Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 2 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 515 [516] 517 518 519 ... 733 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 442123 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Articles « Reply #7725 on: September 30, 2013, 05:35 PM »

Cromlix discount their rooms Nov-March at 200 pounds (I don't have a pound key on my keyboard.)

There are gift vouchers you could put on your Santa list.. and if anyone goes for the bar food, could you have the haggis for me?

http://www.cromlix.com/gift-vouchers/

http://www.cromlix.com/files/6613/7243/3695/barmenu.pdf
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7726 on: September 30, 2013, 05:39 PM »

@Wimbywestie
Well, I was at the O2 for Andy's match against Fed and it was a horrible experience. It was full of Fed supporters who cheered Andy's mistakes. Boxing It was a blooming disgrace.
I wouldn't blame him if he never played there again.
That's the wrong attitude. You embrace it by winning the thing. You don't run away from it. Only cowards run away.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7727 on: September 30, 2013, 05:51 PM »

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/patrick-mouratoglou/london-finals-not-enough-lift-demotivated-murray-104238196.html

I've just read the article.  I don't agree Andy wouldn't have been motivated by the  WTF especially as he loves playing in front of a home crowd and also it's always a big energetic crowd. And it is a prestigious event. However, it's a bit irrelevant now any way. I was left wondering what exactly the point and purpose of the article was. I also felt it was written before Andy announced his back op - the reference to it seemed to have been inserted as a kind of necessary afterthought.

Probably just mindless filler, dressed up as expert opinion piece.  It's the scourge of modern "journalism", and in this day of digital content, the quality control isn't what it was.

I suspect you are right and the piece was written before the announcement of Andy's surgery, and they decided to run it anyway, with just a minor tweak.  It's a classic example of not letting the facts get in the way of the story. Whistle

I don't mind it when the pundits say they expected Andy to have a lull, because lulls after winning a slam, especially in those circumstances, are normal.  However, they are definitely making way too much of it, especially in light of what everyone now knows, which is that Andy was playing through the pain with a back problem, very probably knowing that he'd be having the surgery, so no chance of a high year end rank etc.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7728 on: September 30, 2013, 06:46 PM »

That's the wrong attitude. You embrace it by winning the thing. You don't run away from it. Only cowards run away.

Give us a wave from the moral high ground Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7729 on: September 30, 2013, 08:54 PM »

@Wimbywestie
Well, I was at the O2 for Andy's match against Fed and it was a horrible experience. It was full of Fed supporters who cheered Andy's mistakes. Boxing It was a blooming disgrace.
I wouldn't blame him if he never played there again.

I don't think he'd let that put him off!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #7730 on: September 30, 2013, 10:16 PM »

I don't think he'd let that put him off!

No, I don't think he would either, even if I did have a fit of righteous indignation last year and advise Andy to tell them exactly where to stick the WTF.

Whether Andy is there or not this year waits to be seen I suppose, but a little part of me hopes Federer doesn't manage to get in. That would be some sort of karma. On the other hand, if Andy played and was fit I'd be inclined to want Federer in. The idea of Andy beating him in front of the more nut-job element of his fanbase has a certain dramatic appeal.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7731 on: September 30, 2013, 10:37 PM »

If Andy doesn't play I kinda like the idea of Fed sitting in 9th spot sweating it out to see if Andy plays or not  in order for him to get in. Crumbs from the rich man's table.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7732 on: September 30, 2013, 11:48 PM »

If Andy doesn't play I kinda like the idea of Fed sitting in 9th spot sweating it out to see if Andy plays or not  in order for him to get in. Crumbs from the rich man's table.
Me too. blush
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #7733 on: October 01, 2013, 12:49 AM »

Ooh yeah!!!! I must admit the idea of all those Fed fans arranging to go and then him not getting in amuses me somewhat too, because let's be honest, the fiasco last year wasn't entirely his fault. The fault lay with Federer's nut-job element being pathetic towards Andy from the word go. It's weird, but the thought of that match still makes me cringe.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: News Articles « Reply #7734 on: October 01, 2013, 12:50 AM »

Federer is 7th in the Race, he will qualify yay
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7735 on: October 01, 2013, 01:43 AM »

Fed will probably be 8th or 9th even in the race after Beijing is over.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7736 on: October 01, 2013, 03:13 AM »

fainting

I wouldn't worry about that article, if you read the comments section it's clear what most people think of it, utter twaddle
I agree.  It's total BS.
[ Last edit by Aileen October 01, 2013, 03:19 AM ] IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #7737 on: October 01, 2013, 05:38 PM »

C'mon guys-let's get voting for Andy!   cmon yeah

http://t.co/OuLGia8HH7
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: News Articles « Reply #7738 on: October 01, 2013, 06:45 PM »

C'mon guys-let's get voting for Andy!   cmon yeah

http://t.co/OuLGia8HH7
well done Danni just posted on the wrong MW site   Embarassed voted all ready  Smile
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #7739 on: October 01, 2013, 06:46 PM »

well done Danni just posted on the wrong MW site   Embarassed voted all ready  Smile

Oh,sorry Deb-hadn't seen that!But hey-there's no wrong thread to post it in!The more threads,the more it gets seen-hopefully the more votes Andy racks up! Very Happy  yay
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 515 [516] 517 518 519 ... 733 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »