Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 558 [559] 560 561 562 ... 713 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 416230 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: News Articles « Reply #8370 on: November 22, 2013, 09:38 PM »

Well my sister is a teenage girl lol.

I see, should have thought of that. lol
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8371 on: November 22, 2013, 09:39 PM »

I see, should have thought of that. lol
How old are you by the way?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: News Articles « Reply #8372 on: November 22, 2013, 09:41 PM »

How old are you by the way?

17 Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8373 on: November 22, 2013, 09:43 PM »

1D are the worst band in the history of music.
I wouldn't really know because I've never actually heard them, just read a lot about them, but it seems that have quite a teen-girl following, so obviously they must have something that turns them on.  My generation had The Beatles, so Shrug
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: News Articles « Reply #8374 on: November 22, 2013, 09:44 PM »

I wouldn't really know because I've never actually heard them, just read a lot about them, but it seems that have quite a teen-girl following, so obviously they must have something that turns them on.  My generation had The Beatles, so Shrug

The Beatles >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> One Direction.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8375 on: November 22, 2013, 09:57 PM »

17 Smile
... and six days, so you're a 17 newbie. lol
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: News Articles « Reply #8376 on: November 22, 2013, 09:59 PM »

... and six days, so you're a 17 newbie.

Indeedly doo.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8377 on: November 22, 2013, 10:00 PM »

The Beatles >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> One Direction.
Like tennis players, you can't compare bands of different eras.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8378 on: November 22, 2013, 11:05 PM »

That's great thanks Iona! Was wondering when he was finally going to be able to pick it up.

I was wondering the same thing.

Which reminds me after Andy won the Olympics I read an article that said the Wimbledon club committee would be meeting that October to discuss an appropriate way to commemorate Andy's success. October came and went and nothing. After Andy won Wimbledon I read this in one of the newspapers.

The Wimbledon club committee will meet in October to discuss how to commemorate Andy's success, but they could act sooner.

An insider said that after a memento to his Olympic success has been held up by wrangling over the five-rings logo, the committee could be in "bullish mood" when it comes to drawing up a plan.

October has came and went AGAIN and still nothing. I have to say I'm a bit miffed.
[ Last edit by IonaRed November 22, 2013, 11:08 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8379 on: November 23, 2013, 12:53 AM »

But only by 22 days.  The wheels of committees in general tend to grind on very slowly.  They're probably still wrangling over the five-rings logo. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8380 on: November 23, 2013, 01:43 AM »

But only by 22 days.  The wheels of committees in general tend to grind on very slowly.  They're probably still wrangling over the five-rings logo. Rolling Eyes

1 year, 22 days for his Olympic memento. How much wrangling is required? As you say just 22 days or so since the October 2013 meeting. I hope they did decide something and they're running it by the man himself. It would be nice to see something in place before the end of the year. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8381 on: November 23, 2013, 02:09 AM »

I think that's a very fair assessment of the situation, flowerpower.

It's interesting that Andy says he could have played in the FO but decided not to, because I'd always assumed that it was definite 'No' from the back expert he saw.  Anyway I thought this was a good statement, and one we could all do with remembering when it comes to ourselves, and that is that a decision or action which seems negative at the time might well turn out in the end to have been for the best.   

I probably learnt quite a lot from that, making a decision which at the time it's a negative one, you're having to missing a Grand Slam, but rather than just looking short term you're looking a little bit further ahead and thankfully it worked out well."

As for the video of the final game - I've watched it about a dozen times yet I still go through the same emotions, albeit much less intensely, that I did at the time; and also the outstanding quality of play from both men never fails to enthral me.  As for Andy's celebrations, I think they're wonderful!  No flinging himself dramatically onto the court or thumping his chest, just sheer bemusement at what he had finally achieved.

1 year, 22 days for his Olympic memento. How much wrangling is required? As you say just 22 days or so since the October 2013 meeting. I hope they did decide something and they're running it by the man himself. It would be nice to see something in place before the end of the year. 
I hope so too, and in fact it really is an insult to Andy that all they seem to be bothered about is the rings logo!
[ Last edit by Aileen November 23, 2013, 02:16 AM ] IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8382 on: November 23, 2013, 11:46 AM »

As for the video of the final game - I've watched it about a dozen times yet I still go through the same emotions, albeit much less intensely, that I did at the time; and also the outstanding quality of play from both men never fails to enthral me.  As for Andy's celebrations, I think they're wonderful!  No flinging himself dramatically onto the court or thumping his chest, just sheer bemusement at what he had finally achieved.

[/quote]

Like you, Aileen, I watch this section of the match regularly and even now still go through the same emotions as previously. I guess the only difference is I watch it EVERY night before going to bed. My wife thinks I am crazy that I have to keep watching part of a tennis match which has been completed some time ago.

She does not understand the effect Andy's triumphs has on we poor supporters.

IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #8383 on: November 23, 2013, 12:09 PM »

Im exactly the same! Although I confess I dont watch it every night I do put it on maybe twice a month, it doesn't half cheer me up and tears of joy still come to my eyes even now.

I do normally put it in when hubby not in though as like you oss I get teased and called obsessed or a stalker  Very Happy all in good fun though!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Articles « Reply #8384 on: November 23, 2013, 12:16 PM »

I know I'm stepping into a minefield, but Cliff and The Shadows as well, 5 years before The Beatles and 40-odd years after. I can't see any of these boy bands having that sort of longevity.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 558 [559] 560 561 562 ... 713 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »