Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 1 Member and 9 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 439 [440] 441 442 443 ... 726 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 435501 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #6585 on: June 23, 2013, 11:31 AM »

thanks for rubbing it in robbie along with the suntan oil - as we look out on the rain  Frown
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Articles « Reply #6586 on: June 23, 2013, 11:57 AM »

thanks for rubbing it in robbie along with the suntan oil - as we look out on the rain  Frown
Don't worry Ruthie......The best weather is just being saved for the next two weeks!  yay
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #6587 on: June 23, 2013, 12:33 PM »

Don't worry Ruthie......The best weather is just being saved for the next two weeks!  yay

yes

Been keeping an eye an London weather its looking pretty fine bar a few rogue showers.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #6588 on: June 23, 2013, 12:41 PM »

yes

Been keeping an eye an London weather its looking pretty fine bar a few rogue showers.
The forecast for the first week is definately good Angie, but for the second week I'm just hoping and  pray! #noclosedroofs
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #6589 on: June 23, 2013, 01:04 PM »

yes looking good enough for week one. And certainly noclosedroofs at least on any day smugfed is playing
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #6590 on: June 23, 2013, 01:08 PM »

We must be 'praying from the same prayer book' Ruthie!  Whistle My thoughts exactly!
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: News Articles « Reply #6591 on: June 23, 2013, 04:17 PM »

An Andy-related extract from Pat Cash's article in the Sunday Times:

Why I back Nadal to defy this absurd seeding

"So in the last four Murray is the probable opponent and after the Scot's back injury I'm wondering if he will be sufficiently strong, physically and mentally, to last back-to-back five-set matches. The only times Murray has beaten Nadal in Grand Slam matches has been when Rafa was playing hurt: the US Open in 2008 and the Australian Open in 2010. Since the Scot reached the final of the Australian Open in January he hasn't enjoyed the greatest of years by the lofty standards we expect from him. He won the Miami Masters title in March and Queen's last week but he didn't have to beat another member of the top four to claim either trophy. To win Wimbledon I'm sure he'll have to beat two of them, back to back over the best of five sets. He has never managed that and, sadly, I'm not sure he'll do it this time."

----------

Have I missed something here, or am I right in thinking that Rafa wasn't injured at all in their US Open match that Andy won? And in their Australian Open match, didn't Rafa get injured only after Andy had a 2 set lead anyway, with Andy always looking like the likely winner.

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #6592 on: June 23, 2013, 04:27 PM »

Ooh crocodile tears from Cash when he writes 'sadly'.  He's often quick to be down on Andy and yes Katie I don't recall Rafa being injured in the USO 2008.  Hope he'll be eating his chequered headband this time in 2 weeks time
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #6593 on: June 23, 2013, 04:33 PM »

Pat Cash will always back anyone but Andy, so I never expect anything from him.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #6594 on: June 23, 2013, 04:48 PM »

Down with the Roof!
Or do I mean Up with the Roof!

Whistle
Cash has a huge ego, seems to me. yawn
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: News Articles « Reply #6595 on: June 23, 2013, 05:11 PM »

Ooh crocodile tears from Cash when he writes 'sadly'.  He's often quick to be down on Andy and yes Katie I don't recall Rafa being injured in the USO 2008.  Hope he'll be eating his chequered headband this time in 2 weeks time

Hopefully he will! I don't think he usually gets his predictions right anyway so perhaps it's a good omen he's backing Rafa...

I don't mind so much the pundits having an opinion, but do get annoyed when they get their facts totally wrong. Like in this article, where apparently Andy only had 1 Masters title at the beginning of 2010!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: News Articles « Reply #6596 on: June 23, 2013, 05:37 PM »

Katie and Ruthie  Abousltley right, just read the article and thought exactly the same , thought he was quite rude , he is just pissed off Aussies can't win anything at the moment. Wink 
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: News Articles « Reply #6597 on: June 23, 2013, 07:41 PM »

Pat Cash will always back anyone but Andy, so I never expect anything from him.
He's always the same regarding Andy. Some of PC other tennis articles can be interesting though.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: News Articles « Reply #6598 on: June 23, 2013, 08:14 PM »

An Andy-related extract from Pat Cash's article in the Sunday Times:

Why I back Nadal to defy this absurd seeding

"So in the last four Murray is the probable opponent and after the Scot's back injury I'm wondering if he will be sufficiently strong, physically and mentally, to last back-to-back five-set matches. The only times Murray has beaten Nadal in Grand Slam matches has been when Rafa was playing hurt: the US Open in 2008 and the Australian Open in 2010. Since the Scot reached the final of the Australian Open in January he hasn't enjoyed the greatest of years by the lofty standards we expect from him. He won the Miami Masters title in March and Queen's last week but he didn't have to beat another member of the top four to claim either trophy. To win Wimbledon I'm sure he'll have to beat two of them, back to back over the best of five sets. He has never managed that and, sadly, I'm not sure he'll do it this time."

----------

Have I missed something here, or am I right in thinking that Rafa wasn't injured at all in their US Open match that Andy won? And in their Australian Open match, didn't Rafa get injured only after Andy had a 2 set lead anyway, with Andy always looking like the likely winner.

Nadal was actually injured during that match, but Cash is just jealous because Murray will get more praise for winning then he did in his day.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6599 on: June 23, 2013, 08:32 PM »

Don't particularly mind Pat Cash but he does tend to talk out of his backside at times.  Having had discussions in the past on MW about the best players never to win a Slam perhaps we should consider the 'worst' players to win one.  Cash will be up there.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 439 [440] 441 442 443 ... 726 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »