Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 516 [517] 518 519 520 ... 758 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 476459 times)
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: News Articles « Reply #7740 on: October 01, 2013, 06:51 PM »

Oh,sorry Deb-hadn't seen that!But hey-there's no wrong thread to post it in!The more threads,the more it gets seen-hopefully the more votes Andy racks up! Very Happy  yay
Abousltley  ( I am quite bad on the iPad!! )  come on Andy  yay win win win
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7741 on: October 01, 2013, 07:20 PM »

Job done!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: News Articles « Reply #7742 on: October 01, 2013, 08:07 PM »

Job done!
  yay
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7743 on: October 01, 2013, 08:17 PM »

Job done!
I've voted again on here as well. Very Happy  It won't let you vote unless you provide an email address, but these can always be invented if you don't want to reveal your own. I used my own for the first vote but used an old email account for the second one, although I bet they don't get checked!
I left a comment too and from what I've looked at Andy is getting a lot of support. yay
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7744 on: October 01, 2013, 09:21 PM »

Andy has written *coughs* an article about funding for the Malaria No More campaign and global fund.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/andy-murray/andy-murray-malaria-no-more_b_4017230.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003&ir=UK

As usual, there are a few who resent spending any money on saving lives abroad, no matter how much further our money goes, and how many more lives can be saved, but I think it's great.  We might enjoy a good moan in this country, but on the whole, we are lucky to have been born into a stable and relatively rich country with a decent health care system, and the opportunity to moan about these things is a luxury not enjoyed by most.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7745 on: October 02, 2013, 01:23 AM »

Andy has written *coughs* an article about funding for the Malaria No More campaign and global fund.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/andy-murray/andy-murray-malaria-no-more_b_4017230.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003&ir=UK

As usual, there are a few who resent spending any money on saving lives abroad, no matter how much further our money goes, and how many more lives can be saved, but I think it's great.  We might enjoy a good moan in this country, but on the whole, we are lucky to have been born into a stable and relatively rich country with a decent health care system, and the opportunity to moan about these things is a luxury not enjoyed by most.
I agree Sparkle, but unfortunately the article doesn't seem to offer any way of donating to Malaria No More, so if anyone does want to donate to this charity, and I really hope some of you will, please go to http://malarianomore.org.uk/donate   
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #7746 on: October 02, 2013, 06:38 PM »

From Andy's facebook-

"Don’t forget to watch the Daily Mirror’s The Pride of Britain Awards next tuesday. It’s always such an incredible night full of inspiring and courageous people. I’ve taken part in a special recording which will be shown at the beginning of the awards, I can’t say anymore than that but all will be revealed next tuesday on ITV at 8pm!”
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #7747 on: October 02, 2013, 07:13 PM »

thanks dani have noted in my diary and will try to watch and have voted too.

Re the piece in tennis news a few pages back - they seem to forget Andy has had experience of having to take months out for an injury.  He had months out when he hurt his wrist badly and was out for months from the clay court season until US hard court season. So it won't be a totally new experience though admittedly a wrist injury wouldn't have affected his fitness training like a back injury will.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7748 on: October 02, 2013, 11:44 PM »

From Andy's facebook-

"Don’t forget to watch the Daily Mirror’s The Pride of Britain Awards next tuesday. It’s always such an incredible night full of inspiring and courageous people. I’ve taken part in a special recording which will be shown at the beginning of the awards, I can’t say anymore than that but all will be revealed next tuesday on ITV at 8pm!”

Noted by me too!  Andy apart, I really enjoy watching these type of award programmes because the amount of courage some people display in the most adverse of circumstances never ceases to amaze me.

Re the piece in tennis news a few pages back - they seem to forget Andy has had experience of having to take months out for an injury.  He had months out when he hurt his wrist badly and was out for months from the clay court season until US hard court season. So it won't be a totally new experience though admittedly a wrist injury wouldn't have affected his fitness training aa back injury will.
From what I read in his autobiography "Hitting Back" (yes, I know it's been updated and the title changed) it seems that laterally his problem lay more in his head than his wrist.   He wasn't out for too long really, although it did seem like ages, i.e. from his birthday on 15 May - what a present to get! - until he took part in the Canadian Open which started on 5 August and played woefully.  The same thing happened in Cincy, at which point he flew back to the UK to see a sports psychologist and had three sessions with him.  The same psychologist then accompanied him to the US Open, by which time, as Andy says, his mentality had improved.  He played well, and despite going out in R3, was satisfied with his performance.  Fortunately things continued to get better, although relations with BG were becoming more and more strained.

Andy's come a long way in six years and has a coach and a team he trusts implicitly, so hopefully will feel much more confident about returning to competition than he did then.

Also, as far as fitness training with his wrist injury went, Andy definitely wasn't into it as much as he is now, and in fact it doesn't even rate a mention in his book!
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7749 on: October 03, 2013, 02:23 AM »

Andy Murray appoints Aesop to create brand identities for the tennis star and new company 77

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2013/10/02/andy-murray-appoints-aesop-create-brand-identities-tennis-star-and-new-company-77

Tennis star Andy Murray has appointed Aesop to create a brand identity for him and his recently-formed management company, 77, following an eight-way pitch.

The agency has been tasked with creating two identities; one for Murray, which will appear on his sportswear, and one for 77 which will appear on company collateral and touch points.

Martin Grimer, executive creative director at Aesop, said: "His Wimbledon success secured a new chapter for British tennis."

"For us, winning the opportunity to create and narrate his story and deliver an iconic identity for both him and his company is a grand slam."
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7750 on: October 03, 2013, 03:36 AM »

Thanks Iona.  I admit that this is the first I've heard about his new management company.  Obviously somehow missed this when it was posted on MW.

I checked the Aesop Agency out and it'll be very interesting to see how they'll create a brand identity for Andy as his company because as far as I make out they seem to be involved mainly with creating brand images for food and drink's companies, although it seems that HSBC, Sainsbury's, Shell and GlaxoSmithKline are also among their clients.

This is an example of one of the brands they were asked to promote and how they went about creating its identity - http://www.aesopagency.com/index.php/work/newcastle-brown-ale/
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: News Articles « Reply #7751 on: October 03, 2013, 08:57 PM »

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/article/1214639/andy-murray-roger-federer-style-personal-logo

Pompidompidom.....

It's time he's going to play matches in stead of thinking about his own logo Smile
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #7752 on: October 03, 2013, 08:59 PM »

From Andy's facebook-

"Don’t forget to watch the Daily Mirror’s The Pride of Britain Awards next tuesday. It’s always such an incredible night full of inspiring and courageous people. I’ve taken part in a special recording which will be shown at the beginning of the awards, I can’t say anymore than that but all will be revealed next tuesday on ITV at 8

I wish I could see it, I voted for Andy....good luck to Andy!!!
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #7753 on: October 03, 2013, 09:09 PM »

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/article/1214639/andy-murray-roger-federer-style-personal-logo

Pompidompidom.....

It's time he's going to play matches in stead of thinking about his own logo Smile
Andy, please do not become like Roger -- You want to have a logo, fine, but stay your humble self!!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #7754 on: October 03, 2013, 09:26 PM »

I remember andy once saying he couldn't see the point of logos on one's tennis shoes when he was asked about it once.  I liked that response.  Pity that the PR people seem to have got at him and he's now going down the Fed/Rafa/Nole route. But I'm sure he will still his humble self nevertheless apollo.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 516 [517] 518 519 520 ... 758 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »