Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  News Articles 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 563 564 565 [566] 567 568 569 ... 787 Go Down Reply
Author

News Articles

(Read 508822 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #8475 on: December 05, 2013, 07:09 PM »

There is a fantastic picture of Andy running currently in Time magazine. It has been inserted by Rado watches as an advert, which has been running for about 7 weeks.

I'd love to post it here, but I'm just ignorant and don't know how to. Perhaps Nigel or anyone else can instruct me.
I've seen it elsewhere too - in one of the Saturday supplements I think - more than once. So if people keep their eyes open they might spot it somewhere. 
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: News Articles « Reply #8476 on: December 05, 2013, 07:11 PM »

I haven't accessed the bleacher report Angie because my virus protector tells me the site shows risky behaviour.  Of course it could just be objecting to the title  Whistle  Why oh why does Andy have to prove himself all over again for these people?  doh
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8477 on: December 05, 2013, 08:00 PM »

I've added the Time magazine Rado advert to my AM scrapbook; that is until I obtain a proper internet version
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Articles « Reply #8478 on: December 05, 2013, 09:35 PM »

This is straight out of the DM school of playing-it-both-ways journalism.  Always get the impression that these pieces are written by knockers trying not very hard to be nice, so can't really buy into them.
IP Logged
colin
Satellite Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8479 on: December 05, 2013, 11:05 PM »

Those with high blood pressure are advised not to read this article - what patronising nonsense.
You will need to train harder, evolve and be tougher. Djokovic and Nadal are not going to roll over. There are hungry players like Stanislas Wawrinka and David Ferrer. Oh, right, Ferrer passed you in the rankings.
How many matches did Ferrer play and how many did Andy have to drop out of  through injury? Andy is going to have his work cut out to make up for the 10 point difference.

So all you need to do is win one or two Majors and bag a few Masters 1000 titles. Be sure to claim at least one clay-court title, and at minimum split your matches with Djokovic and Nadal.

Gosh I bet Andy is really pleased for this advice!  Who is the columnist who wrote this article. I am sorry I have forgoten his name.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: News Articles « Reply #8480 on: December 05, 2013, 11:08 PM »

^ Essentially - what are these guys on?  Take a dose of no notice - that's what I do, and I'm sure Andy does.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: News Articles « Reply #8481 on: December 05, 2013, 11:13 PM »

I got denied a job at Bleachers Report because I wasn't ruthless enough and was complimentary to all opponents mentioned. Now work for a far better site called EastCoastTennis as WTA writer.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: News Articles « Reply #8482 on: December 05, 2013, 11:26 PM »

I got denied a job at Bleachers Report because I wasn't ruthless enough and was complimentary to all opponents mentioned. Now work for a far better site called EastCoastTennis as WTA writer.
Keep with your own integrity and you won't go far wrong - you may be challenged, but that's life.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8483 on: December 05, 2013, 11:42 PM »

This is straight out of the DM school of playing-it-both-ways journalism.  Always get the impression that these pieces are written by knockers trying not very hard to be nice, so can't really buy into them.
I couldn't bring myself to read it having seen the title.  I hate that kind of melodramatic attitude to writing.  Why on earth does Andy have to prove he's a slam champion in 2014?    Will they take his existing titles away from him if he can't win another next year?

Of course he'd like to have a successful year.  He'd love to win another slam or two, and move back up the rankings, but if he struggles, it won't undo what he's already achieved.

Next year may be tough for Andy.  He might struggle to find his form coming back from injury and that would be disappointing, but not a disaster.  Andy's priority for next year is to return to the tour healthy, and not do anything stupid to compromise that.  That's all he must do.  Everything else that I hope he will achieve will be a bonus. Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Articles « Reply #8484 on: December 06, 2013, 12:50 AM »

Thanks @Angie and @matchoint for earlier positive and encouraging artcles.

This one though I had already looked at - well the first part anyway before consigning it to the depths of cyberspace where it belongs.

I did look at the readers' comments just now, and got the impression they were politely trying to tell the writer where he could go!  Nice to see so much support again for Andy. Smile
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: News Articles « Reply #8485 on: December 06, 2013, 02:24 PM »

Dani Vallverdu has done an interview with Tennistopic.com - it's in Spanish but worth putting through Google translate. I can't remember reading an interview with him before - good to read this.

http://www.tennistopic.com/centre-court/entrevistas/la-otra-cara-de-murray/
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: News Articles « Reply #8486 on: December 06, 2013, 02:39 PM »

@Gangsta
I love East Coast Tennis!" Especially like Steen Kirby.
Well done you thumb up
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: News Articles « Reply #8487 on: December 06, 2013, 05:28 PM »

@Gangsta
I love East Coast Tennis!" Especially like Steen Kirby.
Well done you thumb up

I know Steen (as does Prodigy) on an online personal level. Very knowledgable man and knows his stuff. Much like myself.
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: News Articles « Reply #8488 on: December 06, 2013, 08:50 PM »

Dani Vallverdu has done an interview with Tennistopic.com - it's in Spanish but worth putting through Google translate. I can't remember reading an interview with him before - good to read this.

http://www.tennistopic.com/centre-court/entrevistas/la-otra-cara-de-murray/

Thanks Katie. A rare interview - but an interesting read. He comes across as someone who is very loyal and supportive in Andy's team.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Articles « Reply #8489 on: December 06, 2013, 11:17 PM »

Here's the story behind the video I posted. Andys childhood friend pens a song for him!

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2013/12/06/andy-murrays-childhood-friend-pens-triumphant-song/
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 563 564 565 [566] 567 568 569 ... 787 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »