Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 531 [532] 533 534 535 ... 732 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 441203 times)
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7965 on: October 16, 2013, 06:30 PM »

http://www.globehunters.com/News-Items/Andy-Murray-to-make-Barbados-Return-in-November-67.htm

Andy Murray to make Barbados Return in November

Andy Murray to make Barbados Return in November
Wimbledon winner Andy Murray will return to action at the Dream Cup tennis tournament in Barbados. The current world number 3 will be one of four star performers at the Dream Cup in late November. Murray will be joined by Juan Martin del Potro, Nicolas Almagro and Richard Gasquet for the showcase tournament which begins on November 29th.

The tournament has previously attracted stars like Venus and Serena Williams, Victoria Azarenka, and Caroline Wozniacki. The winner of this year’s Dream Cup will win a $500,000 stay at Saint Peter’s Bay Resort & Residences.

The Dream Cup, which will be broadcast by ESPN, will be Andy Murray’s first tennis since his dramatic Wimbledon victory in July. Murray became the first British Wimbledon champion since 1936 when he defeated Novak Djokovic in the final. After his visit to Barbados, Murray then plans to fly north to Miami for a December boot camp in the sun in preparation for 2014.

The Dream Cup has already generated significant excitement on the island. Kodi Lewis, Executive Director of The Dream Cup Barbados said: “We are thrilled to have top players like Andy, Juan Martin, Richard and Nicolas come to Barbados and experience this incredible paradise. Having this amazing tennis talent compete on the island will be a fantastic experience for the fans and sponsors and we can’t wait to kick ‘The Dream Cup’ off.”

Newly rebranded after formerly being known as Tennis Pon de Rock, the Dream Cup will be contested in the Sir Garfield Sobers Sports Complex. The complex is found in Wildey, just 4km east of the Barbadian capital Bridgetown in the south of the island.

Globehunters will be offering exclusive deals at two hand-picked resorts within easy reach of the action on the tiny Caribbean island:

The adults only Sugar Cane Club is a boutique hotel overlooking Barbados’ west coast. A 7 night stay is £969 per person - all-inclusive board options are available.

All Seasons Resort Europa is in the heart of Sunset Crest also on the island’s west coast and features en-suite, self-contained rooms with kitchenettes. 7 nights are £729 per person (47% off).

By Adam Evans
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: News Articles « Reply #7966 on: October 16, 2013, 07:21 PM »

Barbados is said to be a beautiful island.
*Sighs and breaks open piggy bank.* Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Articles « Reply #7967 on: October 16, 2013, 07:28 PM »

That's great news FP!  yay Thanks for letting us know! 
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7968 on: October 16, 2013, 08:12 PM »

Are you all discussing Neil Harman's book Wimbledon 2013 there seems to be another book called Andy Murray 77. Is this the one that the book signing or is it Andy Murray 77 I'd like to know which one it is.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7969 on: October 16, 2013, 08:17 PM »

Wimbledon 2013 was published a few months ago - they do one every year. Some of us have been discussing it's merits. Andy Murray 77 is the book Andy is bringing out, it's not out on general release til 7th November - and is indeed the one Andy is signing on November 6th. Hope that maks things a bit clearer.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #7970 on: October 16, 2013, 10:01 PM »

Any guesses as to when the ceremony will be on tomorrow?I'm just wondering what time we can reasonably start to expect pics!
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7971 on: October 16, 2013, 11:43 PM »

According to this website, they are normally done and ready for photos by 12:15pm.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/Mediaguidelines/Investitures.aspx
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7972 on: October 17, 2013, 08:59 AM »

Late for the occasion - this seems ridiculous: http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-10-17/murray-set-to-be-late-to-investiture-due-to-drugs-test/

Wasn't he late for the Winners meal after Wimbledon due to a drug test then as well. Amazing.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #7973 on: October 17, 2013, 09:01 AM »

Late for the occasion - this seems ridiculous: http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-10-17/murray-set-to-be-late-to-investiture-due-to-drugs-test/

Wasn't he late for the Winners meal after Wimbledon due to a drug test then as well. Amazing.

Ooh ffs!! Talk about bad timing....they must have knew he was going there  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Articles « Reply #7974 on: October 17, 2013, 10:45 AM »

^^  fainting That's crazy! Couldn't they have waited till after?  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #7975 on: October 17, 2013, 10:55 AM »

^^ Maybe WADA wanted the extra publicity.
Oh well - this is hot off the press : http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/national/news/10744895._/

No pics yet though!

EDIT Lovely first pics here : http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-10-17/andy-murray-arrives-at-buckingham-palace/
[ Last edit by matchpoint October 17, 2013, 11:01 AM ] IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7976 on: October 17, 2013, 11:00 AM »

I've got the BBC News Channel playing and they've just mentioned they'll be going over to Buck Palace in the next half hour or so where Andy will be getting his OBE
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7977 on: October 17, 2013, 11:34 AM »

I've got the BBC News Channel playing and they've just mentioned they'll be going over to Buck Palace in the next half hour or so where Andy will be getting his OBE

Have you seen anything there at all Elena?I've put BBC news on since I saw your post about 15 mins ago,but haven't seen anything so far.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7978 on: October 17, 2013, 11:38 AM »

Have you seen anything there at all Elena?I've put BBC news on since I saw your post about 15 mins ago,but haven't seen anything so far.

BBC news channel there now!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #7979 on: October 17, 2013, 11:40 AM »

BBC news channel there now!

Just saw it!

So lovely to see him getting it-thank you very much,as I wouldn't have turned it on except for your post!

Lovely to see him so smiley  tender
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 531 [532] 533 534 535 ... 732 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »