Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 2 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 426 [427] 428 429 430 ... 738 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 445097 times)
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #6390 on: June 06, 2013, 12:13 PM »

Hope you get better soon teejay I too like your posts and you are always straight to the point. I hope you get your voice back soon I know it will irritate you that you can't speak. As they say everything comes to those who wait. So be patient.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #6391 on: June 06, 2013, 05:22 PM »

Hope you get better soon teejay I too like your posts and you are always straight to the point. I hope you get your voice back soon I know it will irritate you that you can't speak. As they say everything comes to those who wait. So be patient.

Thanks LB. I don't know about straight to the point. I think I'm probably the worst for taking a detour before I get to the point, but thanks so much anyway!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #6392 on: June 06, 2013, 08:04 PM »

Here's a nice wee article from the mirror ......not telling us anything we don't already know but nice nonetheless

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/tennis/wimbledon-2013-can-andy-murray-1935641
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6393 on: June 06, 2013, 08:41 PM »

It's a bit out of date with some of those stats - 22 titles?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #6394 on: June 06, 2013, 09:07 PM »

It's a bit out of date with some of those stats - 22 titles?

And 8 Masters titles apparently. I'm trying to work out if the writer knows nothing about Andy, or nothing about the sport. Either that or they can't count.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6395 on: June 06, 2013, 09:38 PM »

The strengths and weaknesses is something I've read before, so I'm thinking most of it is a copy and paste job they forgot to update.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #6396 on: June 06, 2013, 09:50 PM »

think of it like this tj -many many more people can 'hear' you here on MW than in your living room - so just keep on posting.  But joking apart sorry that you're having problems with your voice again.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #6397 on: June 06, 2013, 10:48 PM »

think of it like this tj -many many more people can 'hear' you here on MW than in your living room - so just keep on posting.  But joking apart sorry that you're having problems with your voice again.

Very true Ruthie lol. Seriously, anyone standing more than three feet away would never hear me. It's great I can come on here and be heard around the world lol. It's company for me too, in all seriousness. I find being without my voice quite isolating, so being able to talk on here is great for me.

Thanks. The good thing is that the doctor took me seriously this time. I don't know if we'll ever get to why I'm so prone to laryngitis, but having someone actually listen and appreciate the problems it causes, was good for me. The down side is that when I dealt with ENT last time it took them weeks to see me, then weeks to refer me to speech therapy. Speech therapy worked in about six weeks. That means no voice for Queen's or Wimbledon (I'll be a wreck!) and maybe none until the USO at least! That padded cell might be beckoning!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #6398 on: June 07, 2013, 03:29 AM »

Here's a nice wee article from the mirror ......not telling us anything we don't already know but nice nonetheless

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/tennis/wimbledon-2013-can-andy-murray-1935641
Good article - but what a dreadful photo of Andy at the end!  It would terrify the life out of little children. lol
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6399 on: June 07, 2013, 11:36 PM »

Some interesting comments by Fibak on Andy and Lendl in this Telegraph article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/10106660/Aegon-Championships-2013-the-forgotten-man-who-has-helped-shape-Andy-Murrays-career.html

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #6400 on: June 08, 2013, 12:40 AM »

A very informative read.  Thanks. Smile
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6401 on: June 08, 2013, 01:26 AM »

“You see that nonchalant, phlegmatic side of him during matches, which is a shame because you would expect Scottish people to be more aggressive."

Why does he expect that?

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #6402 on: June 08, 2013, 02:04 AM »

“You see that nonchalant, phlegmatic side of him during matches, which is a shame because you would expect Scottish people to be more aggressive."

Why does he expect that?
I noticed that too.  Perhaps he's basing it on the fact that Scots were renowned for their fighting spirit, particularly in battle, only he's chosen to translate that as aggressiveness?
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6403 on: June 08, 2013, 08:11 AM »

Aggressiveness can be translated many ways - it doesn't have to mean that he wants players to look like they are about to whack their opponent.  In the tennis world, it's usually meant in the way you say Aileen - as having fighting spirit, and generally being "up for it".  In this case, up for a tennis battle - not mugging old ladies.  Or so I presume from the context, lol. lol
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: News Articles « Reply #6404 on: June 08, 2013, 09:18 AM »

Thanks Match point , Just read it, interesting, can't wait to watch Andy next week .
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 426 [427] 428 429 430 ... 738 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »