Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 1 Member and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 458 [459] 460 461 462 ... 755 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 467978 times)
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: News Articles « Reply #6870 on: July 09, 2013, 06:22 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jul/07/andy-murray-wimbledon-richard-krajicek

I run the Rotterdam tournament every February and I don't know if we can afford Andy any more. I should have made a deal with him before Wimbledon.

Richard Krajicek, the 1996 Wimbledon champion, was working for BBC 5 Live throughout the Championships

But this was what he said in february this year: It's in Dutch but Krajicek said he wanted Federer or Nadal or Djokovic......He called it the top three and didn't ment the tennis top but the populatity top three...

It would be very sad if he's too late now Frown

( http://www.nusport.nl/abn-amro-wtt/3224504/krajicek-staart-zich-niet-blind-terugkeer-federer.html )

It's a kind of unfair that say that  Murray would be too expensive....Krajicek paid 1 million euro's for Fererer (and Federer played only three matches and lost to Benneteau
[ Last edit by flowerpower July 09, 2013, 06:56 PM ] IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #6871 on: July 09, 2013, 06:40 PM »

Serve the ******* right, I would say.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #6872 on: July 09, 2013, 06:41 PM »

^ Me too. Nerve!
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6873 on: July 09, 2013, 06:48 PM »

Some lovely pictures in the press today of Andy in an embrace with both his parents and the suggestion is that perhaps this has helped some sort of reconciliation between them - not coming back together of course but apparently they've hardly spoken to each other in recent years.  If so, I can imagine that would bring Andy as much happiness as anything.
I thought the photos were lovely, but the presumption by the paper that there had been a horrible rift, and it was a magical healing process, was dreadful, sensationalistic and distasteful, but what can you expect from The Express?  Taking a rare day off from reporting the weather and what frock Kate is wearing.   They attempted to demonstrate the acrimony by publishing a photo of them not sitting together during the match - and looking a bit tense, lol.   I thought it was the only real low in the mainstream coverage of the last couple of days.

There's a souvenir special in today's Times - as well as some features in the rest of the paper.  By now, a lot of the features are the product of editors telling their jobbing staff to come up with another angle, trying to keep the story going, so some articles are beyond tenuous, but I thought the special was done well.  I've not read it all yet, but they've printed the article from when Perry won (apparently his opponent was injured!), and a piece about Dani, which I really enjoyed.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6874 on: July 09, 2013, 06:53 PM »

Serve the ******* right, I would say.

huh? ******** ?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: News Articles « Reply #6875 on: July 09, 2013, 06:58 PM »

http://www.theonion.com/articles/andy-murray-claims-its-kind-of-pathetic-britain-ta,33059/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview%3A2%3ADefault

Wow.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6876 on: July 09, 2013, 07:06 PM »

You're not familiar with the Onion, Gangsta?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: News Articles « Reply #6877 on: July 09, 2013, 07:08 PM »

You're not familiar with the Onion, Gangsta?

No, but it's very funny, int it?
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6878 on: July 09, 2013, 07:09 PM »

No, but it's very funny, int it?
  Damm Right!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6879 on: July 09, 2013, 07:15 PM »

Enjoy Today At Wimbledon Ruthie, I did!

It seems to me that bandwagon jumpers will always get in on the act. Andy's bright enough, and focused enough, to ignore the lot of it. The thing that doesn't worry me at all is any chance of him getting carried away now, with all the trimmings. He's worked too hard for this, and is still too hungry for more, to let that happen. Besides, Lendl would kick his butt Whistle.

I saw one lovely pic yesterday from the Wimbledon ball of Judy and Will embracing Andy. It made me really choke up to see them together and see them looking so happy for him. If what Andy did on Sunday brings Judy and Will to some sort of better understanding and peace I'm sure Andy will be delighted.

The one thing that did cross my mind about Andy winning Wimbledon (I love saying that, he did it yay yay yay yay!) is that at least he got his replica trophy straight away. I had to smile though when he said in one of the interviews that after the presentation of the actual trophy on the court, he was looking for his name on the trophy and couldn't find it. He said he was getting worried until it was pointed out to him that his name, like all the winners from a certain point (I must read my copy of John Barrett's book to find out when, Andy did say, but my brain has gone!), was on the base.

I'm not one bit worried either - his reaction to winning Olympic gold was to win the US open . Says it all. And to get tothe next slam final as well - very rare as was much mentioned at the time  ... then won his next. Who says you can't hurry a Murray?
Glad the AELTC a bit quicker off the mark with their trophy replicas than the USTA!!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6880 on: July 09, 2013, 07:19 PM »

I'd love to know why someone gave up their seat!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6881 on: July 09, 2013, 07:25 PM »

I'd love to know why someone gave up their seat!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe it was due to the intense heat, illness or even a depressed Federer fan Smile
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6882 on: July 09, 2013, 07:47 PM »

He certainly never ever says something because people want to hear it, he shows he still is who he is....
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6883 on: July 09, 2013, 08:31 PM »

For those who didn't read the article, here's the full bile of a blog of a particularly butt hurt Simon Reed dismissing Andy's win and telling us all that we should as a nation thank Del Potro for Andy's win. Take note of all the subtle Federer references, we can clearly see where Simon Reeds' tongue resides, this guy has deserved our contempt for a long time, but he's really gone too far here, utter bilge.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/simon-reed/murray-deserving-champion-djokovic-blew-150027206.html#more-id
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #6884 on: July 09, 2013, 08:50 PM »

Eejit! If that was true there would be tons of slams where the winner had been thus advantaged (including Djokovic himself in Australia) and there will be similar examples no doubt in other sports. We shall not let this spoil our moment!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 458 [459] 460 461 462 ... 755 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »