Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 514 [515] 516 517 518 ... 787 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 506717 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: News Articles « Reply #7710 on: September 29, 2013, 09:54 PM »

Who will be the first MWer to book?  cmon yeah

Cromlix ‏@CromlixHotel  22 Jul 
RT @indhotelshow: @andy_murray is set for another winning venture as @CromlixHotel has started to take bookings #ICMI

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7711 on: September 29, 2013, 11:06 PM »

RT @indhotelshow: @andy_murray is set for another winning venture as @CromlixHotel has started to take bookings #ICMI

Depends on who's wealthy enough to be able to afford it, although maybe some might be prepared to go there for lunch or something since the food is reportedly going to be 'reasonably priced' in order to attract local people.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #7712 on: September 30, 2013, 08:10 AM »

Me gonna do it today  cmon yeah
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7713 on: September 30, 2013, 08:31 AM »

Maybe not...
http://www.booking.com/searchresults.html?city=-2600102&ssne=Kinbuck&ssne_untouched=Kinbuck&error_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.booking.com%2Fhotel%2Fgb%2Fcromlix-house.en-gb.html%3Faid%3D356983%3Blabel%3Dgog235jc-hotel-en-gb-cromlixNhouse-unspec-gb-tab%3Bsid%3Dcf680435fcd36df9b34f54592399b763%3Bdcid%3D1%3Bdist%3D0%3Btype%3Dtotal%3B&highlighted_hotels=34249&src=hotel&aid=356983&dcid=1&label=gog235jc-hotel-en-gb-cromlixNhouse-unspec-gb-tab&lang=en-gb&sid=cf680435fcd36df9b34f54592399b763&si=ai%2Cco%2Cci%2Cre%2Cdi&ss=Kinbuck&checkin_monthday=2&checkin_year_month=2014-5&checkout_monthday=3&checkout_year_month=2014-5&interval_of_time=any&flex_checkin_year_month=any&org_nr_rooms=1&org_nr_adults=2&org_nr_children=0&group_config=&group_adults=2&group_children=0&dest_type=city&dest_id=-2600102
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Articles « Reply #7714 on: September 30, 2013, 08:59 AM »

^ Oh my........ shocking     
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7715 on: September 30, 2013, 09:22 AM »

Oh my oh my!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7716 on: September 30, 2013, 09:49 AM »

Might just go for a coffee instead   lol
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Articles « Reply #7717 on: September 30, 2013, 10:44 AM »

Might just go for a coffee instead   lol
.....and if you save up Angie.....you might be able to have a sticky bun as well!  Wink I think people wearing an MW t-shirt should get discount anyway!  Whistle
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7718 on: September 30, 2013, 12:06 PM »

Has anyone else seen the article by Patrick Mouratoglu re: Andy's lack of motivation for the WTF.  He is gracious that he has had back surgery and expects him to come back raring to go.  The article is full of contradictions.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: News Articles « Reply #7719 on: September 30, 2013, 12:17 PM »

Has anyone else seen the article by Patrick Mouratoglu re: Andy's lack of motivation for the WTF.  He is gracious that he has had back surgery and expects him to come back raring to go.  The article is full of contradictions.

Patrick knows what he is talking about, he brought Serena Williams back from the dead and to total domination.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #7720 on: September 30, 2013, 03:01 PM »

Personally I think Mouratoglu should go away and give his brain cell a rest.

The subtext of his Eurosport (well, it would be Eurosport, wouldn't it) piece is that Andy lacks motivation, but if he had motivation he could be back for the WTF. Presumably Mouratoglou knows all the ins and outs of Andy's surgery and exactly how long it will take him to recover from it to reach that sort of conclusion.

It's all very well people spouting off about Andy lacking motivation, but they aren't the ones who are just recovering from an injury they've had for two years. They aren't the ones who have just undergone three hours of 'minor' surgery to put the injury right. They are also not the ones who will have to go through rehab and all that to get fully fit again.

I don't see why people can't see that Andy dipping a bit after Wimbledon was inevitable. Andy was also struggling with his back, particularly during the USO, and anyone with a brain could see it. Therefore, his motivation, or lack of, can't be judged on the basis of that form.

Gangsta makes a fair point about Serena Williams, but she didn't exactly come back overnight from her long injury problems. It took her a while before it all clicked again. Personally I think people need to wait and see what Andy is like when he is fully fit again. Then they can talk about motivation, maybe around the time Andy wins his third slam.

IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: News Articles « Reply #7721 on: September 30, 2013, 03:05 PM »

Personally I think Mouratoglu should go away and give his brain cell a rest.

The subtext of his Eurosport (well, it would be Eurosport, wouldn't it) piece is that Andy lacks motivation, but if he had motivation he could be back for the WTF. Presumably Mouratoglou knows all the ins and outs of Andy's surgery and exactly how long it will take him to recover from it to reach that sort of conclusion.

It's all very well people spouting off about Andy lacking motivation, but they aren't the ones who are just recovering from an injury they've had for two years. They aren't the ones who have just undergone three hours of 'minor' surgery to put the injury right. They are also not the ones who will have to go through rehab and all that to get fully fit again.

I don't see why people can't see that Andy dipping a bit after Wimbledon was inevitable. Andy was also struggling with his back, particularly during the USO, and anyone with a brain could see it. Therefore, his motivation, or lack of, can't be judged on the basis of that form.

Gangsta makes a fair point about Serena Williams, but she didn't exactly come back overnight from her long injury problems. It took her a while before it all clicked again. Personally I think people need to wait and see what Andy is like when he is fully fit again. Then they can talk about motivation, maybe around the time Andy wins his third slam.

Patrick and Serena started working together during the 2012 French Open, just after Serena lost to Razzano in the first round, so not immediatly after she came back from injury in 2011. Her next tournament after that was Wimbledon, which she won emphatically. Since then she won gold in singles and doubles at the Olympics, the Year End WTA Championships, the US Open twice, the French Open (which she had not done since 2002) and many other Premier Mandatory events like Miami etc. Patrick almost instantaneously brought Serena back to life. Before she worked with Mouratoglu, she was unable to win a Slam from Wimbledon-FO of 2011/2012, suffering embarrassing losses to Bartoli, Stosur in the US Open final and Makarova in the fourth round of the Australian Open. Then of course the worst loss of her career at the French.
[ Last edit by GangstaMurray September 30, 2013, 03:09 PM ] IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7722 on: September 30, 2013, 03:19 PM »

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/patrick-mouratoglou/london-finals-not-enough-lift-demotivated-murray-104238196.html

I've just read the article.  I don't agree Andy wouldn't have been motivated by the  WTF especially as he loves playing in front of a home crowd and also it's always a big energetic crowd. And it is a prestigious event. However, it's a bit irrelevant now any way. I was left wondering what exactly the point and purpose of the article was. I also felt it was written before Andy announced his back op - the reference to it seemed to have been inserted as a kind of necessary afterthought.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #7723 on: September 30, 2013, 04:40 PM »

@Wimbywestie
Well, I was at the O2 for Andy's match against Fed and it was a horrible experience. It was full of Fed supporters who cheered Andy's mistakes. Boxing It was a blooming disgrace.
I wouldn't blame him if he never played there again.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7724 on: September 30, 2013, 05:28 PM »

I wouldn't worry about that article, if you read the comments section it's clear what most people think of it, utter twaddle
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 514 [515] 516 517 518 ... 787 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »