Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 441 [442] 443 444 445 ... 754 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 464709 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #6615 on: June 24, 2013, 02:09 AM »

Why?

Croft doesn't hate Andy.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6616 on: June 24, 2013, 02:21 AM »

Why?

Croft doesn't hate Andy.

lol what's hate have to do with it? i'm pretty sure she doesn't hate Andy, but in the past she has generally been cold towards him and his personality, that's where the surprise comes from
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6617 on: June 24, 2013, 02:38 AM »

John Inverdale, BBC Sport presenter

I can't see Novak Djokovic losing. He would have won the French but for it being on clay, and he has the most weapons at his disposal.

What an odd thing to say.
[ Last edit by IonaRed June 24, 2013, 02:56 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #6618 on: June 24, 2013, 07:01 AM »

^ Lol, isn't that known as "Colman Balls?"
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #6619 on: June 24, 2013, 08:40 AM »

http://www.andymurray.com/news-and-blog/andy-continues-support-of-the-royal-marsden/
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #6620 on: June 24, 2013, 08:51 AM »

It's nice to see a number of pundits backing Andy.

Straight away you can discount Inverdale. He knows nothing about tennis. What the hell does he think the French would be played on if not clay? As for his take on Djokovic's game, that's crap. Djokovic is basically one-dimensional. He does that one dimension very well, but still. Andy has variety in his game Djokovic can only dream of.

Lloyd was never going to back Andy. The same could be said for Mercer. Patronising git.

Andrew Cotter just states the patently obvious, so him backing Novak means nothing.

Sam Smith makes me smile. I get the feeling she's only backed Nadal because she's scared to back Andy!

I think Castle's take on Andy playing with joy at Queen's is true. There was an eagerness about him, an urgency, that lit him and the tournament up. If he takes that to SW19 he will be tough to beat.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: News Articles « Reply #6621 on: June 24, 2013, 08:54 AM »

Oh that's so nice Angie , Such a lovely Guy, but we all knew that Smile
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #6622 on: June 24, 2013, 01:45 PM »

Nadal was actually injured during that match, but Cash is just jealous because Murray will get more praise for winning then he did in his day.
Nadal was certainly not injured during the USO match.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #6623 on: June 24, 2013, 01:49 PM »

See, this is why I hate the build up to Wimbledon. Some past it former winner opens their trap and thinks they have a right to put Andy down, and they get their facts wrong.

I've only seen the 2008 USO semi on youtube, I didn't have Sky then, but no way was Nadal injured. Andy was already two sets up on Nadal in 2010 when Nadal inexplicably retired. Didn't Andy beat Nadal in 2011 in Australia too?

It's not Andy's fault he didn't have to beat Federer, Nadal or Djokovic to win Miami and Queen's. Cash manages to insult Andy there, but also Ferrer and Cilic. How rude.

I wonder if Cash is on Twitter. If he is, would one of you please tweet him and put him straight? He needs telling what utter rubbish he is spouting.
You're getting your matches mixed up.

2008 was Andy's breakthrough year. He was fresh off his first Masters win in Cinci, went into the USO in great form and then beat Nadal for the first time in four tough sets. Nadal showed absolutely no signs of injury throughout that tournament, and any claims afterwards that he was are pure crap.

Australian Open he really shouldn't have had any problems. He may have lacked match practice, but he'd been playing since late 2009 and had had all winter to get himself back in shape after the 2009 injury. Murray outplays him for two sets and, oh, look, he's apparently injured now. I personally think he just didn't want to face the embarrassment of a straight-set thrashing in a Slam. Funnily enough he was fine after that tournament.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #6624 on: June 24, 2013, 02:11 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/06/24/andy-murray-wimbledon-years_n_3489185.html?utm_hp_ref=andy-murray
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #6625 on: June 24, 2013, 02:17 PM »

You're getting your matches mixed up.

2008 was Andy's breakthrough year. He was fresh off his first Masters win in Cinci, went into the USO in great form and then beat Nadal for the first time in four tough sets. Nadal showed absolutely no signs of injury throughout that tournament, and any claims afterwards that he was are pure crap.

Australian Open he really shouldn't have had any problems. He may have lacked match practice, but he'd been playing since late 2009 and had had all winter to get himself back in shape after the 2009 injury. Murray outplays him for two sets and, oh, look, he's apparently injured now. I personally think he just didn't want to face the embarrassment of a straight-set thrashing in a Slam. Funnily enough he was fine after that tournament.

I think I confused you with my dodgy punctuation rather than my facts.

I did say Nadal wasn't injured in 2008. It's as plan as day he wasn't.

What I then forgot to do was start a new paragraph before talking about Australia in 2010. I watched that match as it happened, and no way did Nadal start it with an injury. He just suddenly retired. As you suggest, a straight-sets thrashing was in the offing and he didn't want to face it.

Sorry if I confused you.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #6626 on: June 24, 2013, 02:26 PM »

I think I confused you with my dodgy punctuation rather than my facts.

I did say Nadal wasn't injured in 2008. It's as plan as day he wasn't.

What I then forgot to do was start a new paragraph before talking about Australia in 2010. I watched that match as it happened, and no way did Nadal start it with an injury. He just suddenly retired. As you suggest, a straight-sets thrashing was in the offing and he didn't want to face it.

Sorry if I confused you.
Ah yeah I mis-read it, sorry.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #6627 on: June 24, 2013, 02:31 PM »

Ah yeah I mis-read it, sorry.

Not at all. I wasn't clear. My hand gets a bit ahead of my brain at times. Either way, no need to apologise Smile.
IP Logged
Moozza

Re: News Articles « Reply #6628 on: June 24, 2013, 06:52 PM »

An Andy-related extract from Pat Cash's article in the Sunday Times:

Why I back Nadal to defy this absurd seeding

"So in the last four Murray is the probable opponent and after the Scot's back injury I'm wondering if he will be sufficiently strong, physically and mentally, to last back-to-back five-set matches. The only times Murray has beaten Nadal in Grand Slam matches has been when Rafa was playing hurt: the US Open in 2008 and the Australian Open in 2010. Since the Scot reached the final of the Australian Open in January he hasn't enjoyed the greatest of years by the lofty standards we expect from him. He won the Miami Masters title in March and Queen's last week but he didn't have to beat another member of the top four to claim either trophy. To win Wimbledon I'm sure he'll have to beat two of them, back to back over the best of five sets. He has never managed that and, sadly, I'm not sure he'll do it this time."

----------

Have I missed something here, or am I right in thinking that Rafa wasn't injured at all in their US Open match that Andy won? And in their Australian Open match, didn't Rafa get injured only after Andy had a 2 set lead anyway, with Andy always looking like the likely winner.

Lol. Good call there Cash.  clap
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6629 on: June 24, 2013, 07:03 PM »

lol yeah nice spot, i don't think he will be the only one though trying to bury his head in the sand today, McEnroe was also predicting that Nadal would crush all in his path over the next fortnight.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 441 [442] 443 444 445 ... 754 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »