Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 473 [474] 475 476 477 ... 726 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 435566 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7095 on: July 27, 2013, 02:44 PM »

Angie, the funny thing is that Djokovic was most people's pick for the USO last year, and was the favourite.

I think for Andy some of it depends on how he comes down off winning Wimbledon. I suppose there could be a danger of being flat after such a high. On the other hand, he could come out raring to go again. I'm glad he had that short break, to relax and enjoy himself, but also it would surely have given him chance to get his head around what he's done.

I'm sure Djokovic will want to try to come back hard against Andy, but if Andy comes out ready to go and playing as he can he will be tough to beat.

Djokovic will be more dangerous this year than last imo. We saw how determined he was to end the season on a high after losing out at Wimbledon, Cincinati and USO, he won Beijing, Shanghai and WTF, and regained World Number 1. When Nole looks down and out he comes back better than ever.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #7096 on: July 27, 2013, 02:57 PM »

Djokovic will be more dangerous this year than last imo. We saw how determined he was to end the season on a high after losing out at Wimbledon, Cincinati and USO, he won Beijing, Shanghai and WTF, and regained World Number 1. When Nole looks down and out he comes back better than ever.

Remember our bet we made Joe about Andy winning USO??
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7097 on: July 27, 2013, 02:58 PM »

Remember our bet we made Joe about Andy winning USO??

I didn't make any bet, you wanted to make a bet, I refused.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7098 on: July 27, 2013, 03:16 PM »

I think for Andy some of it depends on how he comes down off winning Wimbledon. I suppose there could be a danger of being flat after such a high. On the other hand, he could come out raring to go again. I'm glad he had that short break, to relax and enjoy himself, but also it would surely have given him chance to get his head around what he's done.

I think the natural break in the schedule gives a good opportunity for Andy to have enjoyed his win, take care of the press and business side of things, as well as seeing family etc, then to have a proper break away from it, before heading back to training all nice and fresh. 

If anything, I think winning Wimbledon will remove some of the pressure he may have faced as defending champion in New York.  Whatever happens there, he'll still be a reigning slam champion, so there will be less of a sense of do or die, which might have been over-whelming.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7099 on: July 27, 2013, 04:10 PM »

How gr8 is this: Andy goes into USOpen as defending champoion.  yay A first but sure as heck won't be the last  Super
Oh me Oh my! Go Andy yay
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #7100 on: July 27, 2013, 04:30 PM »

I would like him to play in Chennai because that's where I live. Very Happy
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7101 on: July 27, 2013, 04:34 PM »

How hot will it be in Chennai if Andy plays there Sabine.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7102 on: July 27, 2013, 05:07 PM »

I didn't make any bet, you wanted to make a bet, I refused.

OK I will rephrase........ We made predictions smart arse  Very Happy cmonandy
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7103 on: July 27, 2013, 05:08 PM »

I would like him to play in Chennai because that's where I live. Very Happy

Will you go Sabine?
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Articles « Reply #7104 on: July 27, 2013, 05:41 PM »

Will you go Sabine?

Obviously. Very Happy
Just hope it gets confirmed soon.

How hot will it be in Chennai if Andy plays there Sabine.

Right now, it is too hot and very sultry. But usually during January, it is cool because it is the rainy season. Unfortunately, this year not much rain is expected.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7105 on: July 27, 2013, 07:54 PM »

Obviously. Very Happy
Just hope it gets confirmed soon.

Right now, it is too hot and very sultry. But usually during January, it is cool because it is the rainy season. Unfortunately, this year not much rain is expected.
What's all this talk about Andy playing Chennai?  Sorry Sabine but the chances of that are precisely.....zero.  Andy will play only Brisbane before Oz Open.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7106 on: July 27, 2013, 09:33 PM »

What's all this talk about Andy playing Chennai?  Sorry Sabine but the chances of that are precisely.....zero.  Andy will play only Brisbane before Oz Open.
Have you read the article I posted at 03:35 am today?  It's obvious from it that it's speculation with a bit of wishful thinking thrown in, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7107 on: July 27, 2013, 09:41 PM »

Have you read the article I posted at 03:35 am today?  It's obvious from it that it's speculation with a bit of wishful thinking thrown in, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

No, sorry, hadn't seen it but, tbh, it is indeed speculation - gone mad.  It would be totally against Andy's preferred type of preparation, would involve unneccessary extra travelling,  and he won't be tempted by the money or other material temptations.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Articles « Reply #7108 on: July 28, 2013, 09:51 AM »

Yes....I'm hoping he'll stick to Brisbane too! He's doing so well now, so I hope he won't risk spoiling that when he knows Brisbane works well for him!  pray
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7109 on: July 28, 2013, 07:33 PM »

Yes....I'm hoping he'll stick to Brisbane too! He's doing so well now, so I hope he won't risk spoiling that when he knows Brisbane works well for him!  pray
I hope he does too.  After all he did say he would only go along with Bhupati's Tennis League thing on HIS terms - he wasn't 'roped into it' as the article suggests - so I'm sure the same will apply here, especially if, as Sabine says, Chennai is usually cool and wet in January.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 473 [474] 475 476 477 ... 726 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »