  I did have a teeny fear at one point that perhaps he was so focused on winning a GS that his motivation might then falter.  But I don't think there's any fear of that at all now.
Sorry tried the Bleacher link Aileen but it froze my pc so won't try again right now
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #4497 on: December 22, 2012, 05:09 PM »

Sorry tried the Bleacher link Aileen but it froze my pc so won't try again right now
You don't need to.  I copied over the entire article because it's so short.  Also the link did something funny to my computer as well.  I though it was going to freeze but it sorted itself out.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #4498 on: December 23, 2012, 12:32 PM »

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4711175/Double-Olympic-champ-Mo-Farah-is-set-to-be-given-a-CBE-in-the-New-Years-Honours-list-from-the-Queen.html

Wonder what gong Andy will receive? I'll be happy with a whateverletterBE and the knighthood will come when Andy retires a 5 TIME Slam winner!
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #4499 on: December 23, 2012, 12:50 PM »

I wish Fed could learn from Rafa and Nole....they seem to appreciate Andy's talent wholeheartedly which Fed fails to do..
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 ... 754 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »