Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 540 [541] 542 543 544 ... 758 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 477345 times)
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #8100 on: October 31, 2013, 04:57 PM »

More details on Andy's new racquet

http://www.andymurray.com/news-and-blog/archive/
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #8101 on: October 31, 2013, 05:09 PM »

Andy's been busy today - another interview here. Says he was playing in pain for 18/19 months - poor guy. Seems pretty cheerful though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/24762714

Murray, who won the US Open and Wimbledon during that period, says it will be "interesting to see how badly I'm playing," when he returns to the practice court.

The Wimbledon champion adds that his goal is to be able to play "pain-free" when he returns to action although he does not know when that will be.
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8102 on: October 31, 2013, 05:20 PM »

On BBC Andy said that he would only play the Australian Open if he felt he was capable of winning it.Let's hope he does
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8103 on: October 31, 2013, 05:40 PM »

Just watched him on BBC. My first thought was my goodness he is looking well. The strain seems to have gone from his face. If as he said he has been in pain for about 19 months, and I don't doubt it, I suspect it must have been worse than any of us realised. It makes his achievements over the last 18 months even more impressive, and sends my already high admiration for him through the roof.

I know from my own ailments, just how draining constant pain can be. The fact he has managed to perform as he has, is awesome credit to him. He deserves every one of those trophies.

The lad will be back - patience folks.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8104 on: October 31, 2013, 05:51 PM »

Really looking forward to what pain free Murray can do. w00t
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8105 on: October 31, 2013, 06:25 PM »

ah that's what the press conference was about.  But all sounds good.
Could we have a ban on people starting ridiculous rumours enough to give one a heart attack if we believed them?  shocking
LOL, you would hope that the "News Articles" thread could be free from baseless speculation of the overly dramatic and negative type. 

There was nothing "surprise" about the press conference.  It was just interviews we didn't know about until we found out about it.  I'm sure the people of the press knew about it with plenty of notice. Very Happy

I guessed it would be to do with the book or exho, but thinking about it, the new racquet could have been predicted.  There have been articles in the press about it in the last couple of weeks.

Having a bit of time now to take care of these sorts of sponsor commitments is probably why Andy might be able to go to Miami earlier than usual, and why not take the opportunity to do general press and PR.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #8106 on: October 31, 2013, 06:36 PM »

I agree that Andy looks and sounds so much more relaxed.  Provided that the op has worked this could prove to be a blessing in disguise, forcing him to rest and allowing him to take stock after reaching the pinnacle of tennis for him.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #8107 on: October 31, 2013, 06:51 PM »

http://www.sportinglife.com/tennis/news/article/553/9000646/murray-outlines-melbourne-mission
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #8108 on: October 31, 2013, 07:09 PM »

Andy really does look and sound very good. I agree with you Ruthie, privided all has gone well with the surgery the lay-off could end up as a blessing in disguise.

As much as I want Andy back, I think he's right to suggest he will only play the AO if he is fit enough to win it. I just think that is the right mindset for Andy. He's not the sort of player to turn up just for a match or two, to make up the numbers. He would want to give it his best.

I'm honestly not surprised by how long Andy has been playing in pain. I think it's been quite clear a lot if the time. It makes what he has done in that time all the more remarkable. Fingers crossed a pain free Andy will go from strength to strength.
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8109 on: October 31, 2013, 08:07 PM »

Glad Andy sounds like he's making steady progress.
This article in The Independent gives a bit more detail about his rehab:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/chelsea-football-club-put-andy-murray-on-the-road-to-recovery-8916459.html
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8110 on: October 31, 2013, 10:51 PM »

So glad I wasn't on here earlier - some very dramatic doommongering. My heart would have been in a sorry state!
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: News Articles « Reply #8111 on: October 31, 2013, 10:53 PM »

So glad I wasn't on here earlier - some very dramatic doommongering. My heart would have been in a sorry state!

GangstaMurray can do no wrong.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8112 on: October 31, 2013, 10:55 PM »

Hah!  naughty
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #8113 on: October 31, 2013, 11:02 PM »

Mines was for a split second......then I thought nah nae chance!!!  nah
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8114 on: October 31, 2013, 11:21 PM »

You better look after it - it will be fluttering a plenty next Wednesday!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 540 [541] 542 543 544 ... 758 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »