Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 2 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 481 [482] 483 484 485 ... 759 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 478148 times)
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #7215 on: August 13, 2013, 02:08 PM »

Andy and kim came 6th in a poll in today's metro of "celebrity couples we never want to split up" Smile
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7216 on: August 13, 2013, 03:54 PM »

Yes they make a lovely couple they are well matched. I do hope they will marry eventually they complement each other very well.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #7217 on: August 13, 2013, 03:57 PM »

and they try hard not to be a 'celebrity couple'
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #7218 on: August 13, 2013, 04:14 PM »

I don't know where to put articles written by people not part of murraysworld so I am putting this here.  Re: Andy's chances at US Open.

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/08/mcenroe-sampras-courier-weigh-murray/48708/
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7219 on: August 13, 2013, 10:10 PM »

I don't think it's surprising that when you have two masters tournaments immediately before a slam and clearly linked to it as part of the USO series, a player with a good chance of winning the slam is treating them as preparation for the slam rather than as a goal in their own right.  It would be great if Andy could get further at Cinci this year than last but clearly it has no bearing on how he does at USO (although we don't want him wearing himself out here like he did one year if I remember rightly).
Perhaps 2010 when he was forced to play three consecutive in the heat of the day here, and suffered heat exhaustion as a result?  Hopefully it isn't as hot in Cincy as it was then - 33C, and that was in the shade!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7220 on: August 13, 2013, 10:28 PM »

yes I think that's the year I was thinking of Aileen.   Apparently it's unseasonally cool in Cinci this year but I guess that could quickly change.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7221 on: August 13, 2013, 10:38 PM »

Andy and kim came 6th in a poll in today's metro of "celebrity couples we never want to split up" Smile

6th   !!! who were the first 5?
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7222 on: August 13, 2013, 10:39 PM »

Don't think this has already been posted.
An interview from yesterday. Pretty complex questions - but interesting, thoughtful responses from Andy, I think:  http://www.asapsports.com/show_conference.php?id=91729

Andy feeling like a loser!!  but no more ... yay
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #7223 on: August 13, 2013, 11:01 PM »

6th   !!! who were the first 5?

Ooh the usual suspects.....posh and becks, brad and Angelina, Beyonce and jay z...can't mind the rest lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7224 on: August 13, 2013, 11:10 PM »

Don't think this has already been posted.
An interview from yesterday. Pretty complex questions - but interesting, thoughtful responses from Andy, I think:  http://www.asapsports.com/show_conference.php?id=91729
Thanks matchpoint.  Very interesting, and even more so that the USTA are deferring to a Brit to tell them why he thinks American tennis is struggling!

yes I think that's the year I was thinking of Aileen.   Apparently it's unseasonally cool in Cinci this year but I guess that could quickly change.
Depends on what they call cool Ruthie!  Having looked at three different charts temps look set to be in the mid-upper 70sF until the weekend, when they'll climb into the low 80s.  Although that is still slightly cooler than it was in 2010, it will be a lot hotter on court, and the humidity will be high as well which will make even night matches uncomfortable.  Andy should be able to cope with this though because of his Miami training, and he did, after all, survive the scorching temps at Wimbledon.

[ Last edit by Aileen August 13, 2013, 11:34 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7225 on: August 13, 2013, 11:21 PM »

From Sky Sports:

Andy Murray says he will approach the US Open with a new perspective after winning the tournament last year.

The 26-year-old won his first major at Flushing Meadows before triumphing at Wimbledon last month. Instead of trying to win majors, he's now preparing to defend them.

"It's a new experience, so I don't know how I'm going to respond," said Murray.

"You know, I'm staying in the same hotel as last year, and I'll try and stick to a similar sort of schedule and try and get comfortable there as soon as I arrive in New York. I'm looking forward to it."

Energy

"I get excited always for the Grand Slams, and there's some pressures that you can deal with well and some you don't.

"Hopefully, this will be one that I deal with well. I've always enjoyed playing in New York. I hope I've got the energy there and the desire to have a good tournament."

Murray will compete at this week's Cincinnati Masters, which he won in 2008 and 2011 but lost in the round of 16 last year, and the Scot wouldn't speculate on his chances of a third success.

"I don't really know," he said. "I mean, sometimes I played really well here and sometimes I haven't. I need to try and get some matches in because that would help for the US Open.

"Last year I didn't play particularly well in the two warm-up tournaments. I only played one match in Canada and two matches here and I won the US Open. So I'm not putting loads of pressure on myself this week."

http://www1.skysports.com/tennis/news/12110/8868195/andy-murray-looking-forward-to-opening-us-open-title-defence
It will be interesting to see how Andy copes with defending a Slam title.  A new experience indeed, but at least he has Lendl to help him.
[ Last edit by Aileen August 13, 2013, 11:25 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7226 on: August 14, 2013, 07:32 AM »

Depends on what they call cool Ruthie!  Having looked at three different charts temps look set to be in the mid-upper 70sF until the weekend, when they'll climb into the low 80s.  Although that is still slightly cooler than it was in 2010, it will be a lot hotter on court, and the humidity will be high as well which will make even night matches uncomfortable.  Andy should be able to cope with this though because of his Miami training, and he did, after all, survive the scorching temps at Wimbledon.

That is what they call relatively cool Aileen! 
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #7227 on: August 14, 2013, 12:48 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/10241210/Andy-Murray-continues-US-Open-preparation-against-Mikhail-Youzhny-at-Cincinnati-Masters.html

Contrary to that piece the other day, I think this is quite nice by Oliver Brown in the Telegraph. Some nice stuff from Andy in it.

Speaking of journalists, Kevin Mitchell seems to have gone awol lately, or is that me?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7228 on: August 14, 2013, 01:18 PM »

I'd noticed Kev wasn't around tj - in fact there's virtually no tennis in Guardian since Wimbledon.  I suspect they're saving money by not sending him over till USO and perhaps he's on holiday now.  Last week the short reports from Montreal were taken from PA I think.

Agree a much more positive piece tj.  But I don't like the implication that Andy only learnt not to blow his own trumpet from Lendl - he never has done.  Nice to know the locals are giving Andy a good welcome.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: News Articles « Reply #7229 on: August 14, 2013, 04:31 PM »

Murray had nice things to say about Bartoli: "She's a really, really nice girl. Very down to earth. She's very chatty. She's quirky."   Aw. 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 481 [482] 483 484 485 ... 759 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »