Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 550 [551] 552 553 554 ... 713 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 411385 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #8250 on: November 09, 2013, 10:25 PM »

was just about to post the same news dani.  And don't you think he did a brilliant interview? Loved the deadpan response to the invitation to pee into the bottle at the end.  And they say he doesn't have a sense of humour.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #8251 on: November 09, 2013, 10:28 PM »

was just about to post the same news dani.  And don't you think he did a brilliant interview? Loved the deadpan response to the invitation to pee into the bottle at the end.  And they say he doesn't have a sense of humour.

Oh it was really good!Andy was just in great form,so funny.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #8252 on: November 09, 2013, 10:44 PM »

Loved it!! But why didn't they show the bit of andy & kim together on sofa? And andy breaking the studio light!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Articles « Reply #8253 on: November 09, 2013, 10:52 PM »

Loved it!! But why didn't they show the bit of andy & kim together on sofa? And andy breaking the studio light!

I'm guessing Kim was never going to be interviewed Ang-there were no pics of her on the yellow "interview-y" couch.She probably just went along to watch from backstage like when Andy was on Jimmy Fallon.They did show them sitting together on the sofa backstage a few times.But yeah,I want to know where the bit with Andy breaking the light went too!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8254 on: November 09, 2013, 11:02 PM »

According to Andy on Jonathan Ross he had to get some bone in his back shaved off- "a very minor amount" that should make a big difference,in Andy's words.
If the procedure was that minor why is Andy having to go through such a lengthy rehab process?  I've a feeling that, as usual, he's playing it down a bit and we aren't getting the full story.

Still as long as the procedure is successful and gives him relief from pain when playing, that's the main thing.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8255 on: November 09, 2013, 11:12 PM »

AP McCoy won SPOTY in 2010, technically he did not really qualify as he is from Ireland, not Northern Ireland. Should have got the overseas award. 
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: News Articles « Reply #8256 on: November 09, 2013, 11:57 PM »

Not sure what this award is for - but another to add to the list....

Chris Hoy ‏@chrishoy 5m
@andy_murray just picked up your trophy for you at the Commonwealth awards.The flight vouchers might disappear tho!

judy murray ‏@judmoo 3m  @chrishoy don't even think about it......Smile

Chris Hoy ‏@chrishoy 3m @judmoo too late, I'm already in the departure lounge!

judy murray ‏@judmoo 32s @chrishoy hahaha. That was quick. Must have been in the lycras :-)
IP Logged
2xtreme
Junior

Re: News Articles « Reply #8257 on: November 09, 2013, 11:58 PM »

a bit dissapointed in itv for not showing smashing studio stuff and where did andy and kim bail off to?
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8258 on: November 10, 2013, 12:32 AM »

Not sure what this award is for - but another to add to the list....

Chris Hoy ‏@chrishoy 5m
@andy_murray just picked up your trophy for you at the Commonwealth awards.The flight vouchers might disappear tho!

judy murray ‏@judmoo 3m  @chrishoy don't even think about it......Smile

Chris Hoy ‏@chrishoy 3m @judmoo too late, I'm already in the departure lounge!

judy murray ‏@judmoo 32s @chrishoy hahaha. That was quick. Must have been in the lycras :-)

The award is for Scottish Sportsperson of the Year 2013. Andy shared the award last year with Sir Chris Hoy.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #8259 on: November 10, 2013, 08:51 AM »

I was waiting for the light smashing too - must have edited it out. 
Yes I'm sure he was playing the op down but this is the first time he's told us specifically what was done and given the nature of the back it could be that it still requires a lengthy rehab process even if the op was relatively minor for a back op. Also if it took 3 hours, doesn't sound that minor though I agree!
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #8260 on: November 10, 2013, 10:21 AM »

If the procedure was that minor why is Andy having to go through such a lengthy rehab process?  I've a feeling that, as usual, he's playing it down a bit and we aren't getting the full story.

Still as long as the procedure is successful and gives him relief from pain when playing, that's the main thing.
   Is it that lengthy, though? The guy's a top athlete who's just had tricky back surgery. In the everyday world he's back to 100% by the look of it.
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8261 on: November 10, 2013, 10:26 AM »

When Andy says he is back to 100% then I will believe that. Everything else is just speculation.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8262 on: November 10, 2013, 11:46 AM »

I really enjoyed last night's interview.  I felt it could have gone on a lot longer, especially with Jonathan being such a tennis fan, but I did laugh at Andy saying "do you want me to tell the story?". lol

It wasn't just me, the book is now up to #11 in the amazon book charts.  I've no idea what time-scales they use, or how representative that is of book sales in general, but it can't be bad. Very Happy

Just one thing, those who have read the book (I'm saving it up) might want to leave a review.  The first few were all negative, either from people who had technical problems with the Kindle edition and don't realise giving the hard-back version a single star isn't very fair, and the inevitable haters who don't want Andy to ever be mentioned in the news or on tv, so actively seek out his every mention to complain about it.   Whistle
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #8263 on: November 10, 2013, 12:24 PM »

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/tennis/andy-murray-scotland-s-sportsperson-of-the-year-1-3182168
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8264 on: November 10, 2013, 03:27 PM »

Maybe the bone they shaved off was in awkward position.   
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 550 [551] 552 553 554 ... 713 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »