Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 2 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 551 [552] 553 554 555 ... 787 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 507547 times)
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8265 on: November 10, 2013, 04:15 PM »

Andy will be on next week's Andrew Marr show (9am, BBC1 normally).  Presumably it will be a pre-record. Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8266 on: November 10, 2013, 11:50 PM »

When Andy says he is back to 100% then I will believe that. Everything else is just speculation.
yes

Thanks Angie.  He certainly made use of the two Business Class tickets to Dubai he got last year, so if he doesn't want them again I'm sure he could find a home for them on MW!

Andy will be on next week's Andrew Marr show (9am, BBC1 normally).  Presumably it will be a pre-record. Smile
Ugh - don't like Marr.

Btw the Jonathan Ross show was pre-recorded on 29 October, as I discovered when I tried to get it on ITV Player - only told be told I couldn't Frown although I did by chance pick up a transcript of Andy's interview.

[ Last edit by Aileen November 10, 2013, 11:55 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: News Articles « Reply #8267 on: November 10, 2013, 11:56 PM »

yes

Thanks Angie.  He certainly made use of the two Business Class tickets to Dubai he got last year, so if he doesn't want them again I'm sure he could find a home for them on MW!

Ugh - don't like Marr.

Btw the Jonathan Ross show was pre-recorded on 29 October, as I discovered when I tried to get it on ITV Player - only told be told I couldn't Frown although I did by chance pick up a transcript of Andy's interview.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8268 on: November 10, 2013, 11:57 PM »

Gangsta - I love you! hug
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: News Articles « Reply #8269 on: November 11, 2013, 12:01 AM »

Gangsta - I love you! hug

Who doesn't love me? :P Enjoy!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8270 on: November 11, 2013, 12:17 AM »

Oh I did enjoy it.  Brilliant!
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #8271 on: November 11, 2013, 01:22 AM »

That scene makes me cry no matter how many times I watch
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8272 on: November 11, 2013, 06:43 PM »

Me too Dianne.  And Andy came so close to serving the match out with an ace as well.  A lesser player than Djoko probably wouldn't have been able to return that serve.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #8273 on: November 12, 2013, 11:18 AM »

Mirror article

Tennis
Andy Murray
Andy Murray BBC Sports Personality of the Year appearance in doubt after injury
11 November 2013 10:30 PM By Neil McLeman

The Wimbledon champion is the overwhelming 50-1 ON favourite to claim the top prize at a glittering ceremony in Leeds on December 15
Champion: Andy Murray with the Wimbledon trophy
Andy Murray's appearance at the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Awards next month will depend on his recovery from back surgery.

The Wimbledon champion is the overwhelming 50-1 ON favourite to claim the top prize at a glittering ceremony in Leeds on December 15.

But the British No.1 flew to Miami yesterday still undecided whether he will return to the UK in time to likely claim the SPOTY award won by Sir Bradley Wiggins last year.

Murray, who started hitting balls last week, is to begin an ­intensive training block before his return to action in the middle-east and then the Australian Open.

The 26-year-old OBE is unsure how long it will take to recover to full fitness following his September surgery.

And, although it is understood he wants to attend the event, he will consult with Team Murray and coach Ivan Lendl before making a decision. And the Scot has agreed to play in an exhibition ­tournament – the Dream Cup – in Barbados later this month.

He is planning to return to the UK for Christmas before flying off to play another exhibition in Abu Dhabi and the Qatar ExxonMobil Open starting in Doha on December 30.

The first Grand Slam of the season begins in Melbourne on January 13.

Last year the Scot did not attend and was awarded his third-place prize – decided by BBC viewers’ votes on the night – by boxer Lennox Lewis at his Miami training camp.

He said 12 months ago: “It is not to do with me not wanting to go – it is just not possible because that period of the year is so important for me.

“If I were to get tired in the fifth set of a match in the final of the Australian Open and struggled physically for the last 10 or 15 minutes, who knows, those three days training could make that little bit of ­difference.”
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8274 on: November 12, 2013, 05:28 PM »

How pathetic if Andy should be denied winning SPOTY this year of all years just because he chooses to stick to his training in Miami - should that indeed be the case - rather than attend the ceremony.  Unfortunately I suspect that his absence equates with indifference where many viewers are concerned.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #8275 on: November 12, 2013, 06:20 PM »

How pathetic if Andy should be denied winning SPOTY this year of all years just because he chooses to stick to his training in Miami - should that indeed be the case - rather than attend the ceremony.  Unfortunately I suspect that his absence equates with indifference where many viewers are concerned.
  I'd put money on him being there - I think he'll feel he owes it to "the country".  But I personally wouldn't mind if he wasn't.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8276 on: November 12, 2013, 06:24 PM »

There's supposed to be an interview with Andy on 5Live at 7:30pm.  I'll miss it as I'm about to go out, but I'm guessing it will be available on catch-up later.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/24912425
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8277 on: November 12, 2013, 06:33 PM »

I'd put money on him being there - I think he'll feel he owes it to "the country".  But I personally wouldn't mind if he wasn't.
At the risk of being called a gloom and doom merchant, it would be unfortunate if he turned up and then didn't win the award.  Predictions can be very 'iffy' and a lot will depend on who votes for who on the night - providing that they can actually get through to vote.  I tried last year several times during the show but got nowhere, and I seem to recall other MWers having the same problem.  That, of course, could have been due to the considerable number of contenders following the Olympics, so maybe it might be easier this time.  We should all give it a try anyway!

There's supposed to be an interview with Andy on 5Live at 7:30pm.  I'll miss it as I'm about to go out, but I'm guessing it will be available on catch-up later.

Thanks for the alert Sparkle.
[ Last edit by Aileen November 12, 2013, 06:39 PM ] IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #8278 on: November 12, 2013, 10:39 PM »

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8279 on: November 12, 2013, 11:39 PM »

Thanks Angie.  Reliving that last game still makes my stomach churn no matter how often I see or read about it!  Had Andy lost it after having had three championship points, the consequences, as he says, could have been disastrous.  Also that final serve would undoubtedly have been an ace had a less flexible player than Djoko been on the receiving end.

And I'll bet the paparazzi were happy to leave him alone so quickly afterwards.  No meat on that particular bone for them to get their sensation-seeking teeth into.  I think the same would have happened when he went on holiday to the Bahamas, although he didn't risk going back onto the beach with Kim again after he realised they were being photographed by an uninvited cameraman, since the most 'intimate' shot as I recall was one of him giving Kim a big hug!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 551 [552] 553 554 555 ... 787 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »