Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 517 [518] 519 520 521 ... 741 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 446386 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7755 on: October 03, 2013, 10:00 PM »

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/article/1214639/andy-murray-roger-federer-style-personal-logo

Pompidompidom.....

It's time he's going to play matches in stead of thinking about his own logo Smile
Well he won't be able to play matches any time soon, so anything that keeps him occupied can only be a good thing. Smile

Andy, please do not become like Roger -- You want to have a logo, fine, but stay your humble self!!
This is what it says in the article -

In the light of Murray’s historic Wimbledon win, his popularity riding high and a mooted high-profile exhibition match against Serena Williams, Murray’s advisers feel this is the right time for the player to increase the focus on his brand identity.

I would think that, to a large extent, Andy has to do what his advisers want him to do (success and fame come at a price), and I don't see anything wrong with him having a logo - although it'll be interesting to see how they make one from AM - because one thing I'm sure of and that is that Andy will always be the Andy we know and love.  For one thing he's got too many people round him who will make sure that he stays firmly grounded, a fact he acknowledged after Wimbledon when he said he was worried that things might change him.

P.S.  I'll be very surprised indeed if this proposed Andy vs Serena match will ever take place!
[ Last edit by Aileen October 03, 2013, 10:09 PM ] IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7756 on: October 03, 2013, 10:05 PM »

Being a fan doesn't mean you like everything about/ from a person....I always have to smile about logo's (looks like somebody can't reminder his own name) so we have to get used to this new thing...that's all.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: News Articles « Reply #7757 on: October 03, 2013, 10:11 PM »

Well he won't be able to play matches any time soon, so anything that keeps him occupied can only be a good thing. Smile
This is what it says in the article -

In the light of Murray’s historic Wimbledon win, his popularity riding high and a mooted high-profile exhibition match against Serena Williams, Murray’s advisers feel this is the right time for the player to increase the focus on his brand identity.

I would think that, to a large extent, Andy has to do what his advisers want him to do (success and fame come at a price), and I don't see anything wrong with him having a logo - although it'll be interesting to see how they make one from AM - because one thing I'm sure of and that is that Andy will always be the Andy we know and love.  For one thing he's got too many people round him who will make sure that he stays firmly grounded, a fact he acknowledged after Wimbledon when he said he was worried that things might change him.

P.S.  I'll be very surprised indeed if this proposed Andy vs Serena match will ever take place!

My two favourite tennis players battling it out, I bloody hope it does happen.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7758 on: October 03, 2013, 10:13 PM »

Being a fan doesn't mean you like everything about/ from a person....I always have to smile about logo's (looks like somebody can't reminder his own name) so we have to get used to this new thing...that's all.
  Flowerpower, I've never seen the point of logos for individuals either, although I have no problem with organisations having them.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7759 on: October 03, 2013, 10:14 PM »

My two favourite tennis players battling it out, I bloody hope it does happen.
If it does, Andy will SLAY Serena 6-0, 6-0. wink
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: News Articles « Reply #7760 on: October 03, 2013, 10:20 PM »

If it does, Andy will SLAY Serena 6-0, 6-0. wink

Excuse me? Li Na beat Djokovic 7-6 in an exhibition in China before Beijing. Serena will probably win a few games, maybe 6-3 6-2 or 7-6 6-1.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7761 on: October 03, 2013, 10:32 PM »

Djokovic is a big softie. lol
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7762 on: October 03, 2013, 10:37 PM »

My niece (6) and my nephew (14) are both huge fans of Andy. I remember years ago buying my nephew a Fred Perry bear (from Andy's website) and he sat cuddling it as Andy won his first masters title. This year they both asked for an Andy Murray cap before Wimbledon. What could I buy them? A plain adidas cap. I can see why some adults might not like to see brand Andy Murray but it's nice for kids to wear something unique to their favourite player. I'm looking forward to seeing Andy's logo. I'm also looking forward to buying my niece and nephew an Andy Murray cap.  
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #7763 on: October 03, 2013, 10:43 PM »

Maybe I should have made myself clearer.  I've got no objection to players having a logo on their merchandise, but I do think it smacks of arrogance having it on their own kit.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: News Articles « Reply #7764 on: October 03, 2013, 10:44 PM »

Maybe I should have made myself clearer.  I've got no objection to players having a logo on their merchandise, but I do think it smacks of arrogance having it on their own kit.

What? I disagree.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #7765 on: October 03, 2013, 10:44 PM »

My niece (6) and my nephew (14) are both huge fans of Andy. I remember years ago buying my nephew a Fred Perry bear (from Andy's website) and he sat cuddling it as Andy won his first masters title. This year they both asked for an Andy Murray cap before Wimbledon. What could I buy them? A plain adidas cap. I can see why some adults might not like to see brand Andy Murray but it's nice for kids to wear something unique to their favourite player. I'm looking forward to seeing Andy's logo. I'm also looking forward to buying my niece and nephew an Andy Murray cap. 

I hadn't thought of it that way IonaRed-that's a nice way to look at it!Thanks for sharing your story
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: News Articles « Reply #7766 on: October 03, 2013, 10:45 PM »

I hadn't thought of it that way IonaRed-that's a nice way to look at it!Thanks for sharing your story

Shoot it mert!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7767 on: October 03, 2013, 10:45 PM »

Excuse me? Li Na beat Djokovic 7-6 in an exhibition in China before Beijing. Serena will probably win a few games, maybe 6-3 6-2 or 7-6 6-1.

Didn't she have a 30-0 advantage in every one of Nole's service games or something like that?
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7768 on: October 03, 2013, 10:46 PM »

Shoot it mert!

I don't know what that means? doh
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7769 on: October 03, 2013, 10:46 PM »

That is not a serious post is it?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 517 [518] 519 520 521 ... 741 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »